Faith is not "without evidence" argument

Correct about facts. Hate, OTOH, is an emotion.

Why does Islam concern you? There are about 2 billion Muslims in the world. What is your Final Solution for the Muslim problem?

Muslims, in general, concern me because of many of their social beliefs and the violence as a result of their doctrine of Jihad. That doesn't mean that all Muslims would blow themselves up to kill as many people around them as possible or all Muslims support treating women as property, but the number of them who support such ideas is concerning.

You can add in the number of people who support death as punishment for apostasy or mocking their prophet.

Last edited:
You rarely post on this forum, which is why you believe that. The people who post those 'stats' are always the ones making explicitly racist comments.

I'm talking in the US in general. Too many people seem to default to labeling others who are only speaking factually.

Cite something specific. The "US in general" is a bizarre reference.

US in general just means outside this forum. I don't mean all Americans do it. It's probably a small minority, but accusations of racism, homophobia , transphobia etc are very common and sometimes unwarranted. DeSantis was widely labeled racist because of the school book that stated something as simple and true, as "some black slaves later benefitted from the skills they learned as slaves".

I do and it's widely acknowledged that they did. If you're a recently freed slave, and you had training in a craft, do you not have an advantage over someone who isn't skilled in a craft.

I will agree that this is a pretty messed up way of justifying slavery. I know you can't possibly be "justifying" the horrors of slavery but you are taking the edge off the blade which is pretty awful. If I enslaved you, beat you, sold your children off and made you live in a tarpaper shack, but taught you patent law and then freed you could I expect you to thank me?

Unless you can say that you would be happy with this, you can't say it would be good for others.

You're fucking nuts. I did not realize you are a racist asshole.

How is that statement wrong? You can say slavery was the worst sin in US history. You can think DeSantis is a horrible person. Horrible people can still state things that are true. To pretend otherwise is intellectually dishonest. Truth is truth, no matter who says it.

How is that statement wrong? You can say slavery was the worst sin in US history. You can think DeSantis is a horrible person. Horrible people can still state things that are true. To pretend otherwise is intellectually dishonest. Truth is truth, no matter who says it.

I am stunned that you think people like being a slave.

The Bible looks exactly like something you'd expect a bunch of sun-baked desert-dwelling idiots to write.

LOL. This is why I see no difference between you guys and Bible-thumping misogynistic, homophobic racists. You both wear blinders and only see your own hate in the mirror. Sad.

I will agree that this is a pretty messed up way of justifying slavery. I know you can't possibly be "justifying" the horrors of slavery but you are taking the edge off the blade which is pretty awful. If I enslaved you, beat you, sold your children off and made you live in a tarpaper shack, but taught you patent law and then freed you could I expect you to thank me?

Unless you can say that you would be happy with this, you can't say it would be good for others.

Why would atheists think slavery is wrong? Might make Right is logical, isn't it?

I do and it's widely acknowledged that they did. If you're a recently freed slave, and you had training in a craft, do you not have an advantage over someone who isn't skilled in a craft.

It depends upon how many racist fuckwits were around. Are you denying that, regardless of skill sets, racist fuckwits will hire based on the color of an employee's skin? Although I disagree with the meme of "white privilege", it's clear that if a majority of people are racist, then those who are not among the majority will suffer from it.

Back