GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

I have one issue with Alabama and the SEC. For the SEC it's the playing of eight conference games instead of nine. A conference game, even against a bottom feeder, is always more difficult than a non conference patsy. (However I do give the SEC credit for gaming the system. They're smart for setting it up they way they do.) My issue with Alabama is they never play a true OOC road game. They'll play big name opponents at neutral sites but when was the last time they played a true big name OOC game in an opponent's stadium?

That being said the run they are on is incredible. They have been the alpha dog in college football for the past decade and deserve all the accolades they receive. People want to hate on them because lots of people dislike the team on top. Yes they lost yesterday but I see no signs of them slowing down as long as Saban is there. Props to them. (And I'm biased because he's a Bay Area kid but y'all need to ride Najee Harris more. Dude is a beast.)

Yeah, I thought Najee should hav gotten more last night. But then, when you have two monumental mistakes (turnovers) you have to play catchup.

Remember, Steve Sarkisian is the OC, so....

Sports is about winning. No fan spends a lot of time talking about the losing years. Maybe you do, but you have said you don't give a shit about the sport.

Keep trolling. I'm good with my world.

Like I said, fair weather fan.

Not once have I trolled on any subject, son. If that's all you have, you have nothing.

A fair weather fan is one who is only a fan if the team wins.

The fact that I focus on the wins just means I see no reason to dwell on losses in the past. Unless you like losing, why would you.

I include the last 10 years because it give a good current picture. I don't think the fact that Bama went 3-8 in 1997 has much bearing on the current season. The oldest player on the current Crimson Tide team is 24. So he would have been 2 years old when we went 3-8. He probably doesn't remember. So it doesn't effect the players. No member of the staff from the 1997 season is still there today. It can be used as a lesson for "how the mighty have fallen" since it was the worst record in 40 years. But mostly is doesn't matter.

It's not a matter of whether or not you like losing. If you're going to look at the whole picture, like you claim you do, you have to take those into account just as much as the wins. That's what makes you a fair weather fan. You only want to talk about wins and pretend the losses didn't occur.

Nothing but excuses from a fair weather fan.

It's not a matter of whether or not you like losing. If you're going to look at the whole picture, like you claim you do, you have to take those into account just as much as the wins. That's what makes you a fair weather fan. You only want to talk about wins and pretend the losses didn't occur.

Nothing but excuses from a fair weather fan.

I don't pretend anything of the kind. Alabama loses games. It is easy to see the win/loss numbers for the entire history. I don't particularly care.

Yes, like all teams we had some bad years. Right now we are in some great years and riding a run that has no comparison in college football. Like I said, if you want to talk about bad seasons from 20+ years ago, feel free to do so. I am not wasting my time rehashing it. I watched most of those games and was in the stands for more than a few.

I don't pretend anything of the kind. Alabama loses games. It is easy to see the win/loss numbers for the entire history. I don't particularly care.

Yes, like all teams we had some bad years. Right now we are in some great years and riding a run that has no comparison in college football. Like I said, if you want to talk about bad seasons from 20+ years ago, feel free to do so. I am not wasting my time rehashing it. I watched most of those games and was in the stands for more than a few.

Sure you did. Be a man once in your life and admit it.

We can't talk about the entire history. Remember what you said. Things more than 10 years ago don't matter.

Still nothing more than a fair weather fan.

Sure you did. Be a man once in your life and admit it.

We can't talk about the entire history. Remember what you said. Things more than 10 years ago don't matter.

Still nothing more than a fair weather fan.

How does a schedule and losing record from 1997 or a bad season in 1957 have any bearing on today?

Georgia is a top ranked team that got beat by South Carolina. Does that mean a team ranked in the top 5 of the AP poll got beat by a tomato can?

It can mean one of two things. Either Georgia isn't a team worthy of the top 5 or South Carolina isn't a tomato can.

South Carolina has played teams with a combined record of 56-36 while Alabama has played teams with a combined record of 40-45.

South Carolina beat a team ranked in the Top 5 at the time they played. Alabama got their ass whipped by the only Top 5 team they played.

It can mean one of two things. Either Georgia isn't a team worthy of the top 5 or South Carolina isn't a tomato can.

South Carolina has played teams with a combined record of 56-36 while Alabama has played teams with a combined record of 40-45.

South Carolina beat a team ranked in the Top 5 at the time they played. Alabama got their ass whipped by the only Top 5 team they played.

I hated losing Saturday night, but it was a really good game. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

Back