Fascinating Study on Cultural Differences Between Northerners and Southerners

Tektite, ever made it taste like bacon? I think I could eat a cow turd cut in strips if it tasted like bacon. ;)

Tofu has as many different textures as its preparer is able to make. I went veggie for three years, got sick of it (and by it...didn't take the right supplements), but took from it a love of many things tofu. I can sear strips of it, fry wedges of it, sautee cubes of it, etc. Tofu takes on whatever flavor you add to it, so it's excellent in spicier foods.

I understand y'alls trepidations though. I've had bad tofu experiences as well. Just thought I'd give you a bit of a ribbing! (-:

Ribbing? I'd rather you give me a rib than tofu.

The only time I have had it it tasted like bland jello with a semisoft texture.

Well, there is a 'facon' product out there that is good....but only in its own way. Facon =/= bacon.

Bacos taste more like bacon than 'facon' and are equally vegetarian (check the label...for reels), but nothing can actually beat real bacon.

I tend to oven bake my baqcon on a drip-pan until is is so crisp that it breaks like glass....like RIGHT before it becomes charred carbon.....but that's just me.

I've been using 'eggbeaters' to make a kickass my-own-recipe omelet, but that's different; eggbeaters are made of 99% eggwhite and 1% onion powder/other spices/coloring. Eggbeaters are still partial eggs.

My recipe (if you like omelets but not cholesterol) is: Using canola spray instead of butter, throw some fresh baby spinach in a hot frying pan. Almost immediately pour however much eggbeaters over said spinach. Letting it cook a bit, put some garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and a teench of pepper on it. When it's ready to flip, spray it, flip it, hit the now-cooked side with said spices, and put some 2% shredded cheddar on it. when it's ready to be folded, fold it, flip it to make sure it's done, and then eat the fuck out of it.

Did I mention 'digression disorder'?

I've only lived away from Nawlin's for 2yrs in Houston and I wouldn't have thought it but the food was what I missed most. If I could have gotten a good shrimp po boy on real French bread, some gumbo and ettuffe I'da been good.

Northerners just get laid more.
Only in the winter and for two reasons. To help keep warm and cause there's nothing better to do when it's to cold to go outside.

Other than that, in my experience in living in the south for nearly 10 years.....those southern baptist beauties love to sin on saturday night.

Yeah, I am not sure I buy it as the cause for the civil war, but the info concerning the differences between the people who originally settled the north and south.

I think what you have to be careful about is that the cultural differences between north and south, though significant, are almost minor compared to what we share in common culturally.

North and South are still predominantly white western European. Protestant Christians of mainly Anglican and Calvinist influences. We speak the same language. Have the same civil administration. Our educational systems are virtually the same. Our systems of trade and business are the same, etc, etc.

The main cultural differences between North and South are really the legacies of slavery and over the last 140 years since slavery ended, that influence has become less and less of a cultural difference.

I think what you have to be careful about is that the cultural differences between north and south, though significant, are almost minor compared to what we share in common culturally.

North and South are still predominantly white western European. Protestant Christians of mainly Anglican and Calvinist influences. We speak the same language. Have the same civil administration. Our educational systems are virtually the same. Our systems of trade and business are the same, etc, etc.

The main cultural differences between North and South are really the legacies of slavery and over the last 140 years since slavery ended, that influence has become less and less of a cultural difference.

Never under estimate the amount of friction that minor differences can cause. Rivalries and feuds between similar peoples are pretty common.

But mostly I agree with what you said.

Back