Father of Newtown Victim Heckled

This is just plain not true. The roots of this nonsense can be traced back to Breitbart's shithole, but it's just not true that the school has armed guards.

Incorrect, Sidwell Friends has a security staff of 11, many of which are also police officers. They are armed.

I don't even know why that is important, but for some reason it is. There is a reason that armed guards are effective for Obama's kids, regardless of the reason they exist, and would be as well for ours.

Incorrect, Sidwell Friends has a security staff of 11, many of which are also police officers. They are armed.

I don't even know why that is important, but for some reason it is. There is a reason that armed guards are effective for Obama's kids, regardless of the reason they exist, and would be as well for ours.

They are not armed. I don't know why it's important for people like you to claim they are armned, but for some reason there is.

They do have 11 security staff, but it has been reported many times since the initial NRA claim on it that they absolutely do not carry guns.

And again, even if the only reason that there are armed guards there is because of the President's kids (again I am seeking a credible source on your claim but finding "americablog"), if "no gun zone" signs worked there would be no need for them. There is a reason that we protect "important" targets with armed guards, the focus should be on whether or not we consider our kids to be important, not on the "why" those "important" kids and your money get guards while your kids don't.

And again, even if the only reason that there are armed guards there is because of the President's kids (again I am seeking a credible source on your claim but finding "americablog"), if "no gun zone" signs worked there would be no need for them. There is a reason that we protect "important" targets with armed guards, the focus should be on whether or not we consider our kids to be important, not on the "why" those "important" kids and your money get guards while your kids don't.

Again - there aren't armed guards there.

To your other point - you're creating a false comparison by trying to make this a "his kids are important/ours are not" thing. The President's kids are targets simply because of who they are - it doesn't mean they are "more important."

If you can't see WHY they are targets, as opposed to any other children, I'm not sure there is much I can do for you.

I'm not sure what I like best about this post, the back-tracking bullshit or how you diss Americablog as a source but subscribe whole-heartedly to the batshit lunacy of Breitbart.com (that's where the 'armed guards" claim originated).

No, there are no armed guards at Sidwell Friends. Before we move on, let's just agree to that fact.

Again - there aren't armed guards there.
Please re-read the post you quoted for this, because you repeat unnecessarily. I'll highlight the important bits for you: Even if the only reason that there are armed guards there is because the President's kids are there, it doesn't change that the reason we guard them is because it is more effective than "no gun zone" signs.

Please re-read the post you quoted for this, because you repeat unnecessarily. I'll highlight the important bits for you: Even if the only reason that there are armed guards there is because the President's kids are there, it doesn't change that the reason we guard them is because it is more effective than "no gun zone" signs.

Short Damo: Let's not focus on my lies and instead focus on my pedantic argument that loses all it's force when my lies are removed from the equation.

According to the assistant head of Sidwell, none of the 11 carry weapons. I probably would have asked if the school had a weapons cache as a follow up question if I were the reporter on this, but at least we have his word they do not carry.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...5b2127a-6032-11e2-9940-6fc488f3fecd_blog.html

And Ellis Turner, associate head of Sidwell Friends, told us emphatically: “Sidwell Friends security officers do not carry guns.” (Note: this includes those listed as special police officers.)

Short Damo: Let's not focus on my lies and instead focus on my pedantic argument that loses all it's force when my lies are removed from the equation.
Dung, is this your best?

The point was: The President's kids are protected by guards because it is effective, no gun zone signs have proven to be not only ineffective but to actually make our kids targets when they otherwise would not be. Therefore, we need to, like the President and his family, harden the target to make it less likely they'll select our children's schools as slaughterhouses.

Dung, is this your best?

The point was: The President's kids are protected by guards because it is effective, no gun zone signs have proven to be not only ineffective but to actually make our kids targets when they otherwise would not be. Therefore, we need to, like the President and his family, harden the target to make it less likely they'll select our children's schools as slaughterhouses.

Now that the goalposts have moved in a significant way, I don't think you'll get much opposition for non-armed security guards at most schools.

They are not armed. I don't know why it's important for people like you to claim they are armned, but for some reason there is.

So lets say for the sake of argument. Sidwell has a security staff over and above the Secret Service. David Gregory sends his kids there. Is he a hypocrite?

Back