God -- really?

I have no idea what you mean by ultimate reality.

Plato's concept of the ideal forms, or Kant's theory of the noumenal, or the Hindu concept of Brahma are three examples out of many.
These scholarly sources and PhD-level philosophers support everything I stated:

"Plato’s ontological and epistemological teaching is that with the right education, one possessing the proper constitution can advance from mere opinion of sensible particulars to true knowledge of the eternal, unchanging Forms—i.e., of ultimate reality."

- Dr. Michael Sugrue, professor of philosophy, Princeton University, Plato's Republic, course guidebook

Plato conceived of an ultimate reality and truth, to which he gave the name “Form.”

-Dr. David Roochnik, professor of philosophy, Boston University , Introduction to Greek Philosophy, course guidebook

"Hindu scriptures describe ultimate reality as Brahman. Brahman is non-dual pure consciousness, indivisible, incorporeal, infinite, and all-pervading like the sky."
https://ramakrishna.org/theultimatereality.html

"Immanuel Kant did not doubt that the world as it appears to us is not the ultimate reality. He distinguished between phenomenal reality, or the world as we experience it, and noumenal reality, which is purely intelligible, or non-sensual, reality."
https://faculty.mtsac.edu/cmcgruder/partiikant.html

Nobody has to agree with me, with professors Segrue and Roochnik, and the other scholarly sources.

But the fact is, what I stated has currency and credibility in professional scholarship

Nobody has to agree with me, with professors Segrue and Roochnik, and the other scholarly sources.

But the fact is, what I stated has currency and credibility in professional scholarship

Like I said, you mistake citing people with making an argument. Not interested.

Like I said, you mistake citing people with making an argument. Not interested.

It's fine if you want to disagree with me, with Professor of Philosophy Roochnik, and Professor of Philosophy Sugrue.

I cannot have a PhD in every subject known to humanity, and that is why I support my statements with testimony from trained experts.

It's fine if you want to disagree with me, with Professor of Philosophy Roochnik, and Professor of Philosophy Sugrue.

I cannot have a PhD in every subject known to humanity, and that is why I support my statements with support from trained experts.

I studied Plato. You know as much as a first semester freshman, at most. It just is too elementary for me. Sorry.

I studied Plato. You know as much as a first semester freshman, at most. It just is too elementary for me. Sorry.

Rather than getting mad at me, I would think you would appreciate that someone on this forum is interested in philosophy. Almost nobody else is.

I do not run my mouth about what degrees I have, and have always been open and transparent about what I do know, and do not know. I do not apologize for having a wide ranging layperson's knowlege of philosophy, physics, history, religion, literature. There are plenty of well read people like me.

I actually understand that Plato's Idea of the Good is his conception of an ultimate reality, because it stands above the world of sensory perception, mathematics, and the forms. At least that is the understanding I got when professor Roochnik lectured on Plato's divided line.

Rather than getting mad at me, I would think you would appreciate that someone on this forum is interested in philosophy. Almost nobody else is.

I do not run my mouth about what degrees I have, and have always been open and transparent about what I do know, and do not know. I do not apologize for having a wide ranging layperson's knowlege of philosophy, physics, history, religion, literature. There are plenty of well read people like me.

I actually understand that Plato's Idea of the Good is his conception of an ultimate reality, because it stands above the world of sensory perception, mathematics, and the forms. At least that is the understand I got when professor Roochnik lectured on Plato's divided line.

Not mad at you. You have a very elementary understanding of philosophy and are very arrogant about that limited knowledge.

Last edited:
Not mad at you. You have a very elementary understanding of philosophy and are very arrogant about that limited knowledge.

I have never claimed to have a degree in philosophy. You will not find a single reasonable and fair minded poster here who agrees with you that I am arrogant.

You have a hard admitting I was right. I made a concise statement about world philosophical traditions which was 100 percent correct, as confirmed and supported by PhD- level philosophers. As shown below..

I have no idea what you mean by ultimate reality.

Plato's concept of the ideal forms, or Kant's theory of the noumenal, or the Hindu concept of Brahma are three examples out of many.

Plato conceived of an ultimate reality and truth, to which he gave the name “Form.”

-Dr. David Roochnik, professor of philosophy, Boston University , Introduction to Greek Philosophy, course guidebook

"Plato’s ontological and epistemological teaching is that with the right education, one possessing the proper constitution can advance from mere opinion of sensible particulars to true knowledge of the eternal, unchanging Forms—i.e., of ultimate reality."

- Dr. Michael Sugrue, professor of philosophy, Princeton University, Plato's Republic, course guidebook

"Hindu scriptures describe ultimate reality as Brahman. Brahman is non-dual pure consciousness, indivisible, incorporeal, infinite, and all-pervading like the sky."
https://ramakrishna.org/theultimatereality.html

"Immanuel Kant did not doubt that the world as it appears to us is not the ultimate reality. He distinguished between phenomenal reality, or the world as we experience it, and noumenal reality, which is purely intelligible, or non-sensual, reality."
https://faculty.mtsac.edu/cmcgruder/partiikant.html

The fact is, what I stated has currency and credibility in professional scholarship. It seems like it kills you to admit my reponse to you was one thousand percent credible.

Last edited:
true. although a bodhisattva is not a diety.

Three Different Paths: Theravada, Mahayana, and Vajrayana
https://www.namchak.org/community/blog/three-different-paths-theravada-mahayana-and-vajrayana/

dieties (of the realms)
https://people.howstuffworks.com/10-big-questions-about-buddhism-answered.htm#pt4

Right, I know the bodhisattva is not a diety, just that Mahayana Buddhism has a pantheon of deities. In that respect, Mahayana Buddhism seems like a polytheistic religion.

Right, I know the bodhisattva is not a diety, just that Mahayana Buddhism has a pantheon of deities. In that respect, Mahayana Buddhism seems like a polytheistic religion.
the dieties are of the realms.
They are much like demi-gods, they rule
but only of their netherworld on the Wheel of Death. they rule- but have no power over karma

I collect Rents and receive Quarterly Dividends while watching Stocks Appreciate in Value. (does this have something to do with God, Life, and Why some are Chosen?)

And you chalk up this to your supreme prowess ---and not to miraculous and in-explicable good fortune?

Do you take the miraculous and in-explicable as due to you?

And you chalk up this to your supreme prowess ---and not to miraculous and in-explicable good fortune?

Do you take the miraculous and in-explicable as due to you?

No. I see it as 'Roll of the Dice'. (if there was a 'God', why would he Reward the Non-Believers?)

No. I see it as 'Roll of the Dice'. (if there was a 'God', why would he Reward the Non-Believers?)

You make a living on gambling?

"Reward" ---what is meant by this?

Reward a baby with good parents? Is that what you mean?

It's a freewill cosmos.

Driving off the cliff is an ABSOLUTE LAW OF LIVING: Don't drive off cliffs. End.

Now you can learn more about such laws if you're inclined to search for a professor

[DYK a phd professorship requires a published book?].

Back