Faith is not "without evidence" argument

I have no bridges here.

You seem to believe in a god, judging by your posts and your irrational anger towards me.
Exactly. LOL
7zxppk.gif

"You seem to". At last, 'Murica shows a glimmer of intelligence. :rofl2: Your paranoia about anger is interesting, son. How many people do you believe are after you or hate you?

It's absurd because there is zero reason to assume such a thing.

So you are NOT calling it absurd because you KNOW there are no gods...right?

And if so...how do you know there are no gods...or are you just blindly guessing that there are none?

It is an honest question. Really. So give me a response. We can discuss it.

Frank will say "blind guess" to every post. This is why I don't bother with the guy.

If America, or anyone else is saying, "There are no gods" or "There is at least one god"...

either they KNOW that to be the truth and can tell us how they know...

...or it is a blind guess.

Personally, I think both sides are making blind guesses.

But I might be wrong.

Just testing the waters.

If America, or anyone else is saying, "There are no gods" or "There is at least one god"...

either they KNOW that to be the truth and can tell us how they know...

...or it is a blind guess.

Personally, I think both sides are making blind guesses.

But I might be wrong.

Just testing the waters.

Just dumb. blind guess blind guess blind guess ad nauseum

Just dumb. blind guess blind guess blind guess ad nauseum

Yeah, that is what I am saying, BP. Thanks.

Can't understand why they are all making them.

Much easier (and more intelligent and honest) to just acknowledge the obvious...that we do not know.

Interesting. As a Yankee fan, I found that one about the Red Sox living out the Bambino curse to be something welcome...although you did not seem to treat it that way.

Okay...just one thing.

I am saying IT IS POSSIBLE NO GODS EXIST...AND THAT IT IS POSSIBLE AT LEAST ONE GOD EXISTS.

Are you saying that is an unintelligent, naive, gullible position...or do you acknowledge that it makes all the sense in the world?

I suppose that if we were to agree to consider
some kind of god
who found reason to create a universe like this particular one,

then YES, it's possible that such a god either does or does not exist.

The god to whom I was introduced by the good sisters, Frank,
cannot possibly exist.

At the very least, my mind couldn't comprehend such a spiritual manifestation.

I suppose that if we were to agree to consider
some kind of god
who found reason to create a universe like this particular one,

then YES, it's possible that such a god either does or does not exist.

The god to whom I was introduced by the good sisters, Frank,
cannot possibly exist.

At the very least, my mind couldn't comprehend such a spiritual manifestation.

The god that you and I were introduced to, Nifty...is one of the most dislikeable gods of he entire pantheon. But, that is the god that caught on...and many are stuck with it. I tend to wonder how they can be so naive, but I recognize that there might be a "creator"...and who knows, even that cartoon god may be it.

In any case, I think the best (most honest, reasonable) response to the question is: Beats the shit out of me. (Which I usually give using the words, "I do not know.")

That is all I am saying. I DO NOT KNOW...and I am not ruling anything out or in.

That's like saying we don't know that there is no Superman.

No it isn't, because the question I am responding to it, "Are there no gods or is there at least one?"

If I am asked, "Is there a Superman?" I would answer, "Yes, there is. And back when I was a boy, DC comics actually sued another (Marvel comic, I think) because Superman existed."

Superman is a comic book character with an alter ego of Clark Kent.

Meh.

If asked if the Superman actually exists in reality...I would say, "I doubt it."

I am not stupid enough to say, "No, Superman does not exist."...because then I would put myself into the position of defending an assertion that doesn't have to be made...and is just too goddam hard to defend against someone determined to undermine the defense.

Anyway...either this thing we humans call "the universe" either always has existed in one form or another...or it was created. I do not know which it is...nor do I know the answers to all the questions that guesses cause.

Some people blindly guess there is a GOD. Some people blindly guess there are no gods.

Makes no difference to me...both are just guessing.

If you understood Occam's Razor, you'd be an atheist.
William of Ockham, for whom it is named, was a Christian theologian.

We can prove whether or not a pink polka-dotted unicorn exists by direct observation and investigation.

It is impossible to prove by reason alone that there is a first cause.

Religious people call the first cause The Dao, Brahman, God, etc.

It seems many atheists believe the universe just blinked into existence for no reason at all.

I tend to be agnostic about it, and have not achieved the omniscience required to say one way or the other.

Back