Famous Atheist

Protestants were at least as hell-bent on burning alleged witches as Catholics were, if not more so.

Chatel slavery thrived in Protestant America like nowhere else in the Christian world.

The original Protestant Christians were killed off by the Pagan Christians, whom later proclaimed to be the true Christians.

Hello CherubRam,

Puritans held atrocious witch trials and hanged women for being 'witches.' They are not Catholics nor Pagans but they committed atrocities.

I noticed you completely ignored the post listing many many very productive atheists who have made fantastic contributions to our world.

Is that because it completely and succinctly answered your question of what have atheists done to make the world a better place?

The world is indeed a far better place at the hands of these famous atheists, and no doubt countless others whose contributions of gone unrecorded day after day throughout history.

Also consider that many atheists are secretive. They are members of congregations, and in some cases even preachers of the Bible, but privately they do not believe. They merely pretend; and carry on the ruse in order to preserve their social standing and station.

You asked a question in the OP, it has been answered resoundingly, and you have ignored the answer. That is a glaring falsehood.

Partial truths. Are people who practice Paganism, Christians?

Hello CherubRam,

Partial truths. Are people who practice Paganism, Christians?

Who cares if they are Christians? That question was posed as if Christianity is the only religion. It is not.

One who is not a Christian has a decidedly different perspective of the world.

Christianity is not required to do good deeds.

What about Gandhi. Confucius.

Look at Albert Einstein.

Did Thomas Jefferson make any positive contribution to the world?

How about Benjamin Franklin...

Sigmund Freud, Austrian physician and psychoanalyst, and famous atheist:
“The whole thing is so patently infantile, [religion] so foreign to reality, that to anyone with a friendly attitude to humanity it is painful to think that the great majority of mortals will never be able to rise above this view of life.”

Hello CherubRam,

I see no great loss if none of them had not existed.

But they made good contributions to the world. They helped others just like Jesus said to do. They simply did it because they deemed it was the right thing to do. No religion was required to inspire them to do it.

The original Protestant Christians were killed off by the Pagan Christians, whom later proclaimed to be the true Christians.

Protestantism did not exist until Martin Luther and John Calvin and the Reformation of the 16th century, long after the age of paganism.

You obviously have your work cut out for yourself, trying to get up to speed on the history of Christianity.

SOME atheists assert that there are no gods. The ones that do are not appreciably different from the people who assert there IS a god. Both of those groups are simply sharing blind guesses about the true nature of REALITY.

Nothing wrong with making a blind guess on the issue, but that is all it is...A BLIND GUESS.

Me, I prefer not to make a blind guess on the issue unless asked sincerely to make one. Otherwise I stick with...

I do not know if any GOD (or gods) exist or not;
I see no reason to suspect that gods cannot exist…that the existence of a GOD or gods is impossible;
I see no reason to suspect that at least one GOD must exist...that the existence of at least one GOD is needed to explain existence;
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction on whether any gods exist or not...so I don't.

(When I use the word "GOD or gods" here, I mean "The entity (or entities) responsible for the creation of what we humans call 'the physical universe'...IF SUCH AN ENTITY OR ENTITIES ACTUALLY EXIST.)

Hello CherubRam,

Who cares if they are Christians? That question was posed as if Christianity is the only religion. It is not.

One who is not a Christian has a decidedly different perspective of the world.

Christianity is not required to do good deeds.

What about Gandhi. Confucius.

Look at Albert Einstein.

Did Thomas Jefferson make any positive contribution to the world?

How about Benjamin Franklin...

The thread is about famous Atheist.

SOME atheists assert that there are no gods. The ones that do are not appreciably different from the people who assert there IS a god. Both of those groups are simply sharing blind guesses about the true nature of REALITY.

Nothing wrong with making a blind guess on the issue, but that is all it is...A BLIND GUESS.

Me, I prefer not to make a blind guess on the issue unless asked sincerely to make one. Otherwise I stick with...

I do not know if any GOD (or gods) exist or not;
I see no reason to suspect that gods cannot exist…that the existence of a GOD or gods is impossible;
I see no reason to suspect that at least one GOD must exist...that the existence of at least one GOD is needed to explain existence;
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction on whether any gods exist or not...so I don't.

(When I use the word "GOD or gods" here, I mean "The entity (or entities) responsible for the creation of what we humans call 'the physical universe'...IF SUCH AN ENTITY OR ENTITIES ACTUALLY EXIST.)

Since evolution is a falsehood in this universe, then there must be a God: God Evolved: https://christianforum.boards.net/thread/435/god-evolved

Protestantism did not exist until Martin Luther and John Calvin and the Reformation of the 16th century, long after the age of paganism.

You obviously have your work cut out for yourself, trying to get up to speed on the history of Christianity.

In the first three centuries the first Christians were called, converts to Judaism before they were called Christians.

Judaize

YLT
Galatians 2:14
But when I saw that they are not walking uprightly to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before all, `If thou, being a Jew, in the manner of the nations dost live, and not in the manner of the Jews, how the nations dost thou compel to Judaize?

Galatians 2:14
But when I saw that they were not walking uprightly according to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before everyone, If you, being a Jew live in the manner of the nations, and not in the manner of the Jews, then how will you compel the nations to Judaize?

Sabbath Judaizers
The Council of Laodicea of around 365 AD decreed 59 laws, #29:
"Christians must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather honoring the Lord's Day; and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ."

Hello CherubRam,

But they made good contributions to the world. They helped others just like Jesus said to do. They simply did it because they deemed it was the right thing to do. No religion was required to inspire them to do it.

Which one of them gave moral laws to live by? Which one of them said anything about good and evil being a fact of life, and not some mans opinion?

Sigmund Freud, Austrian physician and psychoanalyst, and famous atheist:
“The whole thing is so patently infantile, [religion] so foreign to reality, that to anyone with a friendly attitude to humanity it is painful to think that the great majority of mortals will never be able to rise above this view of life.”

I looked into his works and they are goofy.

Are you aware that the bible has many parables in it: Parables Proverbs Riddles Dreams Visions https://christianforum.boards.net/thread/49/parables-proverbs-riddles-dreams-visions

Many years and many people see religion as a way to advance themselves. Being a protestant Christian I do not see Catholics as Christians because of their Pagan ways.

You are an evil person who uses your claimed religion to spew hate on your fellow man

You better hope there is no hell

Back