"God is dead"

He was definitely anti-Christian, he didn't like the Christian concept of an afterlife, and he thought Christian virtues were objectionable.

But I'm not aware he ever wrote anything about Buddhism, Daoism, Confucianism.

I don't think being anti Christian necessarily qualifies one as a principled atheist.

, or of existence in general, which is left standing as
inherently worthless (a nihilistic turning-away from existence, the desire
for nothingness or desire for the ‘antithesis’, to be other, Buddhism and
such like) –

https://philosophy.ucsc.edu/news-events/colloquia-conferences/GeneologyofMorals.pdf

One good thing about enlightenment as to the nature of the universe
is that in college, when you're supposed to be reading the Nietzsches and the Satres and the Kierkegaards of the world,
you can be in the back, reading the racing forms instead.

Now that Suffolk Downs and Rockingham Park are gone, I have no idea what the kids do to pass time.

is that in college, when you're supposed to be reading the Nietzsches and the Satres and the Kierkegaards of the world,

Now that Suffolk Downs and Rockingham Park are gone, I have no idea what the kids do to pass time.

You truly are an idiot.

You truly are an idiot.

Kindly explain if you can, BP.

I get the feeling that you've never sniffed the enjoyable aspects of life--the fun part of life--
so you cram your mind with gibberish to fill the void.

That's how it looks to me. Why don't you go to Vegas for a few days and chill the fuck out?

I get the feeling that you've never sniffed the enjoyable aspects of life--the fun part of life--

That's how it looks to me. Why don't you go to Vegas for a few days and chill the fuck out?

Shut the fuck up.

, or of existence in general, which is left standing as
inherently worthless (a nihilistic turning-away from existence, the desire
for nothingness or desire for the ‘antithesis’, to be other, Buddhism and
such like) –

https://philosophy.ucsc.edu/news-events/colloquia-conferences/GeneologyofMorals.pdf

Nietzsche doesn't understand Buddhism if he conflated it with nihilism, and there is relatively little reputable scholarly work about Nietzsche and Eastern religions.

The best we can say is that Nietzsche was not very well informed on eastern religion, and reserved the vast bulk his animus for religion specifically for Christianity

That is why I see him more anti Christian than as principled dispassionate atheist.

Nietzsche doesn't understand Buddhism if he conflated it with nihilism, and there is relatively little reputable scholarly work about Nietzsche and Eastern religions.

The best we can say is that Nietzsche was not very well informed on eastern religion, and reserved the vast bulk his animus for religion specifically for Christianity

That is why I see him more anti Christian than as principled dispassionate atheist.

Maybe read Nietzsche. He clearly is an atheist.

I never read any of those guys in college. I had plenty of goof off time in college, but never in class.

Maybe read Nietzsche. He clearly is an atheist.

I think he is like you, anti-Christian but generally totally uniformed and unknowledgeable about Asian religions. If Nietzsche doesn't really understand Hinduism or Buddhism he can't really say he is anti-Hindu or anti Daoist

He was definitely anti-Christian, he didn't like the Christian concept of an afterlife, and he thought Christian virtues were objectionable.

But I'm not aware he ever wrote anything about Buddhism, Daoism, Confucianism.

I don't think being anti Christian necessarily qualifies one as a principled atheist.

which christian value did he find objectionable?

you my low-minded friend are filling the void by sniffing things.

how's that working out?

Nietzsche was from a Lutheran family, not Catholic

Supposedly, Nietzsche saw the original teachings of Jesus corrupted by the church.

A lot of people have tried to claim Nietzsche: atheists, nihilists, Nazis, moral relativists. But I don't think he necessarily fits neatly into any of those categories.

this is correct.

which christian value did he find objectionable?

He supposedly objected to the Christian virtues of humility, nonviolence, chastity, obedience because they were weak and slave-like, and they came from a theology overly concerned with guilt and sin.

He didn't even like Socrates and Plato because of their obsession with reason and eternal souls.

He reputedly really admired the Homeric ethics of the Greek preclassical age, and the pre-Socratic philosopher Heraclitus.

He supposedly objected to the Christian virtues of humility, nonviolence, chastity, obedience because they were weak and slave-like, and they came from a theology overly concerned with guilt and sin.

He didn't even like Socrates and Plato because of their obsession with reason and eternal souls.

He reputedly really admired the Homeric ethics of the Greek preclassical age.

i disagree with your reading and interpretation.

Back