Funny, all the Cons are gone!

Funny how when Democrats were down and out, there were still plenty of Democrats online standing up for what we belive in...

Now things are not looking so good for em... They are all gone.

WRL - Gone...
Dixie - Gone for a long time, not only making limited apperances.
Who else is gone?

Not many republicans left!

That's what happens to a site when you let the fringe dishonor our wounded troops.

Funny how when Democrats were down and out, there were still plenty of Democrats online standing up for what we belive in...

Now things are not looking so good for em... They are all gone.

WRL - Gone...
Dixie - Gone for a long time, not only making limited apperances.
Who else is gone?

Not many republicans left!

Let me give you a little insight on this, since you are obviously perplexed. I can't speak for all Republicans, or really ANY Republicans, because I am a Conservative, not a Republican, but I can speak for myself.

I left the board a while back, because I just got tired of coming here day after day to the same stupidity and personal attacks. It just didn't seem worth my time to come read the same ignorant juvenile rants and put-downs that were posted the day before. Pinheads stopped "debating" issues, and resorted to nothing more than name-calling and petty insults. How many times do I have to read "Bush Sux" before it just gets old, annoying and boring? How many times do I have to read the "War for Oil" conspiracy theories, or have some idiot accuse me of being a racist based on my avatar alone? I heard it all, thousands of times, day after endless day... same exact lines, same exact words, nothing changed.

In short, after a long period of not finding any substantive debate from the left, I just gave up hope and left. What's funny is, I come back a year later, and it's still the same thing! Same mindless rants, same petty insults, same personal attacks, same lack of any substantive debate on the issues from the left. It's as if the only thing liberals are capable of here, is insulting people and attacking them personally. I look at the board, and I see Libertarians at least trying to discuss the issues, or trying to convey an idea they believe in, and I see Moderates arguing their points and defending their moderate positions, and a few Conservatives making brilliant points and enduring the predictable barrage of slanderous and vicious liberal attacks on them personally. From the Liberals, it's just a never-ending parade of Bash and Trash, and this cocky arrogant attitude of confidence that you represent a majority of America. Not one single thread from a Liberal, honestly trying to discuss an issue or debate a legitimate point.

The Liberal message board tactics have become so familiar, we could write a manual. There is the tactic of derailment, when you find a topic you can't provide an intelligent response to, it is important to derail the conversation, make the thread about something else, so no one will notice your lack of substance. There is the tactic of finger pointing, whenever the issue is something you can manage to relate to some past event in history, whether it is relevant or not, it is important to try and make this fly for the sake of liberal intellectualism. There is the constant tactic of reality denial, where libs will essentially suspend reality to make a point seem valid. But the favorite tactic of libs is the character assassination tactic, where they simply hurl a barrage of insults, put-downs, and derogatory names, at whoever they are responding to, in hopes that some of it will stick. They make sure to tie it all to Bush and the Neocons, and throw in the charge of racism for good measure.

I know that you liberals have all worked very hard developing these strategies, and by the fact you are still here posting the same exact things over and over, day after day, it shows you are dedicated and basically have no life. But from a reader's perspective, it just gets really stale and old after a while, and it does nothing for your cause. There is no entertainment value in a bad movie you've seen a dozen times, it's just boring and annoying. The Internet is full of many fun and exciting things to do, so over time, you have effectively eroded the base of conservative posters here. It's not that you've 'run them off' with your brilliant and valid points they couldn't refute, or challenged their well made points, you essentially bored them to death and annoyed the piss out of them to the point they found better things to do. Congrats!

That's what happens to a site when you let the fringe dishonor our wounded troops.

LMAO!!!

Are you STILL going on about that?

Darla posted a single picture in response to someone asking to be convinced not to enlist.

She did not make a single remark about the war, about politicians, about conservatives, about liberals, about wars, about anything at all.

And you are STILL bent out of shape about it?

She was not disrespectful at all. Now, the politicians that use those pics for personal gain are being disrespectful. But she wasn't

Let me give you a little insight on this, since you are obviously perplexed. I can't speak for all Republicans, or really ANY Republicans, because I am a Conservative, not a Republican, but I can speak for myself.

