Firing into Civilians - Israel isn't going after Hamas

Absolute balderdash. The one state solution was first proposed way back in the 1920s, after the Palestine Riots of 1920, by the British Mandatory authorities. Quoting from the Wikipedia articled linked to above:

Disagreements over Jewish immigration as well as incitement by Haj Amin Al-Husseini led to an outbreak of Arab-Jewish violence in the Palestine Riots of 1920. Violence erupted again the following year during the Jaffa Riots. In response to these riots, Britain established the Haycraft Commission of Inquiry. The British Mandatory authorities put forward proposals for setting up an elected legislative council in Palestine. In 1924 the issue was raised at a conference held by Ahdut Ha'avodah at Ein Harod. Shlomo Kaplansky, a veteran leader of Poalei Zion, argued that a Parliament, even with an Arab majority, was the way forward. David Ben-Gurion, the emerging leader of the Yishuv, succeeded in getting Kaplansky's ideas rejected.[24] Violence erupted again in the form of the 1929 Palestine riots. After the violence, the British led another commission of inquiry under Sir Walter Shaw. The report of the Shaw Commission, known as the Shaw Report or Command Paper No 3530, attributed the violence to "the twofold fear of the Arabs that, by Jewish immigration and land purchase, they might be deprived of their livelihood and, in time, pass under the political domination of the Jews".[25]

In hindsight, it's quite clear that the Arabs in the region had very good reason to fear that they would be deprived of their livelihoods and that they would "pass under the political domination of the Jews".

Do you have evidence for that assertion? I decided to look online to see what I could find on Hamas. I found the following article from 2021 that I found interesting:

Does Hamas truly want to eradicate Israel? (No) | mondoweiss.net

Quoting from the article:

Mainstream U.S. media reports on the crisis take it as an established fact that Hamas wants to eradicate Israel. Here, the other day, is New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman. He called Hamas

an Islamo-fascist organization. . . that is dedicated to destroying the Jewish state and imposing a Teheran-like Islamic regime in Palestine. . .

Let’s set aside the hysteria, and turn to a genuine scholar, Jerome Slater, who taught about Israel/Palestine for 50 years and who recently published the work of a lifetime: “Mythologies without End: The US, Israel, and the Arab-Israeli Conflict 1917-2020.”

Slater looked calmly at the facts, and this is what he found. He recognizes that Hamas’s original 1988 Charter was in fact “openly anti-Semitic and called for the violent destruction of Israel,” but he says the record shows that “as early as 2009,” the organization “began moving away” from it. Hamas leaders continued to moderate their rhetoric, and then in May 2017 the organization issued a new charter:

There were still ambiguities and apparent inconsistencies, but there was a clear change: the new charter downplayed the religious fundamentalism of the original one, dropped the anti-Semitic language, and stated that the Islamist movement was not at war with the Jewish people but only with “Zionism” and the Israeli occupation of Palestine.

Finding the article interesting, I decided to look into the site itself. From their about page:

Founded in 2006 as a personal blog of journalist Philip Weiss, Mondoweiss grew inside the progressive Jewish community and has become a critical resource for the movement for justice for Palestinians. We continue to follow debates over the role of Israel and nationalism in Jewish American life while seeking to reflect a diverse community of views on issues of international importance. We recognize that Jewish voices are often prioritized in discussions of Israel and seek to challenge that dynamic by bringing a universalist focus to an issue that is commonly dominated by narrow points of view.

Source:
https://mondoweiss.net/about-mondoweiss/

There's too much evidence

"The establishment of “Israel” is entirely illegal and contravenes the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people and goes against their will and the will of the Ummah; it is also in violation of human rights that are guaranteed by international conventions, foremost among them is the right to self-determination."

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/hamas-2017-document-full

No, that was never the intent of the one state solution. The intent was always to provide a peaceful resolution to this conflict that's lasted around a century now. I get into more details in my previous post to Yakuda, here:

Firing into Civilians - Israel isn't going after Hamas, Post #319 | justplainpolitics.com

The "one state solution" is in reality the final solution.

When the Ottomans were defeated in WWI - the British devised a plan to break up the Caliphate. Of the region called Palestine, Syria was split out into roughly the ancestorial Assyrian borders. For the rest, the Christians were granted the coastal lands and the Christian city of Beirut in Lebanon. The Arabs were given the lands east of the Jordan in what is now Jordan. The Jews were given Israel. In 1948 when this plan was finally put into action, the Arabs immediately attacked the Jews, trying to exterminate them. The Arabs lost.

Lebanon did something VERY foolish, they tried to make peace with the Muslims and created a coalition government. The result was never ending bloodshed with the Muslims overthrowing the Christians. Muslims view any and all lands that were ever conquered by Islam to be Muslim and will never stop fighting to return those lands to Muslim rule. The treaty for Christian Beirut goes back to Saladine, who declared it a protected, Christian city. But the Muslims, Hezbollah, never cared. It was conquered for their god Muhammad and his little djin Allah.

If Israel were ever stupid enough to form a coalition with the Muslims, they would face the same fate as Lebanon.

I get it though, Muslims only control 99% of the land in the Middle East. The Greedy Jews refuse to give them the other 1%. No fair.

Back