Get Rid Of Pointless Thread Banning

Not a wish when you prove it with your posts, Rune.

63yp0v.jpg

I've been sober for 39 years liar.

The thread banning idea has merit, but it doesn't work around here.

The reason is because if a poster bans others from their thread, then the other may simply create a complete copy-cat thread, stealing everything from the OP, including the title, and just change a character or two.

Then any discussion is diluted between two competing threads.

Rule 3 would prevent that, but it is not enforced.

Rule 3 is a bogus toothless rule. It's not even really a rule at all because it is not enforced. And seriously, what kind of rule begins with "please?" Rules are something that must be enforced or they are a joke. It's not a request. It is laying down the law or it is a joke. Then they become meaningless and set a bad example that the rest of the rules are meaningless.

Here is the waste of a rule, Rule 3:

"3. Please do not flood the board with multiple same-subject Threads. Multiple threads will be merged, when I have the energy... and deleted when I don't.
3B. Threads are to remain consistent with the forum they are posted in (E.G. Current events go in Current Events, and so on)."

Rule 3 has never been enforced in all the years I have been here. Never once have I seen anybody busted for copycat threads.

If Rule 3 is not going to be enforced, then the thread ban is useless.

Be honest. Get rid of rule 3 and get rid of the thread ban. Both are pointless because they are not enforced, and they just make the rest of the rules look like a joke.

3B seems to be a different issue. That one gets enforced sometimes, at the discretion of the mod. It has nothing to do with Rule 3.

I'm for that. Thread-banning is cowardly.

Earl.

The thread banning idea has merit, but it doesn't work around here.

The reason is because if a poster bans others from their thread, then the other may simply create a complete copy-cat thread, stealing everything from the OP, including the title, and just change a character or two.

Then any discussion is diluted between two competing threads.

Rule 3 would prevent that, but it is not enforced.

Rule 3 is a bogus toothless rule. It's not even really a rule at all because it is not enforced. And seriously, what kind of rule begins with "please?" Rules are something that must be enforced or they are a joke. It's not a request. It is laying down the law or it is a joke. Then they become meaningless and set a bad example that the rest of the rules are meaningless.

Here is the waste of a rule, Rule 3:

"3. Please do not flood the board with multiple same-subject Threads. Multiple threads will be merged, when I have the energy... and deleted when I don't.
3B. Threads are to remain consistent with the forum they are posted in (E.G. Current events go in Current Events, and so on)."

Rule 3 has never been enforced in all the years I have been here. Never once have I seen anybody busted for copycat threads.

If Rule 3 is not going to be enforced, then the thread ban is useless.

Be honest. Get rid of rule 3 and get rid of the thread ban. Both are pointless because they are not enforced, and they just make the rest of the rules look like a joke.

3B seems to be a different issue. That one gets enforced sometimes, at the discretion of the mod. It has nothing to do with Rule 3.

Thread banning is simply the mirror image of ignoring which pollyanna admits to doing in his/her/its signature.

You don't need the input of others to vent, and if you think that the forum is for anything else, you're delusional.

I was here when the ability to thread ban was created

I protested

One of my protests was I started a thread and then banned myself from the thread as a joke

So it remains all these years later that the Only person I have ever banned from anything was myself

I have never banned anyone else from anything here

I have also NEVER negative repped anyone on any site I was ever on

Including this one

I have been here since it’s inception

I guess I should try negative repping myself as a joke
Wow, I never thought I'd live to see the day that evince would make a rather good and accurate post about something. Good job! :)

Btw

I’m the one who came up with the ideas for starting a like thread after being banned from all cons threads for a couple of days long ago

It blew their brains against the wall

I would even copy their posts from their threads and post them in my thread so I could answer them

Worked like a charm
I'm not buying this, however it DOES work like a charm, doesn't it? ;)

I wonder why the OP thinks threadbanning is pointless.......the point of threadbanning to reduce the amount of idiotic posts in a thread.....

No Sir!

Threadbanning is for pompous-assed idiots that want to post lies, Fake News, and conspiracy theories- AND THINK THEY ARE GETTING BY WITH SOMETHING!

The kind of person that threadbans are the same fuckers that write on Bathroom walls!

A forum is a place where people discuss issues- and you have to be able to appreciate and respect an opposing view!

If not, you are just another self-important arrogant asshole loner that has no social or debating skills.

No Sir!

Threadbanning is for pompous-assed idiots that want to post lies, Fake News, and conspiracy theories.

The kind of person that threadbans are the same fuckers that write on Bathroom walls!

A forum is a place where people discuss issues- and you have to be able to appreciate and respect an opposing view!

If not, you are just another self-important arrogant asshole loner that has no social or debating skills.

Agreed.

Back