end the trolls has failed

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
we see that with cancel9 (an obvious troll after damo said this wouldn't happen)....and damo uses this as a true canceled member

trying to end trolls has caused suspicion. and the board owner and the mods can't figure out who are the trolls. they were wrong about old retired fella, mojo...etc...

given most of us like the board for its fairly lax moderation, should we continue trying to rid the board of trolls?

is this worth our time? the one troll legion comes back no matter what. he has an IP hide program. i have been accurate in my troll calls so far, and that now pisses people off. some like the trolls, because they are a fresh perspective. if the board owner doesn't care who signs up, i don't see why i should care.

so the question is....when does it matter and why?

we see that with cancel9 (an obvious troll after damo said this wouldn't happen)....and damo uses this as a true canceled member

trying to end trolls has caused suspicion. and the board owner and the mods can't figure out who are the trolls. they were wrong about old retired fella, mojo...etc...

given most of us like the board for its fairly lax moderation, should we continue trying to rid the board of trolls?

is this worth our time? the one troll legion comes back no matter what. he has an IP hide program. i have been accurate in my troll calls so far, and that now pisses people off. some like the trolls, because they are a fresh perspective. if the board owner doesn't care who signs up, i don't see why i should care.

You haven't been entirely accurate.

Dune.

You haven't been entirely accurate.

Dune.

like i said...for now, he gets the benefit of the doubt.

but only one poster has ever put usernames in parentheticals - legion - .....do you know of another? there are other tells, but maybe its just you or some other member copying legion. the point of this thread is that its pointless to call out trolls, when you you guys allow cancel9, after declaring a crackdown, its pointless.

you outed my troll (richard noggin) a couple of weeks ago because you said it was enough with the trolls. yet nothing on Cancel9? and my troll was to prove a point.

like i said...for now, he gets the benefit of the doubt.

but only one poster has ever put usernames in parentheticals - legion - .....do you know of another? there are other tells, but maybe its just you or some other member copying legion. the point of this thread is that its pointless to call out trolls, when you you guys allow cancel9, after declaring a crackdown, its pointless.

you outed my troll (richard noggin) a couple of weeks ago because you said it was enough with the trolls. yet nothing on Cancel9? and my troll was to prove a point.

So you created a troll after whining about other trolls for months.

Truly, your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I have always found the trolls to be a humorous part of the political forums. Sadly, JPP has never been host to any creative troll accounts, and Legion has been a miserable failure. That said, he is occasionally very funny, such as some of the threads that Cancel9 has made lately, out of anger for being assaulted by Damo.

I came from a Board (Thomhartmann) originally where they had a Long time poster become a "Mighty Troll Hunter" and he hunted High and Low and rooted out anyone that even whiffed of troll poop. In the end, it consumed him and he became the troll.

Moral of the Story.. Don't become what you hate.

While annoying, people who post 20 posts in 10 minutes are clearly not putting in a basic thought need to engage in political discussion and should be dismissed and on the other hand, responding to a post or engaging a fellow poster is a personal choice and if your argument (blog-fu) can not hold up to the troll post (drunken-Monkey) then prehaps we need to reflect inward.

Wisdom from my travels

I came from a Board (Thomhartmann) originally where they had a Long time poster become a "Mighty Troll Hunter" and he hunted High and Low and rooted out anyone that even whiffed of troll poop. In the end, it consumed him and he became the troll.

Moral of the Story.. Don't become what you hate.

While annoying, people who post 20 posts in 10 minutes are clearly not putting in a basic thought need to engage in political discussion and should be dismissed and on the other hand, responding to a post or engaging a fellow poster is a personal choice and if your argument (blog-fu) can not hold up to the troll post (drunken-Monkey) then prehaps we need to reflect inward.

Wisdom from my travels

You should travel more.

damo said what wouldn't happen? If you are talking about trolls not showing up, no such thing was ever said to my knowledge, again, we allow trolls. we always have.

trying to end trolls has caused suspicion.
Haven't tried to end trolls.

and the board owner and the mods can't figure out who are the trolls.

Yes we can. But we don't always bother to look up who everyone is.

they were wrong about old retired fella, mojo...etc...

wrong would imply we made a prior claim. The very minute I checked out mojo I saw who he was. old retired fella I didn't pay attention to until you pointed him out...

again, we haven't tried to rid the board of trolls.

is this worth our time?

nope.

if the board owner doesn't care who signs up, i don't see why i should care.

you shouldn't, unless you like busting trolls and the hunt. That can be fun sometimes.

It doesn't matter, never has. Glad you are finally starting to see the light yurt. lol.

Back