I left the board a while back, because I just got tired of coming here day after day to the same stupidity and personal attacks. It just didn't seem worth my time to come read the same ignorant juvenile rants and put-downs that were posted the day before. Pinheads stopped "debating" issues, and resorted to nothing more than name-calling and petty insults. How many times do I have to read "Bush Sux" before it just gets old, annoying and boring? How many times do I have to read the "War for Oil" conspiracy theories, or have some idiot accuse me of being a racist based on my avatar alone? I heard it all, thousands of times, day after endless day... same exact lines, same exact words, nothing changed.

In short, after a long period of not finding any substantive debate from the left, I just gave up hope and left. What's funny is, I come back a year later, and it's still the same thing! Same mindless rants, same petty insults, same personal attacks, same lack of any substantive debate on the issues from the left. It's as if the only thing liberals are capable of here, is insulting people and attacking them personally. I look at the board, and I see Libertarians at least trying to discuss the issues, or trying to convey an idea they believe in, and I see Moderates arguing their points and defending their moderate positions, and a few Conservatives making brilliant points and enduring the predictable barrage of slanderous and vicious liberal attacks on them personally. From the Liberals, it's just a never-ending parade of Bash and Trash, and this cocky arrogant attitude of confidence that you represent a majority of America. Not one single thread from a Liberal, honestly trying to discuss an issue or debate a legitimate point.

The Liberal message board tactics have become so familiar, we could write a manual. There is the tactic of derailment, when you find a topic you can't provide an intelligent response to, it is important to derail the conversation, make the thread about something else, so no one will notice your lack of substance. There is the tactic of finger pointing, whenever the issue is something you can manage to relate to some past event in history, whether it is relevant or not, it is important to try and make this fly for the sake of liberal intellectualism. There is the constant tactic of reality denial, where libs will essentially suspend reality to make a point seem valid. But the favorite tactic of libs is the character assassination tactic, where they simply hurl a barrage of insults, put-downs, and derogatory names, at whoever they are responding to, in hopes that some of it will stick. They make sure to tie it all to Bush and the Neocons, and throw in the charge of racism for good measure.

I know that you liberals have all worked very hard developing these strategies, and by the fact you are still here posting the same exact things over and over, day after day, it shows you are dedicated and basically have no life. But from a reader's perspective, it just gets really stale and old after a while, and it does nothing for your cause. There is no entertainment value in a bad movie you've seen a dozen times, it's just boring and annoying. The Internet is full of many fun and exciting things to do, so over time, you have effectively eroded the base of conservative posters here. It's not that you've 'run them off' with your brilliant and valid points they couldn't refute, or challenged their well made points, you essentially bored them to death and annoyed the piss out of them to the point they found better things to do. Congrats!

Hey Dixie, you and I have had several debates. You have spent much more time calling me names than I have spent calling you names.

I have also presented facts and serious opinions in our debates, and yet you TRY and dismiss them as worthless. Perhaps if you would see that other people's opinions are not worthless simply because they do not agree with yours, you would have a better time.

Dixie, I'm resisting the urge to tell you to go f**k yourself to point out that - while there are many responses toward you meant simply to insult, which I support wholeheartedly - there are just as many that are "substantive" and have "legitimate points." If I may post an observation on that, and this might be something you have noticed, you tend to respond to the insult posts about 90% of the time, usually with some variation of what you wrote above, and completely ignore the substantive posts.

Especially now, when you really don't have a leg to stand on factually, and you're left with BS like "Bush almost won California" and "the troops & Iraqi's want us to stay to complete the mission...it's only you liberals who want us out!" You simply ignore facts that are presented which run counter to your weird, wild view of the world.

I have to agree, which is not something we do all the time. I like to read here, but seldom participate with anyone other than BAC and Damocles. Damo, well we are usually within parameters of agreement; BAC because while I don't know that we agree on much, he at least can discuss issues without just slamming 'conservatives.' I respect that.

Umm I think that was the point of the thread dudes?

The people who told us those things and insisted Bush and team were beyond reproach are all gone because they cant face the history of what they said to us , claimed and supported anymore. They have been totally humiliated by the facts. We we right and they were wrong.

You know what I've noticed? Not only have some of the most extreme bush worshipping cons gone underground. but even those who were, as recently at a year or two ago, making apologies or trying to defend the iraq war, domestic spying, Bushonomics, Bush foreign policy, etc., have pretty much been shamed into not even trying to defend it.

LMAO!!!

Are you STILL going on about that?

Darla posted a single picture in response to someone asking to be convinced not to enlist.

