Ethanol is retarded

Ethanol is nothing but a trillion dollar waste. Why do you guys cut off research into hydrogen, and put it all into ethaonl?
Because that cuts another branch of research. What part of, "You don't stop research in any area because you believe it will be fruitless, you allow people to use their ability to be innovative to push in all directions. Incentivize finding a solution, not stop all ideas in any area of research" means cut off any means of research anywhere?

What? Did you go to the Canadian Kid School of Total Reading Incomprehension course over last week?

Because that cuts another branch of research. What part of, "You don't stop research in any area because you believe it will be fruitless, you allow people to use their ability to be innovative to push in all directions. Incentivize finding a solution, not stop all ideas in any area of research" means cut off any means of research anywhere?

What? Did you go to the Canadian Kid School of Total Reading Incomprehension course over last week?

Which part of a strawman did you just post? Oh, the entire thing? Nice bullshit Damo.

Ethanol is nothing but a trillion dollar waste. Why do you guys cut off research into hydrogen, and put it all into ethaonl?

I'm a democrat, remember? Which means I believe in peer-reviewed science. We should be expanding research into ALL areas of alternative energy and conservation, as appropriate. . If peer-reviewed research conclusively shows that corn based ethanol is a dead end, I'm cool with that. That doesn't mean cellulosic ethanol, or other biofuels are a dead end. We need to look at the whole picture, and make decisions based on scientific consensus.

Which part of a strawman did you just post? Oh, the entire thing? Nice bullshit Damo.
You asked me why I cut research into another area, I answered your question directly. It may have been sarcastic, but it was no strawman.

The only logical fallacy on the thread is the one that because it is not viable now it can never be viable in the future.

Now you are telling me you can't even read your own question?

Rubbish. Use Propane. Use Natural Gas. Use Wind Power. If somebody is amazingly innovative and figures out a way to get the ethanol out without using so much energy, use domestic oil if you find oil use necessary.

that sounds about right

We'll run out of water pretty quick if we expect to bottle up so much hydrogen. The better solution would be to supply stations with electricity from nuke plants and have the stations charge replacable batteries that are standard for all electric vehicles. The cars simply pull in and swap batteries.
We haven't run out of oil yet so what makes you think we'll run out of water? :)

Also consider this little fact: when hydrogen burns the "pollutant" is water.

All energy on Earth comes from three sources. The sun, the stars, and the center of the Earth. Oil is energy that was apparent in the past, and is now buried. All energy sources are just various permutations of energy gained from those processes. Ethanol is from the sun - plants convert the heat from the sun into their mass, and we convert the plants mass into ethanol mass, which is burnt, and the heat from the burning powers our cars. This is why ethanol from brazil is more efficient than ethanol from America. But the entire process is obviously inneficient in itself.

Power plants are generally far more efficient than the power producers in your car, even if the power comes from oil. Hydrogen keeps about 80% of the energy from power plants, but has the advantage over plug-ins that it can be pumped. If we'd have "hybrid hydrogen", we could have lots of efficiency.

As it is, you guys seem to think that you can get something from nothing, and that inneficient corn ethanol is a vast permutation of what it real is.
You just did the same thing by ignoring how hydrogen would be made, and the only reasonable answer is nuclear. But that's yucky for libs.

I'm a democrat, remember? Which means I believe in peer-reviewed science. We should be expanding research into ALL areas of alternative energy and conservation, as appropriate. . If peer-reviewed research conclusively shows that corn based ethanol is a dead end, I'm cool with that. That doesn't mean cellulosic ethanol, or other biofuels are a dead end. We need to look at the whole picture, and make decisions based on scientific consensus.
Well at least we'll get to burn all those useless reports and heat a few hundred homes.:)

Back