Does evil exist?

So, if you saw your neighbor raping his daughter, and you had the power to stop him just by thinking about it, would you stop him or write it off as her learning a valuable lesson?
God never said bad things would never happen.

but how do you know rape is immoral?

Because of the pain, terror and mental trauma inflicted on the the person being raped.
how about the mental trauma of people being locked inside for two years? or being murdered through a fascist murder injection that everyone but the victim profits from?

Is that immoral?

how about the mental trauma of people being locked inside for two years? or being murdered through a fascist murder injection that everyone but the victim profits from?

Is that immoral?
Again, since we both know adults raping children is immoral, if you saw your neighbor raping his daughter and had the power to stop it with just a thought, would you or would you not?

Again, since we both know adults raping children is immoral, if you saw your neighbor raping his daughter and had the power to stop it with just a thought, would you or would you not?
but trauma from being locked away and injected by mandate is not immoral?

Blackwater Lunchbreak said:
@Blackwater Lunchbreak
Again, since we both know adults raping children is immoral, if you saw your neighbor raping his daughter and had the power to stop it with just a thought, would you or would you not stop it?

Right, of course you would stop it because you're not a sociopathic animal.

Now you know why, among other reasons, I don't believe in God.

Lots of people see the presence of evil as an obstacle to belief in God. They say if God created everything and evil exists then God created evil and thereby they cannot believe. But does evil actually exist or is it merely a way humans describe the absence of God? From a science standpoint cold doesnt exist as temperature measures the relative presence of heat not cold and cold is just the way described the absence of heat.
your question puzzles me......I watch the news every evening and I see that evil exists......but it isn't God that has done it......it is people......why has that confused you?......

your question puzzles me......I watch the news every evening and I see that evil exists......but it isn't God that has done it......it is people......why has that confused you?......

This is related to the "Problem of Evil", the classic question of why would an all-loving benevolent God even create evil let alone allow it to be such a part of his creation.

But the OP seems to be attempting to overcome the PoE by suggesting that evil may, itself, not be something but rather the LACK of God. Sort of like a hole in the fabric.

It's a not unpleasant way to view the concept.

a classically stupid question to which everyone knows the answer.......if there is free will people can do evil.....there is free will, therefore people can do evil......evil is not a "thing"......it is an action.....

But then you also have to explain away how a just and loving God would allow innocent children to be eaten alive by cancer.

Yes, evil can certainly be done (we can later on argue whether evil needed to be "created" and if so who created it?) but how does the evil of one person result in the horrible death of an innocent person?

But then you also have to explain away how a just and loving God would allow innocent children to be eaten alive by cancer.

Yes, evil can certainly be done (we can later on argue whether evil needed to be "created" and if so who created it?) but how does the evil of one person result in the horrible death of an innocent person?
aren't most cancers the result of humans abusing their environment?.....or don't we really have a reason for the word "carcinogen".....

how does the evil of one person result in the horrible death of an innocent person?
well just recently we observed the evil of one person who caused the death of an innocent person attending a presidential rally and nearly caused the death of a presidential candidate......

well just recently we observed the evil of one person who caused the death of an innocent person attending a presidential rally and nearly caused the death of a presidential candidate......

So you opted to simply ignore my post so you could make a Trump reference? :unsure:

Again, since we both know adults raping children is immoral, if you saw your neighbor raping his daughter and had the power to stop it with just a thought, would you or would you not stop it?
how about multiple rapes and murders caused by people crossing the border illegally under Biden/Harris' open border and sanctuary city policies?.......should we put a stop to that?.......

Back