She did not make a single remark about the war, about politicians, about conservatives, about liberals, about wars, about anything at all.

And you are STILL bent out of shape about it?

She was not disrespectful at all. Now, the politicians that use those pics for personal gain are being disrespectful. But she wasn't

that's complete utter,and total, bullshit, darla did the most dishonorable thing one can do.

The man was clearly standing on his own two feet at the time, and I'm sick and tired of the liberal left thinking they can prey on our wounded and dead service members privacy by exploiting, without their consent, our wounded and dead. As I said in the thread, I would have no problem had dalra used an Iraq war vet against the war, to make her point, but to invade a wounded vets privacy, and post his picture around to attack the very Military, he gave all for. That's just the lowest and most despicable thing one could do. It's the type of thing the dishonorable left has been doing this whole time, here is a clip from Michael Moore's, fahrenheit 9/11 where he uses wounded soldiers without their consent, see how it effects these brave men, See where Moore uses unauthorized footage of another soldiers funeral, and see how that unauthorized use of their family morning, that exploitation of the most private moment, for political propaganda.

At some point we have to stand up to these dispicable, dishonorable, low class, cowards, and protect the privacy of our Troops.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bon5Z7W9vZc"]YouTube - FahrenHYPE 9/11 -Part 7/8[/ame]

You know what I've noticed? Not only have some of the most extreme bush worshipping cons gone underground. but even those who were, as recently at a year or two ago, making apologies or trying to defend the iraq war, domestic spying, Bushonomics, Bush foreign policy, etc., have pretty much been shamed into not even trying to defend it.

Actually, Iraq is going pretty well, but what's the point of debating when there is no response other than name calling? In general you've created an echo chamber, but seems to make you all happy. I find many of the posts here to be reflective of the more intelligent side of the left, but debate, no.

that's complete utter,and total, bullshit, darla did the most dishonorable thing one can do.

The man was clearly standing on his own two feet at the time, and I'm sick and tired of the liberal left thinking they can prey on our wounded and dead service members privacy by exploiting, without their consent, our wounded and dead. As I said in the thread, I would have no problem had dalra used an Iraq war vet against the war, to make her point, but to invade a wounded vets privacy, and post his picture around to attack the very Military, he gave all for. That's just the lowest and most despicable thing one could do. It's the type of thing the dishonorable left has been doing this whole time, here is a clip from Michael Moore's, fahrenheit 9/11 where he uses wounded soldiers without their consent, see how it effects these brave men, See where Moore uses unauthorized footage of another soldiers funeral, and see how that unauthorized use of their family morning, that exploitation of the most private moment, for political propaganda.

At some point we have to stand up to these dispicable, dishonorable, low class, cowards, and protect the privacy of our Troops.

WRL, Do you actually READ what you write?

"I'm sick and tired of the liberal left thinking they can prey on our wounded and dead service members privacy by exploiting, without their consent, our wounded and dead."

Please tell us how Darla Preyed on that soldier? Please tell us how she exploited anyone (wounded or dead) by posting that picture and ONLY that picture?

"As I said in the thread, I would have no problem had dalra used an Iraq war vet against the war, to make her point, but to invade a wounded vets privacy, and post his picture around to attack the very Military, he gave all for."

What attack? You keep calling it an attack. It was an example of the worst thing that can happen to a soldier. And a damn good example. She was not pulling any Operation Pink bullshit.

"It's the type of thing the dishonorable left has been doing this whole time, here is a clip from Michael Moore's, fahrenheit 9/11 where he uses wounded soldiers without their consent, see how it effects these brave men, See where Moore uses unauthorized footage of another soldiers funeral, and see how that unauthorized use of their family morning, that exploitation of the most private moment, for political propaganda."

Michael Moore WAS producing propaganda. But what Darla did was completely different. She did not add any speech about the war. She answered a question with a picture. If you cannot tell the difference I am amazed you were bright enough to be allowed in the US Military.

"At some point we have to stand up to these dispicable, dishonorable, low class, cowards, and protect the privacy of our Troops."

Look, when your picture is sent out over the wire and used in many newspapers and other news media, you have lost the privacy of that picture. Darla did not invade his privacy. She REPRINTED a picture that has been shown over and over and over.

You are acting like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Whenever a black person fails or is prosecuted, they scream racism. The fact that there is no truth to their claim never slows them down. They have made true claims of racism much harder to get publicised because they have cried wolf so often. You are screaming about something that did not happen. There was no invasion of privacy, there was no exploitation, and there dishonor in Darla's post of that picture.

