Economic hysteria

Union workers don't make management decisions. GM is making cars no one wants to buy - their management is to blame for that.

What strikes me as ironic is how guys like you and SF think you're part of the white collar elite. The truth is, you''ve just risen to coolies-in-charge. Sort of like, lead-coolies.

but when things get bad enough, you'll go too. You're only a little less expendable than the lower-tiered coolie. But, you're still coolies.

I don't know what a coolie is. What I do know is I could be let go tomorrow, they laid off a girl who does what I do and sat next to me last week. Our parent company's stock is getting buried right now. There is zero job security here. I am also in no part of managment or white-collar elite.

I also didn't say the union workers themselves are suppose to make managment decisions I said their representatives who negotiate with managment have to make long term decisions on behalf of the workers. As the blurb I originally posted said management and the union reps took short term profit over the long term vision and are paying for it today.

I don't know what a coolie is. What I do know is I could be let go tomorrow, they laid off a girl who does what I do and sat next to me last week. Our parent company's stock is getting buried right now. There is zero job security here. I am also in no part of managment or white-collar elite.

I also didn't say the union workers themselves are suppose to make managment decisions I said their representatives who negotiate with managment have to make long term decisions on behalf of the workers. As the blurb I originally posted said management and the union reps took short term profit over the long term vision and are paying for it today.

Then they have succeeded in brainwashing you in their anti-self nihilism. You're the abuse victim who gets off when your abuser pinches your ass. Cutey.

Union workers don't make management decisions. GM is making cars no one wants to buy - their management is to blame for that.

What strikes me as ironic is how guys like you and SF think you're part of the white collar elite. The truth is, you''ve just risen to coolies-in-charge. Sort of like, lead-coolies.

but when things get bad enough, you'll go too. You're only a little less expendable than the lower-tiered coolie. But, you're still coolies.

I have no doubts that my job could be lost should the markets continue as they have been. I have been sitting predominantly in cash and gold for the last several months. Neither of which generates revenue. While gold has certainly taken a hit, the cash has not, so relative to most people my clients are fairly happy. But my firm is not. They tend to like it when I generate revenue.

If you will actually take a moment to READ what I wrote, you will see that I stated quite clearly that the management of the big three is PRIMARILY responsible for the mess they are in. But because I also said the union is partially to blame, that is ALL you and dung focused on... pretending to think I am blaming just the unions or some such nonsense.

You should look up what a coolie is, because it will be very enlightening for you.

You and your peeps have an ideological investment in blaming the rejection of smaller and more energy efficient cars on the union. It's utter nonsense.

Who worked there longer, you, or this girl?

You should look up what a coolie is, because it will be very enlightening for you.

You and your peeps have an ideological investment in blaming the rejection of smaller and more energy efficient cars on the union. It's utter nonsense.

Who worked there longer, you, or this girl?

Because I don't drive a little car (I also don't drive an SUV) I'm responsible for what the Big 3 make? The Big 3 should make what sells.

I had been here longer (not by much) but she made more money which is why they probably let her go. She was very good at her job. The parent company said someone in our group had to go. It had nothing to do with performance.

Because I don't drive a little car (I also don't drive an SUV) I'm responsible for what the Big 3 make? The Big 3 should make what sells.

I had been here longer (not by much) but she made more money which is why they probably let her go. She was very good at her job. The parent company said someone in our group had to go. It had nothing to do with performance.

yep. I lowball now too on my gigs. The tallest weeds get mowed first. Im lichens. OR athlete's foot.

Because UNIONS RULE man... UNIONS RULE!!!

Whether a firm is unionized or not has little to nothing to do with its "business model." Honda, Toyota and Nissan can continue with their current business model with a unionized workforce, just as the Big Three could adopt a business model more akin to their Asian competitors while unionized.

This stuff is not that difficult to comprehend.

As far as I'm concerened, all you coolies are expendable. If your company only knew how much time you spend on political message boards!

I could easily get laid off. only been at this company for 18months and make a high salary. It would suck for whomever had to do my work so I think they would rather not hit me unless it was a massive layoff.

In any regard I know we will have a layoff soon so i have started planning. Getting wife's health insurance, savings emergency fund to supplement unemployment, and looking at the markets. Luckily i live in the middle of Boston, worcester, providence, and Hartford. all commutable.

As far as I'm concerened, all you coolies are expendable. If your company only knew how much time you spend on political message boards!

Ha, I am my own company now! And I have decreed that the coolie-in-chief may do as she wishes!

Though, now that I am working for me, I have actual work to do. See ya later!

Whether a firm is unionized or not has little to nothing to do with its "business model." Honda, Toyota and Nissan can continue with their current business model with a unionized workforce, just as the Big Three could adopt a business model more akin to their Asian competitors while unionized.

This stuff is not that difficult to comprehend.

but WHY would they WANT to unionize? What would unionization bring to them? If their current business model (which includes employee compensation) is WORKING... WHY would they change it? If the employees felt they were being treated unfairly, they have the OPTION to unionize.

side note...

Here is the site on the compensation differences. I know this is an economic professors blog, but the data is linked within the article.

http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2008/11/lets-assume-that-powers-in-washington.html

Last edited:
I could easily get laid off. only been at this company for 18months and make a high salary. It would suck for whomever had to do my work so I think they would rather not hit me unless it was a massive layoff.

In any regard I know we will have a layoff soon so i have started planning. Getting wife's health insurance, savings emergency fund to supplement unemployment, and looking at the markets. Luckily i live in the middle of Boston, worcester, providence, and Hartford. all commutable.

Do you know Peter Griffin?

Unions aren't ALWAYS a bad thing (this coming from a libertarian! go figure). There are times we need a collective of employees to battle with a company to give a fair salary. Ford, when it first became a company, believed that employees should be compensated enough so that they themselves can go out and buy the product. Unions help keep that mentality around. The car companies might suffer a bit to pay their employees, and they might have a little bit less to 'play' with, but they've got to pay their employees or the employees have the right to leave. By creating a Union, you make that threat of the mployee leaving a little more serious, because now you have to deal with a whole bunch of employees. The UAW should try their hardest to help keep the companies afloat and compensate the workers. The workers should expect a little bit of a hit while they re-tool. If they refuse to help, they lose their jobs. The government shouldn't have to step-in.

but WHY would they WANT to unionize? What would unionization bring to them? If their current business model (which includes employee compensation) is WORKING... WHY would they change it? If the employees felt they were being treated unfairly, they have the OPTION to unionize.

side note...

Here is the site on the compensation differences. I know this is an economic professors blog, but the data is linked within the article.

http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2008/11/lets-assume-that-powers-in-washington.html

The current business model was working for about 30 years for Ford, GM (sell big trucks at a huge profit and sell cars at a loss). Just because it's working now doesn't mean it will continue to work. If GM, Ford, and Chrysler all make a come back and are stealing market share, all while their employees are getting paid well. Well, expect Toyota and Honda to lose some of their best workers.

Ha, I am my own company now! And I have decreed that the coolie-in-chief may do as she wishes!

Though, now that I am working for me, I have actual work to do. See ya later!

Yep nice to be head coolie Darla.
I have 3 more days (counting today) to work for someone else.

Back