Fairness Doctrine

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
You know, there's a little fascist streak in me, that looks at Dobbs, Grace, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, and other sycophants poisoning the minds of people around the country, and desperately wants the fairness doctorine back.

I supress it with egregious, unnecessary amount of alcohol. :clink:

The fairness doctrine is good oversite. To pretend it is evil is just bullshit.

Its a simple way to keep the Rich assholes from buying opinion on the airwaves.

It's fascist bullshit, but watching O'Reilly and Hannity makes me want it too.

In the end though, it's better to have several biased sources of news like we have now, than one source of news that is rigidly controlled and checked by the government.

Not one source of news, just more closely balanced.
News did fine for many many hears with the fairness doctrine in place.
It has gone to crap since it went away.

It's fascist bullshit, but watching O'Reilly and Hannity makes me want it too.

In the end though, it's better to have several biased sources of news like we have now, than one source of news that is rigidly controlled and checked by the government.
QFT

Our news media has grown more govt controlled in recent years than previously. I think you would have to go back to WW2 to see any higher degree of govt control in our news media.

what are you guys talking about?

The government can't control, or impose the fairness doctrine on cable television. They can't do sh*t about o'liely, nancy grace, or lou dobbs. They can only regulate the public airwaves.

The government can't control, or impose the fairness doctrine on cable television. They can't do sh*t about o'liely, nancy grace, or lou dobbs. They can only regulate the public airwaves.

Shhh, they do not realize that. Let them dream.

Hence "talk radio" being mentioned often. What are you talking about?

Hence "talk radio" being mentioned often. What are you talking about?

I don't believe talk radio was mentioned once in this thread until you mentioned it, and most of the pundits mentioned here are cable channel hacks. And I was refering also, to epi's mention of "news sources".

Talk radio isn't a "news source". Its entertainment. Cable news shows, I thought, was what he was refering to.

I don't believe talk radio was mentioned once in this thread until you mentioned it, and most of the pundits mentioned here are cable channel hacks. And I was refering also, to epi's mention of "news sources".

Talk radio isn't a "news source". Its entertainment. Cable news shows, I thought, was what he was refering to.
Hannity, radio show, O'Reilly, radio Show. Rush, mentioned...

Methinks you are weakly trying to protect yourself from your own foolish post. Shoot, "talk radio" was the first tag that showed up.

Hannity, radio show, O'Reilly, radio Show. Rush, mentioned...

Methinks you are weakly trying to protect yourself from your own foolish post. Shoot, "talk radio" was the first tag that showed up.

Well, I guess you would know who all the rightwing talkers on radio are, given that you are a fan of the o'reilly radio show. :clink:

I thought the reference to Dobbs, Hannity, and Grace were in reference to cable shows. Wow, what a massive burn on me!

Back