Free Kate!

No problem....the issue isn't that she broke a law..
.she did. The issue is labeling her a pedophile. She isn't. If it weren't for the gender issue....fucking wingnut here wouldn't give it a second.look.
Such horrific language from one who defends horrific crimes against the innocent.

She is a paedo.
Any 18 year old raping a child is a paedo.

Lie... even if it was a male female relationship, it would apply equally. Statutory rape between minors is NOT the same as pedophilia....your whole angst on this is STRICTLY because of the sexual orientation.

So when did you lose your virginity? I'll start...I was a late bloomer...I was 18 and she was in my graduating class. My wife lost hers at 14....so technically...she was taped even though it was consensual.
Nothing to do with sexual orientation.
She raped a child.
She is a paedophile.
Same rules for guys!
The law is the law!!
Accusing me of homophobia is completely wrong.

Simple. The parents waited until Kate turned 18 and was an adult, then pressed charges. Why didn't they do that before she turned 18? Were they supportive of the relatioinship then? Would they have pressed charges if their child was a male?
Who cares? She's a pedophile. Being gay doesn't change that.

The crime she is charged with is sexual battery on a minor.

This often happens when a boy turns 18 and he has been in a consensual relationship with a girl who is still under age. When the parents of the girl don't like the boy, they can ask the police to charge him with a sex crime, and they often do.

Is this an instance of "homophobia" that the parents of the younger girl asked the police to charge the older girl with a sex crime? Perhaps. Possibly. Probably.

But the defense in this instance should not be to "save Kate because we suspect a case of ill feelings towards gays," but that the law in such teenage consensual relationship cases, is too overbearing. Kate is being treated perfectly equal under the law, it appears.

This is vile. Sometimes it's hard to believe we're the legacy of enlightenment thinkers... I signed the petition, still annoyed that we're at a point where these things are still needed.

Are you annoyed at the perception that a lesbian is being unfairly singled out for prosecution, or annoyed at the fact that many high school sweethearts find themselves in Kate's situation, having their lives wrecked when one of them turns 18 and suddenly the relationship becomes illegal? I am annoyed at the latter.

This instance is sad, but it is not legally speaking unfair.

But the defense in this instance should not be to "save Kate because we suspect a case of ill feelings towards gays," but that the law in such teenage consensual relationship cases, is too overbearing. Kate is being treated perfectly equal under the law, it appears.

They expect special treatment because they are gay.

The crime she is charged with is sexual battery on a minor.

This often happens when a boy turns 18 and he has been in a consensual relationship with a girl who is still under age. When the parents of the girl don't like the boy, they can ask the police to charge him with a sex crime, and they often do.

Is this an instance of "homophobia" that the parents of the younger girl asked the police to charge the older girl with a sex crime? Perhaps. Possibly. Probably.

Yes, but it is a law of revenge and not justice in most cases. A lot of young men's lives have been needlessly ruined because of it. They are the ones most often affected. Maybe shining a light on this case will bring this to a forefront.

Aren't many laws enforced to seek revenge?
Vengeance is as much a part of our justice system as punishment and rehabilitation.

The legal system offers closure to victims.

From the mothers facebook page.
"They are teenagers in high school experimenting with their sexuality, all teens do it in one form or another. They are teens, its healthy and normal."

Is this what liberals and progressives teach their HS kids these days? To their 18 yr olds in reference to 14 yr olds?

Yeah, 3 years is a bit much at that time and can net you time in prison. How did they prove that these two had sex? One of them would have to testify.

Anyway, when I was 17 and had dated a 13/14 year old it is very likely her parents would have done the same...

"They are teenagers in high school experimenting with their sexuality, all teens do it in one form or another. They are teens, its healthy and normal."

Is this what liberals and progressives teach their HS kids these days? To their 18 yr olds in reference to 14 yr olds?
Yes.

I know. Damn those liberals!

They should all be locked up and jailed for teaching their teenagers to be sluts and fucking in high school!

No, I would just fault the mother even more than I do the 18 yr old.
The 18 year old broke the law.
Her parents and liberal public schooling instilled a sense of narcissism in her.

She thinks the law shouldn't apply to her because she believes the world revolves around her!!
Adults having sex with children is a criminal offense.
Those adults who do that are paedophiles.
Kate is a paedophile.

Yes, but it is a law of revenge and not justice in most cases. A lot of young men's lives have been needlessly ruined because of it. They are the ones most often affected. Maybe shining a light on this case will bring this to a forefront.

I agree.

I am offended, however, at the implication that this case deserves even greater outrage because the revenge being sought was against a homosexual 18 year old, and not a straight 18 year old, that there is a double injury because it was using the law or revenge and in service to "homophobia."

I am very much for full and equal rights under the law for gay people, and it harms that cause when want non-equal responses to equal injustices.

Back