Forty F'ing Niners!

40 years ago today, "The Catch". (Not even a competitive game? We'll revisit this post next Sunday.)

loved Tom Landry - buy that was a different era - Dallas took revenge in the 90's. the rivalry is in your head - Dallas has lots of teams fans that hate them - it isn't shared - sorry

My two favorite teams... The Steelers and whoever plays Dallas :)

(and whoever throttles Arron Rogers)

My two favorite teams... The Steelers and whoever plays Dallas :)

(and whoever throttles Arron Rogers)

you prepared to finish 4th for the next several years. Steelers are going to become the new Cleveland. shitty city nobody wants to live in -

you prepared to finish 4th for the next several years. Steelers are going to become the new Cleveland. shitty city nobody wants to live in -

I dunno, we'll see. I don't live there, just my favorite football, baseball and hockey teams do.

loved Tom Landry - buy that was a different era - Dallas took revenge in the 90's. the rivalry is in your head - Dallas has lots of teams fans that hate them - it isn't shared - sorry

No more passionate rivalry in America in the early to mid 90's than the Cowboys - 49ers. Since the last Cowboys SB they haven't even made it as far as the NFC Championship Game (and the 49ers had some definite stretches of futility in their as well) so the rivalry lost some of its luster. (There's a personal element too considering I married a girl from Dallas and she tried to devalue my real estate by putting Cowboys paraphernalia in it.)

I texted some Cowboys peeps I know but after all the initial back and forth bluster they acknowledged concern about this game.

No more passionate rivalry in America in the early to mid 90's than the Cowboys - 49ers. Since the last Cowboys SB they haven't even made it as far as the NFC Championship Game (and the 49ers had some definite stretches of futility in their as well) so the rivalry lost some of its luster. (There's a personal element too considering I married a girl from Dallas and she tried to devalue my real estate by putting Cowboys paraphernalia in it.)

I texted some Cowboys peeps I know but after all the initial back and forth bluster they acknowledged concern about this game.

it's the playoffs, every team has some strengths

still - Dallas got damn lucky with seeding - the only team less scary is the Eagles.

When I was a kid I had a classic football card for Hugh McElhenny, had no idea who he was, nor where the 49ers played, reason I remembered it was because where I grew up none of the big teams wore red. I also remember an interview with OJ Simpson where he talked about being a kid and sneaking into the stadium to see Hugh McElhenny play

When I was a kid I had a classic football card for Hugh McElhenny, had no idea who he was, nor where the 49ers played, reason I remembered it was because where I grew up none of the big teams wore red. I also remember an interview with OJ Simpson where he talked about being a kid and sneaking into the stadium to see Hugh McElhenny play

Well that is very cool! He was well before my time but you still hear his name referenced in 49ers lore. (Totally random but he went to Compton Junior College before going to the Univ of Washington. LA was a very different place back then.)

Well that is very cool! He was well before my time but you still hear his name referenced in 49ers lore. (Totally random but he went to Compton Junior College before going to the Univ of Washington. LA was a very different place back then.)

Nah, my mother threw away all the cards, probably like most mothers did, we all could have been millionaires now if it weren't for the mothers, other wise, I couldn't tell you anything more about Hugh McElhenny, except for that red uniform

it's the playoffs, every team has some strengths

still - Dallas got damn lucky with seeding - the only team less scary is the Eagles.

What’s up my man. Anything can obviously happen but all week I heard very few saying the Cowboys got lucky to draw the Niners. This wasn’t shocking.

What’s up my man. Anything can obviously happen but all week I heard very few saying the Cowboys got lucky to draw the Niners. This wasn’t shocking.

Congrats on the win! I was rooting for the Niners over the Cows. Besides, the Cows needed several slaps upside the head for all those unnecessary penalties they racked up.

Congrats on the win! I was rooting for the Niners over the Cows. Besides, the Cows needed several slaps upside the head for all those unnecessary penalties they racked up.

Thanks! Totally random but was talking with my good buddy last week who I grew up with. His brother, who I’m friends with, taught Najee Harris in high school out here in the East Bay. The two still keep in touch. Najee had a tough upbringing but by all accounts is a great kid.

I'll admit - they came out in the 1st quarter swinging and Dallas got into a hole they could not dig out of. they had all the momentum - so too bad the game could not of lasted longer.

kudos to Deebo though I really like his game

I'll admit - they came out in the 1st quarter swinging and Dallas got into a hole they could not dig out of. they had all the momentum - so too bad the game could not of lasted longer.

kudos to Deebo though I really like his game

I think Davante Adams in the best WR in the game but if you are talking overall WR and including the ability to run I'd take Debo. And man is he powerful.

Back