For those with deep belief in a creator, we have a soul that is unique to being human

I'm a fan of Eastern religions myself. It's both an area of interest and balances my experiences growing up of with Western religion.

I like commonality among religions; IMHO, the worn paths are the ones that lead to important things.

One commonality is "oneness", the idea that all things are connected even if the point of connection is subject to debate.
I like to learn about Eastern religion.

Bohr and Schroedinger were intrigued by Hinduism because of the oblique similarities of quantum theory to Vedic knowledge.

The connection between Vedic knowledge and quantum theory was that observable reality is an illusion, masking a deeper underlying truth.

I like to learn about Eastern religion.

Bohr and Schroedinger were intrigued by Hinduism because of the oblique similarities of quantum theory to Vedic knowledge.

The connection between Vedic knowledge and quantum theory was that observable reality is an illusion, masking a deeper underlying truth.

From a psychological POV, they are correct. What we see and what is reality may or may not be the same. It's perceptual. Ergo, "observable reality" may not really be reality.

Police know that 10 witnesses of a single event will produce 10 different stories. It's the consensus that is the closest to reality. The whole "is Pluto a planet?" thing is purely subjective and arbitrary based on human-selected criteria. Who's to say if a different Terran species of equal intelligence would rank them the same?

The Ptolemy vs. Copernicus perceptions (causing problems for Galileo) are another example. That's just the physical things in our Universe. I can't imagine what the problems in perception are on the Quantum level.

Back