Evil Catholics invading America

Humans can't overcome their nature. This is one thing the founders consistently called to attention when designing the republic. Adams in particular used it as the primary rationale for opposing Paine's ideal of a simple government devoid of checks and balances. He also argued that since human nature was unchanging, that the only political invention in republican ideals since the days of Rome was checks and balances.

Humans can't overcome their nature. This is one thing the founders consistently called to attention when designing the republic. Adams in particular used it as the primary rationale for opposing Paine's ideal of a simple government devoid of checks and balances. He also argued that since human nature was unchanging, that the only political invention in republican ideals since the days of Rome was checks and balances.

I do not know about the facts of your post, but makes sense to me.

For the entirety of American government, the only things that have made us weaker were the things that made the government less democratic, and concentrated power in the hands of the few. Democracy is the ultimate check.

Paine was a brilliant man, Adams, not so much.

For the entirety of American government, the only things that have made us weaker were the things that made the government less democratic, and concentrated power in the hands of the few. Democracy is the ultimate check.

Paine was a brilliant man, Adams, not so much.

Fuck you. I'm writing my senior thesis on Adams btw. His "Thoughts on Government" and MA Constitution are the model for the US Constitution. This govt. is stable because democracy is checked by the Constitution.

Back