Gas prices...

It may seem "fair" to Mr. "I made a mil in oil investments" but to the average working person it is an extreme hardship.

"Copeland says she depends on the Atlanta food bank to feed the four grandchildren she raises alone. She says the high costs of food, fuel and daycare force her to eat meat sparingly and shop at Goodwill.

"Although everything is going up, your pay rate doesn't go up," she said."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/04/22/charity.shortage/index.html

That last sentence says so much about most people who are struggling. Yes, some chose to live beyond their means and may face bankruptcy but by far the most of them just need fuel to get to work and to the grocery store and it is becoming increasingly difficult for them because as the price of fuel and subsequently everything else rises, pay remains stagnate. It is truly a sad state of affairs IMO. And I agree with uscitizen....it matters not whether we have a republican or democrat for president...we are in a heap of trouble.

For decades gas went up way under inflation and DEMOCRATS ignored our fuel needs. It's now near fair value and may go way up to pay the piper prices if more domestic production is not allowed soon.
Plenty of hungry kids in China and Africa, has almost zero to do with gas price and 99% to do with uncaring people having children they can't support.

business illiterates of the highest order. Billions of barrells is a drop in the bucket. Lofl thanks for that gem, its cause of your supply tightening that I am finally getting a fair price. Fill er up?

Top you are such a elitist moron.............

I sure hope not, $4 gallon is a fair price

The overall average wage earned by US workers is $600.00 per week...the average worker has a vehicle that holds 20gallons...and uses a average of a tank and a half just to get to work...thats 30 gallons or at your so called fair price($4.00) would cost $120.00 that is 20% of the workers gross earning...what planet are you from anyhoo...never mind Big Oil...Texas Crude!

www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t16.htm

yeah and some redneck like V8's which cost a lot more to fill up.
THe average family is spending about the same for energy now as in the 70's as a % of budget.
Since we now know its a precious resource, I think the price should be a lot higher.
I need the dividends rolling in when I open my TIKI bar in Key Largo.

Back