Faith is not "without evidence" argument

Horseshit.

Agnosticism is the default position.

The so-called "atheistic position" is nonsense.

The reason a person uses the descriptor "atheist" has MUCH, MUCH, MUCH less to do with the dictates of SOME dictionaries...but rather because that individual "believes" there are no gods...or "believes" it is much more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one god.

There's a difference between "believing there are no gods" versus "not believing there are gods."

Also, atheism is the default position for any unverified claim. That's just good logic. If I claim that I have a magical goose that shits gold eggs and that I have space aliens as friends, would you be agnostic about it? I should hope not.

False. Either present evidence of your god or stop attacking me for refusing to believing in it.
Who is my god, dumbass? You're the one jumping to conclusions and claiming you know things without a shred of proof.

If you were as smart as you think you are, you'd be asking more questions and stop lying about people. As it is, you've burned several bridges in the past few days, all of which prove you're an idiot with a chip on his shoulder if not a nutjob. Is it any wonder that I think you have a lot in common with Perry Phd and Sybil?

Occam's razor is not a proof, it is a statement of what is "usually" true

I don't believe I claimed it as proof. According to Wikipedia:

In philosophy, Occam's razor (also spelled Ockham's razor or Ocham's razor; Latin: novacula Occami) is the problem-solving principle that recommends searching for explanations constructed with the smallest possible set of elements

KISS: Keep It Simple, Stupid.

If something requires convolution and mental gymnastics to make sense, then maybe it just doesn't make sense. Why unnecessarily complicate reality for the sake of maintaining religious faith?

Who is my god, dumbass? You're the one jumping to conclusions and claiming you know things without a shred of proof.

If you were as smart as you think you are, you'd be asking more questions and stop lying about people. As it is, you've burned several bridges in the past few days, all of which prove you're an idiot with a chip on his shoulder if not a nutjob. Is it any wonder that I think you have a lot in common with Perry Phd and Sybil?

I have no bridges here. You seem to believe in a god, judging by your posts and your irrational anger towards me.

There's a difference between "believing there are no gods" versus "not believing there are gods."

There is, indeed. I have written many essays about just that.

But what does that have to do with what we are discussing?

Also, atheism is the default position for any unverified claim.

No it is not.

The only reason you can possibly be saying that is because you subscribe to the erroneous position that people use the descriptor "atheist" ONLY because they lack a belief in any gods.

Well... read my position statement again. I LACK A BELIEF IN ANY GODS. But there is no way I am an atheist.

You obviously are defining "atheist" in the erroneous way it is used by people who use it as a descriptor right now.

It doesn't work.

How about...instead of defining yourself as an atheist...you actually state your position with regard to the issue: Are there no gods...or is there at least one?

That's just good logic. If I claim that I have a magical goose that shits gold eggs and that I have space aliens as friends, would you be agnostic about it? I should hope not.

I have not addressed magical geesesthat shit gold eggs or space aliens in my position statement.

If you want to include them in yours...feel free to do so.

But how about you do furnish a position statement like the one I did?

I gave my position on the issue of whether there are no gods...or at least one god.

At no point did I make a suggest that anyone should be "agnostic" about every absurd claim.

If you consider the guess, "There is at least one god" to be absurd, why not just say that?

If you are saying that, are you then saying, "There are no gods" is the only claim that is not absurd?

This is a great point to discuss. Let's do that.

Theism is an absurd claim. I've said this several times.

Then why do you ASSUME they are fairy tales? Calling you stupid is an insult to stupid people. :palm:

A story about a Jewish zombie who floated to the clouds to atone for the sin of a woman fooled by a talking serpent into eating forbidden magic fruits is, in my estimation, a fairy tale.

There is, indeed. I have written many essays about just that.

But what does that have to do with what we are discussing?

No it is not.

The only reason you can possibly be saying that is because you subscribe to the erroneous position that people use the descriptor "atheist" ONLY because they lack a belief in any gods.

Well... read my position statement again. I LACK A BELIEF IN ANY GODS. But there is no way I am an atheist.

You obviously are defining "atheist" in the erroneous way it is used by people who use it as a descriptor right now.

It doesn't work.

How about...instead of defining yourself as an atheist...you actually state your position with regard to the issue: Are there no gods...or is there at least one?

I have not addressed magical geesesthat shit gold eggs or space aliens in my position statement.

If you want to include them in yours...feel free to do so.

But how about you do furnish a position statement like the one I did?

We're going in circles here and we're clearly boring each other. To summarize, there is absolutely zero evidence for gods/fairies/superheroes/etc. If you want to believe in such things, then fine, but don't insult rational thinkers like myself by claiming that agnosticism is the default, intellectually honorable position to hold when it's not.

Wow. Just...wow. If the only thing keeping you from raping and murdering is a book full of superstitious nonsense, then I think you have larger issues to work out.

They are called morals. Do you believe we are born with them halfwit? Where do you think morality is taught? By Governments? Moron. :palm:

I don't believe I claimed it as proof. According to Wikipedia:

KISS: Keep It Simple, Stupid.

If something requires convolution and mental gymnastics to make sense, then maybe it just doesn't make sense. Why unnecessarily complicate reality for the sake of maintaining religious faith?

Wikipedia! :rofl2: What a dumbass. :laugh:

We're going in circles here and we're clearly boring each other. To summarize, there is absolutely zero evidence for gods/fairies/superheroes/etc. If you want to believe in such things, then fine, but don't insult rational thinkers like myself by claiming that agnosticism is the default, intellectually honorable position to hold when it's not.

Frank thinks all of philosophy is blind guessing. I cannot tolerate people like that.

Back