Faith is not "without evidence" argument

Antisemitic??? Lol. Ooooooo-k.

Attacking the messenger because you can't attack the message.

You hate Jews just like you hate Christians, don't you? You admitted you hate the Old Testament. Who do you think wrote all those nasty laws you hate so much? Hint; five letter word, begins with "M".

You aren't a messenger, dumbass. You're the sender of the message. Get a fucking clue, moron.

The Bible looks exactly like something you'd expect a bunch of sun-baked desert-dwelling idiots to write.

It's always interesting to spot the antisemites. They never attack the Bhagavad Gita, the Bardo Thodol or the Quran. Just the Jews and Christians through the OT. Odd.

You hate Jews just like you hate Christians, don't you? You admitted you hate the Old Testament. Who do you think wrote all those nasty laws you hate so much? Hint; five letter word, begins with "M".

You aren't a messenger, dumbass. You're the sender of the message. Get a fucking clue, moron.

I don't hate Jews Christians or their books. I never used the word hate. In fact, I don't recall ever even expressing any negative thoughts about Jews or Christians.

What did I say that was negative about either group? Hell, I'll make it easy for you and let you quote from this thread OR the other one where religion was discussed.

I don't hate Jews Christians or their books. I never used the word hate. In fact, I don't recall ever even expressing any negative thoughts about Jews or Christians.

What did I say that was negative about either group? Hell, I'll make it easy for you and let you quote from this thread OR the other one where religion was discussed.

Yet you spread hate. Why do you hate Jews and Christians so much? An agnostic would just shrug and walk away.

FWIW, I'm not religious and only go to church for weddings and funerals....and not so much there. Just because I'm not religious doesn't mean I hate religion. You and your Jew/Christian hating fellow atheists always spread lies and hate toward the religious. Why? Why so much anger against the religious? Is it because you're gay? Lesbian? Did your religious parents kick you out? Refuse to pay for your college?

What drove you to focus so much emotion on Christians and Jews?

I'll look for your posts when I have time.

Yet you spread hate. Why do you hate Jews and Christians so much? An agnostic would just shrug and walk away.

FWIW, I'm not religious and only go to church for weddings and funerals....and not so much there. Just because I'm not religious doesn't mean I hate religion. You and your Jew/Christian hating fellow atheists always spread lies and hate toward the religious. Why? Why so much anger against the religious? Is it because you're gay? Lesbian? Did your religious parents kick you out? Refuse to pay for your college?

What drove you to focus so much emotion on Christians and Jews?

I'll look for your posts when I have time.

What are you talking about? Emotion? Stating facts doesn't require emotion. You are the master of the straw man and gaslighting.

The religion that I'm truly concerned about, because of the doctrine and beliefs, is Islam.

Again, using either recent thread, point out something I have said negative about Christians or Jews that would express hate.

What are you talking about? Emotion? Stating facts doesn't require emotion. You are the master of the straw man and gaslighting.

The religion that I'm truly concerned about, because of the doctrine and beliefs, is Islam.

Again, using either recent thread, point out something I have said negative about Christians or Jews that would express hate.
Correct about facts. Hate, OTOH, is an emotion.

Why does Islam concern you? There are about 2 billion Muslims in the world. What is your Final Solution for the Muslim problem?

Correct about facts. Hate, OTOH, is an emotion.

Why does Islam concern you? There are about 2 billion Muslims in the world. What is your Final Solution for the Muslim problem?
I agree. So, where did I express any kind of hatred towards Jews or Christians? You can quote me or just direct me to the specific post number.

I agree. So, where did I express any kind of hatred towards Jews or Christians? You can quote me or just direct me to the specific post number.
Patience, my little atheist friend, but this is a good start:
It's not just the OT God that is ugly, cruel and violent. There are a lot of Christians who revel in the current divisive, "amoral", violent state of the country. If nukes were on their way from Russia or China, and the US had no way to stop them, a significant portion of Christians would see it as a positive thing; a beginning of the end, when God/Jesus returns to earth and hurl the entirety of India and about 2/3 of the world overall into a lake of fire for eternal torture.

If that's not violent, I don't know what is.
Is it not a requirement, according to the Bible, that you have to believe in the God of the Bible in order to be saved?

My percentage may be off by a little bit, but it is a very small portion of India that believes in the god of the Bible. How would all of those non-believers get to heaven?

