Evolution vs Creationism---Is there a God? Or is it all just random chance?

If Jesus had access to the Trillions of dollars hidden away in offshore banks, what do you think he'd do? Do you think he'd worry about overhead?

But he didn't and doesn't, so your attempt to correlate this is a failure.

Why do you have a computer?
Why haven't you sold it and your belongings and handed the proceeds over to the poor?
Why haven't you sold your house?

He was saying that to his disciples and not to the rich.

Why do you find it necessary to lie and misrepresent, just to try and make a point??

What? That wasn't a disciple, that was a rich man, a ruler, asking how to be more Christ like in front of others. The rich man says I have followed all the rules but how do I guarantee I get into heaven?

It is you that is lying about the contents. Read for yourself Luke 18:18-29 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+18&version=NIV

What? That wasn't a disciple, that was a rich man, a ruler, asking how to be more Christ like in front of others. The rich man says I have followed all the rules but how do I guarantee I get into heaven?

It is you that is lying about the contents. Read for yourself Luke 18:18-29 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+18&version=NIV

Bullshit.

Go back and read LUKE 18; because it states he was telling his disciples a PARABLE.

Luke 18:1

Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart,

But he didn't and doesn't, so your attempt to correlate this is a failure.

Why do you have a computer?
Why haven't you sold it and your belongings and handed the proceeds over to the poor?
Why haven't you sold your house?

I could sell my house 50,000 times and still not have as much money as Bezos to give away. And it's not my fault that's what Jesus said. If you want to be a Christian then that's what he's telling people, not just his 12 disciples what to do.

But lets now take a moment to pull back the curtain of Godly wisdom of Jesus for a moment. What if he wasn't saying "give everything away to the point of destitution" but "give away everything that makes you rich and help people who need it, live a modest and d generous lifestyle"

Bullshit.

Go back and read LUKE 18; because it states he was telling his disciples a PARABLE.

Luke 18:1

Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart,

But it's obvioulsy not just something that applies to the 12 disciples. Any Christian should take this advice. Also, when Jesus is talking about himself, and what he did that's not a parable to the disciples - they're the ones writing about his sayings and doings.

I could sell my house 50,000 times and still not have as much money as Bezos to give away. And it's not my fault that's what Jesus said. If you want to be a Christian then that's what he's telling people, not just his 12 disciples what to do.

But lets now take a moment to pull back the curtain of Godly wisdom of Jesus for a moment. What if he wasn't saying "give everything away to the point of destitution" but "give away everything that makes you rich and help people who need it, live a modest and d generous lifestyle"

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, so now you're going to judge yourself by other people. :palm:

Are you trying to say that you couldn't live cheaper.

But it's obvioulsy not just something that applies to the 12 disciples. Any Christian should take this advice. Also, when Jesus is talking about himself, and what he did that's not a parable to the disciples - they're the ones writing about his sayings and doings.

I accept your acknowledgement and admission that Jesus was talking to his disciples and that you lied in your earlier post. :good4u:

I've worked with the poor my entire life...I love people;)
You?

you don't love anyone russo bot hole

you support the most hate filled president and his most hate filled policies

why should we believe you HELP any human

you don't love anyone russo bot hole

you support the most hate filled president and his most hate filled policies

why should we believe you HELP any human
I thought you embraced facts?;) So let me repeat....I've worked with the poor my entire life...I love people...
You?

No it's not.

No he didn't. Nowhere in the book of Luke did Jesus teach such a thing.

I don't know how the first Christians in Judea lived.

You willfully ignore that I cited the writings of Luke which includes the Gospel and Acts

"In the Gospel of Luke, Jesus brings good news to the poor and oppressed and tells rich people to sell their possessions. In Acts, early christians live out that vision by sharing their property and wealth with the poor and with each other. Luke tells us believers retained no private property but they held everything in common."

- Dr. David Brakke, PhD, professor of religious history, Ohio State University

"In the Gospel of Luke, Jesus brings good news to the poor and oppressed and tells rich people to sell their possessions. In Acts, early christians live out that vision by sharing their property and wealth with the poor and with each other. Luke tells us believers retained no private property but they held everything in common."

- Dr. David Brakke, PhD, professor of religious history, Ohio State University
Go Bucks!

Jesus never ran for Office, but he did tell the rich people in Matthew that they should give away their possessions, and that it's easier for a rich man to pass through the eye of a needle than get into heaven. And he did tell the Jews to pay their taxes to an occupying army that literally crucified their people. So I think it's pretty obvious that if you wanted a people and their government to reflect Christian values they should help the poor. Are you a Christian?

some here will say I am not........God says I am......the issue isn't whether God wants people to help the poor......the issue is whether atheist political hacks should tell us what God wants us to do......

Back