Floridians are pissed!

I talked to to my family in Florida, some of whom still remain without power. They seem fine with the situation. They like the law which you deceptively refer to ... and they realize that during the aftermath of acts of nature like a hurricane sometimes you have to spend several days without utilities. They choose to live there knowing the risks of the oft occuring acts of nature. Kind of like me choosing to live in tornado alley.

I am glad everyone is fine. I understand some people do like the law. My point is that it results in less freedom. More government restrictions.

They bury cable under the ocean, it can be done, there are always safety risk associated with electricity, but it can be done safely.

The cost in hurricane prone areas is recovered quickly.

https://www.fema.gov/case-study/overhead-underground-it-pays-bury-power-lines

Electric transmission cables under sea are usually DC not AC. That requires specialized and very expensive equipment at the receiving end to switch back to AC. You cannot run your local grid on DC. Thomas Edison proved that over a century ago, not for want of trying. Undersea cables are also grossly expensive to make.

They bury cable under the ocean, it can be done, there are always safety risk associated with electricity, but it can be done safely.

The cost in hurricane prone areas is recovered quickly.

https://www.fema.gov/case-study/overhead-underground-it-pays-bury-power-lines

Burying 420KV lines underground is the ultimate absurdity.

Though it would save us EE’s from having to compute the power line sag between transmission towers...calculus is tedious.

You are clueless.

Last edited:
I talked to to my family in Florida, some of whom still remain without power. They seem fine with the situation. They like the law which you deceptively refer to ... and they realize that during the aftermath of acts of nature like a hurricane sometimes you have to spend several days without utilities. They choose to live there knowing the risks of the oft occuring acts of nature. Kind of like me choosing to live in tornado alley.

So our tax dollars keep going to you losers who won’t prepare like adults because you deny global warming is real?

Fuck you

Act like adults and prepare for the REAL future

Stop lying about reality and making us drop billions on your dumb asses

Oh fuck off idiot

Build it correctly when you rebuild the infrastructure

Burying local utility lines (eg., < 600 VAC) is a slow process that would take as much as years for a typical older neighborhood. That isn't a practical solution to downed power lines were overhead ones are being used currently. To switch such a neighborhood, you'd have to install the new power lines generally using a horizontal boring machine

pl15986325-hydraulic_horizontal_directional_underground_boring_machine_cable_laying_dl450c.jpg

Then install concrete pads and your transformers and building street utility hook up boxes.

After you have everything installed to provide buildings power, you then have to convert all existing overhead drops to underground ones running from those hook up boxes to the buildings. This part alone would run about $5000 per home in a neighborhood.

Global warming is REAL

It's Gorebal Warming, and I don't impugn others for their religious choices.

You republicans need to stop lying about science

You Leftists need to actually learn something about science. Maybe you could start with something simple:

Junior-Science-Book.jpg

And it should be done when Florida rebuilds so we as a nation don’t have to keep sending billions to Florida every couple of years because you assholes deny science

Global warming is REAL

It’s going to get WORSE in Florida not better

Sea level rise and storms your idiot leaders keep denying are coming

You're right I'm not but I know a dumbass turd when I encounter one. That's you BTW ... since you're a dumbass turd.

Sticks and stones, paDesantis Calls Trump 'A Moron Who Has No Business Running For President,' Former Staffers Say: Report
Melanie Schaffer - Tuesday
464 Comments
|

The off-camera insult-flinging between Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and former President Donald Trump is intensifying as the two prepare to potentially square off against each other to secure the Republican presidential nomination.

l, sticks and stones

Back