The only dishonor is what is shown by you. You want this man to be hidden away. You want him to never be seen unless he is standing next to a politician that you favor. And that, WRL, is dishonoring his memory.

WRL, Do you actually READ what you write?

"I'm sick and tired of the liberal left thinking they can prey on our wounded and dead service members privacy by exploiting, without their consent, our wounded and dead."

Please tell us how Darla Preyed on that soldier? Please tell us how she exploited anyone (wounded or dead) by posting that picture and ONLY that picture?

"As I said in the thread, I would have no problem had dalra used an Iraq war vet against the war, to make her point, but to invade a wounded vets privacy, and post his picture around to attack the very Military, he gave all for."

What attack? You keep calling it an attack. It was an example of the worst thing that can happen to a soldier. And a damn good example. She was not pulling any Operation Pink bullshit.

"It's the type of thing the dishonorable left has been doing this whole time, here is a clip from Michael Moore's, fahrenheit 9/11 where he uses wounded soldiers without their consent, see how it effects these brave men, See where Moore uses unauthorized footage of another soldiers funeral, and see how that unauthorized use of their family morning, that exploitation of the most private moment, for political propaganda."

Michael Moore WAS producing propaganda. But what Darla did was completely different. She did not add any speech about the war. She answered a question with a picture. If you cannot tell the difference I am amazed you were bright enough to be allowed in the US Military.

"At some point we have to stand up to these dispicable, dishonorable, low class, cowards, and protect the privacy of our Troops."

Look, when your picture is sent out over the wire and used in many newspapers and other news media, you have lost the privacy of that picture. Darla did not invade his privacy. She REPRINTED a picture that has been shown over and over and over.

You are acting like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Whenever a black person fails or is prosecuted, they scream racism. The fact that there is no truth to their claim never slows them down. They have made true claims of racism much harder to get publicised because they have cried wolf so often. You are screaming about something that did not happen. There was no invasion of privacy, there was no exploitation, and there dishonor in Darla's post of that picture.

The only dishonor is what is shown by you. You want this man to be hidden away. You want him to never be seen unless he is standing next to a politician that you favor. And that, WRL, is dishonoring his memory.

You will never be able to get through to that mindset.

You will never be able to get through to that mindset.

Yeah, I know its futile. But I refuse to stand idly by and let some jerk trash someone for no reason. I refuse to let this sort of bullshit go unchallenged.

I have to agree, which is not something we do all the time. I like to read here, but seldom participate with anyone other than BAC and Damocles. Damo, well we are usually within parameters of agreement; BAC because while I don't know that we agree on much, he at least can discuss issues without just slamming 'conservatives.' I respect that.

I think it's safe to say we are probably very similar in our political views, and no one agrees with me all the time. Damo and myself have had many spirited discussion, and we don't always agree, but I really enjoy talking about a subject, presenting my case, reading his responses, etc. You know, real substantive debate! With the left, there is no "debate" anymore. In their warped minds, the "debate" has already been won by them, and this is just the victory taunting.

There used to be several from the left who would discuss the issues with us, share their thoughts and ideas, and attempt to explain how they come to the conclusions they did, or support what they do. We would have these great philosophical discussions which would last for days, and although they didn't often result in changing minds, they did provoke thought and stimulate your intellect. These days, all you get is an endless trail of insults and false accusations, heaped on top of more insults and outright lies, with a dose of liberal schizophrenia.

I miss the old days. Really, I do! I came back mostly out of curiosity, I wanted to see who the Pinheads were supporting, and I think I nailed it pretty well, most are supporting exactly who I figured they would. But I also wanted to see if the rhetoric had toned down, if the liberals had brought the conversation back and began debating the issues again. To my disappointment, they haven't, and it seems they've gotten worse. A year ago, they would at least attempt to get in a 'catch phrase' or two, promote some liberal lunacy, before they launched into the personal attacks... now, they don't even bother making a point, they just go straight to the insult box.

It's sad and pathetic, but it is what it is, I guess.

Actually, Iraq is going pretty well, but what's the point of debating when there is no response other than name calling? In general you've created an echo chamber, but seems to make you all happy. I find many of the posts here to be reflective of the more intelligent side of the left, but debate, no.
Hence the total silence in the media.

Back