Even trumpers do not believe trump's defense

No one believes trump's defense. trump needs the jury to come up with a defense for him. It would have been good for him if he could have told the jury a defense. The problem is the defense he would have said would have been perjury for him.
Exactly why his attorneys didn't allow him on the stand.

Dershowitz, Merchan is a fool and what's worse very thin skinned one as well.

I have observed and participated in trials throughout the world. I have seen justice and injustice in China, Russia, Ukraine, England, France, Italy, Israel, as well as in nearly 40 of our 50 states.

But in my 60 years as a lawyer and law professor, I have never seen a spectacle such as the one I observed sitting in the front row of the courthouse yesterday.

The judge in Donald Trump’s trial was an absolute tyrant, though he appeared to the jury to be a benevolent despot. He seemed automatically to be ruling against the defendant at every turn.

Let's remember what trump's defense is:
he claims he never had sex with Daniels, did not pay her hush money through Cohen, and therefore did not need to have records falsified.

Does anyone believe any part of that? Of course not. The best his crazy supporters can come up with is that trump falsifying business records is somehow legal.
He never diddled his daughter in the shower, Biden did!

You are being childish. The crime trump is charged with is falsifying business records. If you do not like it, that does not change the facts.
a misdemeanor with no underlying crime.

what's the underlying crime?

now who's childish?

you.

and your little judge who threw a bitch fit in court.

:truestory:

Last edited:
It is always best when the defendant can take the stand, and give an alternative theory to the crime. It makes it a battle between two witnesses. The problem here for trump's lawyers is that no one believes trump's claims. It would just be a "perjury trap" for trump.
this is counter to most legal advice.

but of course, you have to make everything about trump seem uniquely bad in some way, because you're a child who's losing badly.

All the videos of trump's depositions show an angry, very confused, old man who is not competent to even to sit for a deposition. Testifying for trump would not just be perjury, but would also remind everyone how pathetic he is.
We could see the video of a truly confused old man with a bad memory if the Justice Dept. would release the Special Counsel's video of Biden.

What are they hiding?

Release the video, Walter.

Poor Walter.

It is always best when the defendant can take the stand, and give an alternative theory to the crime. It makes it a battle between two witnesses. The problem here for trump's lawyers is that no one believes trump's claims. It would just be a "perjury trap" for trump.
No it isn't. It's not always best.

Now you're just giving bad legal advice.

Cohen does not have to have told the truth for the jury to see Trumps guilt.
Bingo. The falsification of business records is a given. The paper trail is clear.

Now, that’s separate from the issue of the other crime - that it was intended to influence the election. I believe that is equally as true, but I don’t know all the jury heard or didn’t hear.

Back