Get Rid Of Pointless Thread Banning

The thread banning idea has merit, but it doesn't work around here.

The reason is because if a poster bans others from their thread, then the other may simply create a complete copy-cat thread, stealing everything from the OP, including the title, and just change a character or two.

Then any discussion is diluted between two competing threads.

Rule 3 would prevent that, but it is not enforced.

Rule 3 is a bogus toothless rule. It's not even really a rule at all because it is not enforced. And seriously, what kind of rule begins with "please?" Rules are something that must be enforced or they are a joke. It's not a request. It is laying down the law or it is a joke. Then they become meaningless and set a bad example that the rest of the rules are meaningless.

Here is the waste of a rule, Rule 3:

"3. Please do not flood the board with multiple same-subject Threads. Multiple threads will be merged, when I have the energy... and deleted when I don't.
3B. Threads are to remain consistent with the forum they are posted in (E.G. Current events go in Current Events, and so on)."

Rule 3 has never been enforced in all the years I have been here. Never once have I seen anybody busted for copycat threads.

If Rule 3 is not going to be enforced, then the thread ban is useless.

Be honest. Get rid of rule 3 and get rid of the thread ban. Both are pointless because they are not enforced, and they just make the rest of the rules look like a joke.

3B seems to be a different issue. That one gets enforced sometimes, at the discretion of the mod. It has nothing to do with Rule 3.

Are you high? It is absolutely meaningless to me if another poster bans me. But when a forum bans you, and possibly deletes your threads as well, now that matters. That is what shouldn't be done. It goes against the ethics of freedom of speech.

Have a nice life, fortify, if that is even possible...

Are you high? It is absolutely meaningless to me if another poster bans me. But when a forum bans you, and possibly deletes your threads as well, now that matters. That is what shouldn't be done. It goes against the ethics of freedom of speech.

That was disrespectful. I only give people one chance to be disrespectful. The first one's on you. If it happens again, that one's on me. You won't get another chance to write anything that I read because you are now on Ignore. Just like that. Poof! :)

Chat forums are a wonderful way to exchange ideas, and one of the most useful features is that annoying anti-social people are one click away from poof, gone. All forums have to ban people who post demented stuff. Not everyone has a good upbringing or has their social skills together.

Maybe the government should have paid counselors who frequent forums and try to offer advice to those who need it the most.

That is where a lot of seriously messed up people end up, probably because nobody in real life will even talk to them any more. And no, everybody else should not have to put up with mental cases when they came there to talk about just plain politics.

That was disrespectful. I only give people one chance to be disrespectful. The first one's on you. If it happens again, that one's on me. You won't get another chance to write anything that I read because you are now on Ignore. Just like that. Poof! :)

Chat forums are a wonderful way to exchange ideas, and one of the most useful features is that annoying anti-social people are one click away from poof, gone. All forums have to ban people who post demented stuff. Not everyone has a good upbringing or has their social skills together.

Maybe the government should have paid counselors who frequent forums and try to offer advice to those who need it the most.

That is where a lot of seriously messed up people end up, probably because nobody in real life will even talk to them any more. And no, everybody else should not have to put up with mental cases when they came there to talk about just plain politics.

Well, I guess I'll have to repeat what I've often said at many forums. Is what I said the truth? (Apart from the "are you high" thing) Yes or no. If you are going to say things that don't deserve respect, don't expect it.

Well, I guess I'll have to repeat what I've often said at many forums. Is what I said the truth? (Apart from the "are you high" thing) Yes or no. If you are going to say things that don't deserve respect, don't expect it.

Some of us are constantly seeking truth, we want to learn how things are, but this deeply into this next dark age our numbers are far too low.

This can only lead to calamity, to tragedy.

Some of us are constantly seeking truth, we want to learn how things are, but this deeply into this next dark age our numbers are far too low.

This can only lead to calamity, to tragedy.

If truth leads to calamity and tragedy, it means that the time for those things to occur are far past due.

1opcommiefag.png

Why the fuck are you even here? You have everyone you disagree with on ignore. You're a thin skinned twit, why don't you go to pride.com where everyone is...gay?

It's too bad that Jack is not here to launch a new investigation into the latest offense and coverup.

***** wrote:

"Why the OBVIOUS attempt at doxxing? Everyone can clearly see the first name ***** in the " in honor of" line. Furthermore,.....You can also read the last name as well simply by enlarging it a little. You did that on purpose as the other lines you crossed out much more heavily. But NOT the one with her name.....Not good. If I were ***** I would report you,...and worse!"

It's too bad that Jack is not here to launch a new investigation into the latest offense and coverup.

***** wrote:

"Why the OBVIOUS attempt at doxxing? Everyone can clearly see the first name ***** in the " in honor of" line. Furthermore,.....You can also read the last name as well simply by enlarging it a little. You did that on purpose as the other lines you crossed out much more heavily. But NOT the one with her name.....Not good. If I were ***** I would report you,...and worse!"

Jack got the shaft. I'm sure he got squealed on (most everyone knows who they were) numerous times, and what he wrote was taken out of context. Lets wait and see if this latest "rule infraction" is dealt with accordingly (my bet is it won't even be looked into...at all).

Jack got the shaft. I'm sure he got squealed on (most everyone knows who they were) numerous times, and what he wrote was taken out of context. Lets wait and see if this latest "rule infraction" is dealt with accordingly (my bet is it won't even be looked into...at all).

So far, it appears that you are right. I will PM you with some of the details later.

Back