Food Riots

Or 3, bring back the small family farm.

That will happen to some extent as fuel/transportation costs rise. More regional daries, bakeries, manufacturing, etc as well

Of course many of the family farms are gone to development and will not be back.
And cutting down the forests for farmland is not a viable option for several reasons. the main one being that where we have forests..well most of it would not make farmland anyway. We cut off all the farmland area forests a hundred or so years ago.

It beats the he** out buying fuel from the ME.

But it creates an even worse situation! Now not only are we still dependent on Foreign Oil, we are developing a fuel that puts incredible stress on our food supply? What is wrong with LNG? It's a hell of a lot more feasable.

LNG is also just a partial temporary soloution.

This is a mess we imported more foodstuffs lin 2006 than we exported. Well before the govt massaged the data and we exported just a bit more with the revised data. this is the worst in our countrys entire history I think.

Last year we exported lots of food stuffs but only becuase it was cheopa for the rest of the world becuase of the bombing dollar.

This year the whole world is paying for it.

LNG is also just a partial temporary soloution.

This is a mess we imported more foodstuffs lin 2006 than we exported. Well before the govt massaged the data and we exported just a bit more with the revised data. this is the worst in our countrys entire history I think.

Last year we exported lots of food stuffs but only becuase it was cheopa for the rest of the world becuase of the bombing dollar.

This year the whole world is paying for it.

It is temporary, I agree, however it lessens the need for foreign oil. It is something that is currently being used, widely, throughtout the world. Its tested and proven to be a good competitor with Oil. It just isn't talked about much and everyone wants the great new thing. We should put some investment in to a proven market while we let the unprovens make a case. Ethanol isn't proving itself to be very valuable for our stability. We are tyring to reduce dependence by putting pressure on a much more valuable resource for our survival. I just think that's too risky, and has much greater impact in the negative than it does the positive.

Back