Quotes please.

Patience, son. You're like an overeager virgin. You have over 940 posts...most of them BS. It'll take awhile.

The quotes above are a good start.

Quotes regarding what specifically?
Your comments about the Biblehttps://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?207407-Faith-is-not-quot-without-evidence-quot-argument&p=5796484#post5796484

Are you related to Perry?

I call it the Christian God because it is the god that Christians believe in.

I care nothing about Christians, Muslims or anyone else who believes in imaginary beings.

You are sure all gods are imaginary?

Or is that your blind guess?

Patience, son. You're like an overeager virgin. You have over 940 posts...most of them BS. It'll take awhile.

The quotes above are a good start.

You made the claim about my hatred today, based on recent posts in one or maybe 2 threads. Why would you need to go back beyond those one or two threads?

You are sure all gods are imaginary?

Or is that your blind guess?

There is probably nothing that we can claim to be true with 100% certainty if you have a sufficiently creative brain, so it comes down to a level of certainty based on available evidence. The only current evidence of the existence of the God of the Bible, or any other gods, are writings by men. Men who, in that period of time and before, witnessed a world which they had no ability to scientifically explain. Men who killed and buried animals under buildings hoping to appease celestial beings and bring good luck. Their writings are the only current "evidence".

That being true, I don't see any reason to believe in gods.

All one has to do is apply the same requirements for belief in gods that you apply to anything else in life, to become a non-believer. You aren't going to read the Iliad and the Odyssey and start believing in those gods, right?

Your comments about the Biblehttps://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?207407-Faith-is-not-quot-without-evidence-quot-argument&p=5796484#post5796484

Are you related to Perry?

To clarify before responding, you are questioning the requirement of believing in the Christian God to be saved by the Christian God, the existence of hell/the eternal lake of fire that is described in the bible and the claim that those who aren't saved are destined for hell/the lake of fire?

Last edited:
There is probably nothing that we can claim to be true with 100% certainty if you have a sufficiently creative brain, so it comes down to a level of certainty based on available evidence. The only current evidence of the existence of the God of the Bible, or any other gods are writings by men. Men who, in that period of time and before, witnessed a world which they had no ability to scientifically explain. Men who killed and buried animals under buildings hoping to appease celestial beings and bring good luck. Their writings are the only current "evidence".

That being true, I don't see any reason to believe in gods.

All one has to do is apply the same requirements for belief in gods that you apply to anything else in life, to become a non-believer. You aren't going to read the Iliad and the Odyssey and start believing in those gods, right?

This is a form of Atheism that most don't understand but actually live by on a daily basis. No one believes that there's an invisible 1" tall elephant that lives in their refrigerator just because someone told them it does. They say "The evidence is such that I see no reason to believe in this elephant". But when it comes to God they toss that kind of reasoning out. And demand that a lack of belief somehow be absolute and mysteriously "with evidence"...almost as if "proving a negative" is the goal.

I have tried on this board to explain this form of inferential reasoning (it's pretty standard in the sciences as you note) but with limited luck.

To clarify before responding, you are questioning the requirement of believing in the Christian to be saved by the Christian God, the existence of hell/the eternal lake of fire that is described in the bible and the claim that those who aren't saved are destined for hell/the lake of fire?

This is another interesting aspect of this forum. (Let's set aside Doc's various "issues" as he has many) but indeed the Bible seems clear on a "literal" basis of the existence of a physical hell etc. But most modern theologians seem to be of a mixed bag in how literal that actually is. There's a strong current of belief in damnation as being "extinction of the self" after death or "disassociation from God" as the ultimate punishment. Not quite as terrifying to an atheist who thinks that when they die they just disappear and cease to exist.

So it COULD be that Doc is of that stripe in his faith (whatever it is...I don't think he's ever clearly stated his beliefs...but that's par for the course with him). I would cut some slack on that front. But you are correct, literally it is in the Bible that way...but then the Bible also contains LITERAL examples of talking donkeys and talking snakes, most of which I'm certain we can all agree are metaphorical (except small hyperliteralist sects).

Otherwise I'd not bother trying to have a serious conversation with Doc. He's only on here to spread his bile and hatred. He gets off on it for some strange reason. He once posted the word "cocksucker" in reply to my post like a couple dozen times. It was weird. He's a "special case" if you know what I mean.

Back