For those with deep belief in a creator, we have a soul that is unique to being human

Yes, dumb people like you think all knowledge is reduced to common sense.

You couldn't hammer a nail home to save your life. Also you have been taught things that just aren't so.

You calling me dumb, when if not for katzgar you'd be the least intelligent on this board is a stretch. :rolleyes:

Here I was just thinking how far you are above that level of stupid and you go and insult me.

Silly puta. Flattery will get you nowhere!

Last edited:
I do not feel like science and religion are in competition, and neither did the premminent quantum physicist Niels Bohr, who was open to the possiblity that certain kinds of truth are possible through religious tradition and contemplation.

Agreed on competition. It's even more different than saying Astrophysics and biology are competing; two separate fields.

That said, at some level beyond human senses, maybe on the quantum level, the spiritual senses that give rise to religions meet with the natural laws of our Universe.

I agree with Bohr, and by extension Dirac, about a personal God.

Agreed on competition. It's even more different than saying Astrophysics and biology are competing; two separate fields.

That said, at some level beyond human senses, maybe on the quantum level, the spiritual senses that give rise to religions meet with the natural laws of our Universe.

Science has nothing to say about religion. Nor should it.

Bohr was an atheist.

Nice sentiment.

Bohr was arguably the second most important phycisist of the 20th century, and he became interested in Eastern religion and spirituality because of quantum theory. He is known to have been interested in Laozi, the Buddha, and the Upanishads.

"I go into the Upanishads to ask questions."--- Niels Bohr

Nice sentiment.

Bohr was arguably the second most important phycisist of the 20th century, and he became interested in Eastern religion and spirituality because of quantum theory. He is known to have been interested in Laozi, the Buddha, and the Upanishads.

Yet Bohr was an atheist. Do historical facts ever affect your mind?

Biden president,

You are leaping through about ten steps of logic.

Just because someone is an atheist or agnostic, does automatically mean they have to hate religion, demean it, and see no value in it.

That is your gig.

Not mine, or Niels Bohr.

Biden president,

You are leaping through about ten steps of logic.

Just because someone is an atheist or agnostic, does automatically mean they have to hate religion, demean it, and see no value in it.

That is your gig.

Not mine, or Niels Bohr.

At least I use logic. You use your dogmatic beliefs.

"Christianity is platonism for the masses."--Nietzsche.

The idea of an immortal soul is probably one of the most destructive ideas in history.

Last edited:
Nice sentiment.

I'm a fan of Eastern religions myself. It's both an area of interest and balances my experiences growing up of with Western religion.

I like commonality among religions; IMHO, the worn paths are the ones that lead to important things.

One commonality is "oneness", the idea that all things are connected even if the point of connection is subject to debate.

Back