Fascinating Study on Cultural Differences Between Northerners and Southerners

In Texas I have noticed people care more about the college football game then there pro teams.

I have a feeling its because of the shire size of the colleges in the south. They are just massive where as the schools up in New England are smaller.

Thats partly true. Its also that for years the only pro football teams we had were the Atlanta Falcons and the New Orleans Saints. Not exactly great traditions there.

Also, college football is more about traditions and heart. Most of the kids playing college ball won't play pro ball. But they go out and give it everything they've got. Its not about multi-million dollar paychecks. Its about beating auburn, homecoming, and the history of it all.

's the kind of person who blames everyone but him/herself for all the negative aspects and happenings in their life. Sad.

To be truthful though, I did laugh at just the idea of him/her telling you that. I know, I know, we shouldn't make fun of those who are less fortunate. :p

Its not that he is less fortunate. Its that he is a total jerk and a troll. Anyone who threatens a 14 year old kid online needs to be slapped. And the threats he made towards me were disgusting.

Chap LSU has 30,000 students
for games theres over 100,000 on campus and prob 10,000 in moblile homes tailgaiting.
The food is BY FAR the best in the country
Gumbo, Jambalya etc

Chap LSU has 30,000 students
for games theres over 100,000 on campus and prob 10,000 in moblile homes tailgaiting.
The food is BY FAR the best in the country
Gumbo, Jambalya etc

As much as I love Dreamland Barbeque and the tailgating in Tuscaloosa, LSU has us beat on the food side of things.

Gumbo, jambalaya, and ANYTHING with andoulle sausage in it. Ok, now my mouth is watering. I haven't been to Louisianna in too long.

I do want to go to a game in BAMA and the Swamp.
I'd have to wear neutral colors though, not into getting my ass kicked by college age kids.

I do want to go to a game in BAMA and the Swamp.
I'd have to wear neutral colors though, not into getting my ass kicked by college age kids.

Let me know when you will be in Tuscaloosa. I'll meet you there and we can hit The Strip for some cold beverages then give you a guided tour of the fun on campus. My sons and I can guarantee your safety. Unless we are playing LSU, we lose, and you talk shit. Then you are on your own. :cool:

Its not that he is less fortunate. Its that he is a total jerk and a troll. Anyone who threatens a 14 year old kid online needs to be slapped. And the threats he made towards me were disgusting.

I meant that he/she is less fortunate in that you and I were raised better than that, or at least we have better sense than that. I'm totally aligned with the notion that he/she is an asshole to the extreme (and deserves a good backhand to the mouth), but I'm guessing that person does not have anything like the moments of inner peace and happiness that you and I and others enjoy. Trolling is close to all that he/she has, and I ain't talkin bout fishin neither.

BACK TO FOOTBALL (or were we talking about the South....?)

The tailgating in Tallahasse was quite a site to behold. Add to that the outlying neighborhoods surrounding Doke campbell stadium chock FULL of FSU fans, and you've got one hell of a huge party comprised of hundreds of other parties. I remember being in some of those houses and hearing the crowd from both the TV and from outside the houses nearly simultaneously. Hell, you could drive down the road in one of those neighborhoods, pick a house that had a ton of cars outside, walk up to the front door, and be welcomed in simply by saying something like "What's up! Can I throw down some $ on the keg?". I made a few friends that way (and got some strange, too!) }:-)

LSU even takes it to baseball, we had a few thousand in Omaha several times and the locals got used to Gumbo in the parking lot. They would bring plates to the announcers who would always praise the cajun food.

:hij:

There is no experience like a college football game. I have been to Texas, OU (of course), Tennessee and LSU. They're all awesome. The food at LSU is great if you like Cajun.......and I do. I have also been to some pro games at different places. College beats the pros all to pieces when it comes to atmosphere.

People with ulcers, vegetarians and folks with no taste buds?

That's about all I can figure. My wife doesn't particularly like all the cajun stuff that I do but she can find something to dine on while I'm enjoying the Jambalaya, Crawfish pie and fillet gumbo.......man I'm hungry.

That's about all I can figure. My wife doesn't particularly like all the cajun stuff that I do but she can find something to dine on while I'm enjoying the Jambalaya, Crawfish pie and fillet gumbo.......man I'm hungry.

I worked on a job in Eunice LA for about a year. We would take a weekly run down to Lafayette and go to Lafitte's. The drive back was always a struggle because we were so stuffed. Incredible etoufee'

Some of the best gumbo I've ever had was made with tofu, so the veg-heads have no excuse!

(and don't get all girly on me about "GUMBOS NEEDZ MEETZ")

Some of the best gumbo I've ever had was made with tofu, so the veg-heads have no excuse!

(and don't get all girly on me about "GUMBOS NEEDZ MEETZ")

I'm not gonna go girly on you.

Gumbo needs crawfish, shrimp, crab, andouille sausage, fish, and whatever roadkill the cook saw on the way home.

Sheeeeit. Neither of you have tried it, so don't knock it. Hell, I hated the idea of sushi/sachimi until I tried it. Now my mouth waters at the mention of it. Like now.

Sheeeeit. Neither of you have tried it, so don't knock it. Hell, I hated the idea of sushi/sachimi until I tried it. Now my mouth waters at the mention of it. Like now.

Maybe not tofu Gumbo but I have tried tofu......icck. So I cannot imagine enough Cayan pepper to take care of the texture of the stuff.....and yes it is a texture thing moreso than a taste thing for me with tofu. I'll stick with Sol on this one.

Tofu has as many different textures as its preparer is able to make. I went veggie for three years, got sick of it (and by it...didn't take the right supplements), but took from it a love of many things tofu. I can sear strips of it, fry wedges of it, sautee cubes of it, etc. Tofu takes on whatever flavor you add to it, so it's excellent in spicier foods.

I understand y'alls trepidations though. I've had bad tofu experiences as well. Just thought I'd give you a bit of a ribbing! (-:

Back