For Lorax and Cypress

It reflects that smart people understand that man made global warming is a lie. Many scientists believe this, it's part of their findings.

So it's about attitude and not an examination of the science itself. That's what I thought it was. As I said earlier, it would be interesting to see the research replicated outside the US. I would think that the findings may be very different.

So it's about attitude and not an examination of the science itself. That's what I thought it was. As I said earlier, it would be interesting to see the research replicated outside the US. I would think that the findings may be very different.

It's about how being informed makes you not believe lies created by the political class to justify their assertion of control over all resources.

The authors anti-science implication is quite chilling though. The idea that the opinion of the well informed should be rejected because it represents "scientific hubris" is quite chilling. This person is a dangerous radical. A global warming centered worldview really is an irrational belief system.

stirfry, why the fuck do you make me waste my time on this? I kicked your ass all over fp.com, when you tried mulitple times to post scientific information that allgedly "debunked" global warming, and within ten seconds on google I was able to demonstrate that the scientists you were citing, actually agreed that human emissions were contributing to global warming.

With this article, you've abandoned any pretense of trying to debunk the the scientific theory, which is now settled fact as far as science is concerned, and your citing some sociological study on people's perception to the media and propaganda wars. Its very telling that it is you, Asshat, and Battleborne that continue to cheerlead for the Flat Earth Society.

From your article

more informed respondents both feel less personally responsible for global warming, and also show less concern for global warming..... (this) is consistent with the notion that people trust that scientists will be able, somehow, to devise technical solutions to any problems that arise because of global warming and climate change.

Oops. The researchers you cite don't claim AGW isn't happening, or that its been debunked. They conclude that informed people aren't freaking out about it because they have confidence that science and policy makers will engineer a viable solution.

It should be noted that the information effects reported in this article are limited to self-reported information. Objective measures of informedness about global warming and climate change might produce different effects. And indeed there is some scholarly evidence to suggest that this might be the case. Durant and Legge(47) found that self-reported informedness and objective measures of informedness were almost entirely uncorrelated, and that their effects worked in opposite directions.

Translation: The level of "informedness" on the topic was limited to self-reporting, and not objective measures of information. Meaning, that those who read Wall Street Journal editorials and Fox News editorials on global warming may consider themselves "informed" on the matter. But the level of their informedness can be inversely correlated (aka, WRONG) to the actual truth which is based on empirical, objective obeservation and information.

despite the overwhelming scientific consensus that global warming and climate change are real phenomena that create risks for the earth's future, among the mass public, the more confidence an individual has in scientists, the less responsible he or she tends to feel for global warming, and the less concerned he or she is about the problem. Perhaps this simply reflects an abundance of confidence that scientists can engineer a set of solutions to mitigate any harmful effects of global warming.

Once again, there's nothing in your article that suggests that AGW has been debunked, or that the general public have dismissed it out of hand. Your article says that many people have a high level of confidence that we can engineer our way out of the problem, and those people aren't freaking out like frightened little girls. Makes sense to me.

Please. Stop bothering me and wasting my time on your trollish (and admittedly hilarious!) attempts to debunk global warming.

So informed people are not freaking out and trying to scare the rest of the world into submission. thanks for clarifying that you are not among the informed cypress, considering you are one of the alarmists.

LOL

stirfry, why the fuck do you make me waste my time on this? I kicked your ass all over fp.com, when you tried mulitple times to post scientific information that allgedly "debunked" global warming, and within ten seconds on google I was able to demonstrate that the scientists you were citing, actually agreed that human emissions were contributing to global warming.

With this article, you've abandoned any pretense of trying to debunk the the scientific theory, which is now settled fact as far as science is concerned, and your citing some sociological study on people's perception to the media and propaganda wars. Its very telling that it is you, Asshat, and Battleborne that continue to cheerlead for the Flat Earth Society.

From your article

Oops. The researchers you cite don't claim AGW isn't happening, or that its been debunked. They conclude that informed people aren't freaking out about it because they have confidence that science and policy makers will engineer a viable solution.

Translation: The level of "informedness" on the topic was limited to self-reporting, and not objective measures of information. Meaning, that those who read Wall Street Journal editorials and Fox News editorials on global warming may consider themselves "informed" on the matter. But the level of their informedness can be inversely correlated (aka, WRONG) to the actual truth which is based on empirical, objective obeservation and information.

Once again, there's nothing in your article that suggests that AGW has been debunked, or that the general public have dismissed it out of hand. Your article says that many people have a high level of confidence that we can engineer our way out of the problem, and those people aren't freaking out like frightened little girls. Makes sense to me.

Please. Stop bothering me and wasting my time on your trollish (and admittedly hilarious!) attempts to debunk global warming.

Translation...

GUMBY say CO2!!! Consensus!!!

It's about how being informed makes you not believe lies created by the political class to justify their assertion of control over all resources.

No it's not but that's an interesting comment. This is why I'd like to see the study replicated outside the US where it's not an ideological issue so much as a practical issue. You can have whatever attitude you like but it won't affect the objective reality.

The authors anti-science implication is quite chilling though. The idea that the opinion of the well informed should be rejected because it represents "scientific hubris" is quite chilling. This person is a dangerous radical. A global warming centered worldview really is an irrational belief system.

