Fifty Years Ago Today....

Apparently you believe that only the Federal bureaucracy can ensure we have clean water. I am asking you why you think the States are incapable of handling that.

I've already told you, moron. Waterways touch more than one state. I gave you the example of the Mississippi River. Did you even bother to read that and respond with some sort of logical rebuttal? No, you just launched into yet another ad hom attack.

I knew it was a mistake take off your gag. Time and again you demonstrate that you have one-level, simplistic thinking and are incapable of seeing anything other than your twisted ideology. Goodbye.

Nice story.

I personally believe we owe a debt of gratitude to the environmental activists of the early 1970s, and well as the Democrats and progressive Republicans in congress who set aside partisan differences to pass truly landmark legislation. Legislation that did not have an economic motive, a tax motive, a business and commerce motive, a political motive – but was the purest from of legislation for the public interest that is probably even possible in our representative democracy.

I have this prominently displayed in my office, and in my opinion, it is the most elegant and lucid expression of legislative intent I have ever seen.

Pure elegance.

I also believe that the prelude to the Endangered Species Act is arguably the purest expression of uncorrupted and noble legislative intent possible.

A real tear-jerker, considering this came from the U.S. Congress!

Thank you! I have to agree with you about that first quote. I am impressed with the fact that they could all come together and come up with that act. Sadly, times have changed.

Nice story.

I personally believe we owe a debt of gratitude to the environmental activists of the early 1970s, and well as the Democrats and progressive Republicans in congress who set aside partisan differences to pass truly landmark legislation. Legislation that did not have an economic motive, a tax motive, a business and commerce motive, a political motive – but was the purest from of legislation for the public interest that is probably even possible in our representative democracy.

I have this prominently displayed in my office, and in my opinion, it is the most elegant and lucid expression of legislative intent I have ever seen.

Pure elegance.

I also believe that the prelude to the Endangered Species Act is arguably the purest expression of uncorrupted and noble legislative intent possible.

A real tear-jerker, considering this came from the U.S. Congress!

I wonder if something like this would even make it out of committee today. :~(

I remember when I was very young (late 70's) when no one was allowed near the Androscoggin River because it was filled with the chemicals from the paper mills upstream. It was miserable! I remember the strange, brown foam that was always floating on it along with the dead fish. Things have always reached Maine later than in other states. Today, it's far cleaner and the birds and the fish are now back. I am so glad that the EPA exists, and that we wanted our lands and waters to be clean again.

Good news? The state of Maine has just banned single-use plastic bags. I have been using cloth bags for so long now, that I won't even notice any changes from it.
It's sad to see how much damage plastic products do to marine life. Living in Florida, I see a lot of news stories about turtles, ducks, manatees, etc. being harmed and suffering from plastic products.

I've already told you, moron. Waterways touch more than one state. I gave you the example of the Mississippi River. Did you even bother to read that and respond with some sort of logical rebuttal? No, you just launched into yet another ad hom attack.

Ad hom's like calling people morons? STFU you hack.

I've already told you it is a State issue, not a Federal one. The Constitution; Read it, Learn it and embrace it.

I knew it was a mistake take off your gag. Time and again you demonstrate that you have one-level, simplistic thinking and are incapable of seeing anything other than your twisted ideology. Goodbye.

I R O N Y!!!

No doubt he thought I was kidding. I wasn't.

Today, 06:57 PM
Truth Detector

Verified User
This message is hidden because Truth Detector is on your ignore list.

It's sad to see how much damage plastic products do to marine life. Living in Florida, I see a lot of news stories about turtles, ducks, manatees, etc. being harmed and suffering from plastic products.

Oh, I bet. Over on the other coast there have been news stories about dead whales and other marine animals found with bellies full of plastic. It's horrible.

My youngest got just back Saturday from their week in Daytona Beach. They had a good time, although one day it rained most of the day so they took the kids to an arcade. And she posted this! A mama sea turtle crept out of the sea overnight and laid her eggs right behind their condo. The Turtle Patrol marked the nest and will protect it.

42BpmjO.jpg

Oh, I bet. Over on the other coast there have been news stories about dead whales and other marine animals found with bellies full of plastic. It's horrible.

My youngest got just back Saturday from their week in Daytona Beach. They had a good time, although one day it rained most of the day so they took the kids to an arcade. And she posted this! A mama sea turtle crept out of the sea overnight and laid her eggs right behind their condo. The Turtle Patrol marked the nest and will protect it.
Yes, the stories are really sad.

Sea turtles are taken care of here, for the most part. Except for sickos like this:

https://fox13now.com/2019/06/16/a-w...a-for-allegedly-stomping-on-sea-turtle-nests/

Absolutely! It's heartbreaking to see. I am glad that steps are now being taken to reduce the waste.

I wonder if something like this would even make it out of committee today. :~(

I do not think the current Republican Party would vote for the Endangered Species Act.

They think Climate Change is a Chinese hoax. What are the odds they have any genuine interest in the environment or conservation?

At least a dozen other fires, sparked by pollution in the water, broke out on the river in the late 1800s and 1900s.

Who is against clean water? Anyone? Why can't States deal with this? It's not a Federal matter.

Owl already pointed out that water resources cross state lines.

Additionally, the States still do 90 percent of all environmental regulation. That has not changed.

Moreover, there needs to be a single, baseline national standard to prevent a race to the bottom. States are free to adopt their own standards as performance objectives as long as they are not less stringent that the federal standard.

No doubt he thought I was kidding. I wasn't.

Today, 06:57 PM
Truth Detector

Verified User
This message is hidden because Truth Detector is on your ignore list.
Truth Deflector has been on my ignore list for quite some time now. The bits that others quote from him make it clear that that's just where he belongs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back