I don't see that in the piece at all. They're focused on the subjects' attitudes while pointing to the objective reality. Actually I thought their language was restrained.

The science isn't there to support the manmade global warming hypothesis. That's what informed people know.

No, what comes out of this study is complacency among informed people. She'll be right, nothing to worry about, science will fix it, we don't need to do anything ourselves.

No, what comes out of this study is complacency among informed people. She'll be right, nothing to worry about, science will fix it, we don't need to do anything ourselves.

No. The statistics are the statistics. The exact chain of reasoning is speculative on the part of the author. And Im telling you informed people aren't as concerned because they know it's a statist lie, because that's why I, as an informed person, am not alarmed.

Last edited:
No. The statistics are the statistics. The exact chain of reasoning is speculative on the part of the author. And Im telling you informed people aren't as concerned because they know it's a statist lie, because that's why I, as an informed person, am not alarmed.

Those are some strange assumptions.

For someone to know that something's a lie, they have to actually understand the true situation. To be able to contest the lie they have to be able to present proof of the lie. Can informed persons who are not scientists do that? I don't mean their opinion, I mean the facts. You're the holder of an opinion, just like those informed folks in the survey. Opinion chiefy, not facts. To contest the facts then they and you will need to get into the science with the scientists.

It seems to me that this survey needs replication elsewhere. All we're discussing is the attitudes of informed Americans. I suspect in your country the issue is - as I've said before - now a question of ideology rather than science. If so that's a piss-poor way of handling it.

Those are some strange assumptions.

For someone to know that something's a lie, they have to actually understand the true situation. To be able to contest the lie they have to be able to present proof of the lie. Can informed persons who are not scientists do that? I don't mean their opinion, I mean the facts. You're the holder of an opinion, just like those informed folks in the survey. Opinion chiefy, not facts. To contest the facts then they and you will need to get into the science with the scientists.

It seems to me that this survey needs replication elsewhere. All we're discussing is the attitudes of informed Americans. I suspect in your country the issue is - as I've said before - now a question of ideology rather than science. If so that's a piss-poor way of handling it.

blah blah blah

There's nothing strange. the author has some data and is also trying to present ONE explanation of the data as the only legitimate interpretation. Informed people know global warming is a lie, it's not that they suffer from "scientific hubris". Your hypothesis justifies the marginalization of informed people and encourages the blind fascistic action of gaea-religion fanatics.

blah blah blah

There's nothing strange. the author has some data and is also trying to present ONE explanation of the data as the only legitimate interpretation. Informed people know global warming is a lie, it's not that they suffer from "scientific hubris". Your hypothesis justifies the marginalization of informed people and encourages the blind fascistic action of gaea-religion fanatics.

My hypothesis is that people who ordinarily would be concerned about global warming and who would be thinking and acting as engaged citizens in the policy discussions following the achievement of scientific consensus are not doing so.

My further hypothesis is that they have been lured into a false sense of security by the belief that science will solve everything.

Furthermore, just as they think can go shopping at the mall even though there's apparently a war on in Iraq and Afghanistan because the hired help is doing the fighting, so they think the hired help can fix global warming and they need to do nothing.

My further further hypothesis is that the ideologues in charge who will all be dead when global warming really fucks the plant up have fed Soma to the population of the US on this and many other issues.

This study reeks of perplexion. The authors are wondering just what the fuck is going on in people's minds. It needs to be replicated outside the US.

My hypothesis is that people who ordinarily would be concerned about global warming and who would be thinking and acting as engaged citizens in the policy discussions following the achievement of scientific consensus are not doing so.
That's not in the artice.

The truth is that informed people know manmade global warming is a lie.
My further hypothesis is that they have been lured into a false sense of security by the belief that science will solve everything.
Also wrong. The truth is that they know manmade global warming is a lie.
Furthermore, just as they think can go shopping at the mall even though there's apparently a war on in Iraq and Afghanistan because the hired help is doing the fighting, so they think the hired help can fix global warming and they need to do nothing.
BUt the truth is that they know manmade global warming is a lie.
My further further hypothesis is that the ideologues in charge who will all be dead when global warming really fucks the plant up have fed Soma to the population of the US on this and many other issues.
The ideologues in charge are actually on your SIDE and will use this lie to assert control over all earth's resources and all chemical processes any human is a party to.
This study reeks of perplexion. The authors are wondering just what the fuck is going on in people's minds. It needs to be replicated outside the US.
Right. And their speculation is wrong. It's not that informed people are suffering from scientific hubris, it's that they know manmade global warming is a lie.

Last edited:
Print the piece out. Read the fucking thing. Get your brain checked for comprehension problems. Then get back to me. :D

Whatever...........

Lmao if the average is 200 mayyyyyybe you're a 137.

I was honest and posted my IQ as tested...so post yours bimbo...and by the way it runs in my family...albeit I may be at the bottom rung and all...my bro WCGrouch was tested at 160...however I have more common sense then he...sorry scott...but your getting me into fights was a bummer!:cof1:

Last edited:
So what is...........

Print the piece out. Read the fucking thing. Get your brain checked for comprehension problems. Then get back to me. :D

the weather like 'down under' any major increases from the normal hot-hot-hot!
Put another shrimp on the barbee and chill bro!;)

Back