God

Gummies offer me no effect

My wife is like that. Neither she nor I ever did pot until we were in our 50's (I know that sounds unreal, but some squares do still exist. :) ) When we moved to a state where it was legal we tried it. Neither of us smoke so we did edibles. I really enjoyed the experience and she felt almost nothing but a slight fit of giggles and then some paranoia but not much of anything to any extent.

I don't drink so THC gummies are my occasional relaxo.

You believe something

That’s great

I don’t recall the passages where Jesus said everyone would be tortured for eternity for not believing
Mason believes God talks to him.

In psychology that’s often labeled as an indication of schizophrenia.

See how weird your religion is

No proof

But if you don’t believe you will burn in hell fir eternity

That’s not an admire-able way to deal with others huh

As a child I was raised in a middle of the road not-very-religious Methodist household and that was my framework of the religion. However I also suffered from scrupulosity which meant that taking in the OTHER views of salvation and the wages of sin definitely resonated in my fucked up little noodle such that the possibility of eternal damnation complete with torture was enough to make me wonder if, indeed, I got the whole thing wrong that would lead me to that unfortunate end.

Many decades later I finally gave up religion (I was not seeing any benefit, I wasn't "feeling" God's presence, but I lived in abject terror that I wasn't worshiping or praying correctly --scrupulosity again-- that I realized religion was doing more damage to my mental health than it was doing good.)

For those people who get a benefit from their religion but don't coerce others to be like them I say "Good on ya!" They should enjoy their faith. Don't harm others with it, get the joy they experience from it and move on.

I'm luck that most of my friends are THAT kind of Christian.

My wife is like that. Neither she nor I ever did pot until we were in our 50's (I know that sounds unreal, but some squares do still exist. :) ) When we moved to a state where it was legal we tried it. Neither of us smoke so we did edibles. I really enjoyed the experience and she felt almost nothing but a slight fit of giggles and then some paranoia but not much of anything to any extent.

I understand

All my friends in college were pot heads

I didn’t smoke it much

It made me worry about all the shit I had to deal with in my life

Poor kid trying to find a way to survive and get somewhere in life while trying to supplement my families income from afar

I needed to not think to relax

Beer did that

Later in life I was able to really enjoy the sativa high especially

It’s like a free ticket into the creative stage

I can still get there without the pot

But it sure is fun to just smoke it up and be there

It’s not enough smoke inhalation to harm me

No more so than sitting by a fire pit

I don’t smoke cigs

As a child I was raised in a middle of the road not-very-religious Methodist household and that was my framework of the religion. However I also suffered from scrupulosity which meant that taking in the OTHER views of salvation and the wages of sin definitely resonated in my fucked up little noodle such that the possibility of eternal damnation complete with torture was enough to make me wonder if, indeed, I got the whole thing wrong that would lead me to that unfortunate end.

Many decades later I finally gave up religion (I was not seeing any benefit, I wasn't "feeling" God's presence, but I lived in abject terror that I wasn't worshiping or praying correctly --scrupulosity again-- that I realized religion was doing more damage to my mental health than it was doing good.)

For those people who get a benefit from their religion but don't coerce others to be like them I say "Good on ya!" They should enjoy their faith. Don't harm others with it, get the joy they experience from it and move on.

I'm luck that most of my friends are THAT kind of Christian.

All the large religions claim they have the only way to avoid hell

Which ones are wrong?

If nearly all of them are lying

Maybe all of them are lying

I was pretty much five years old and in church on Sunday when I decided I didn’t trust these people

There I was is my prettiest little dress sitting next to my Mom

The preacher began to speak about how God ordered his devotee to stab his little boy to death for him

I knew at that moment that I didn’t like this nonsense

All the large religions claim they have the only way to avoid hell

Which ones are wrong?

If nearly all of them are lying

Maybe all of them are lying

I was pretty much five years old and in church on Sunday when I decided I didn’t trust these people

There I was is my prettiest little dress sitting next to my Mom

The preacher began to speak about how God ordered his devotee to stab his little boy to death for him

I knew at that moment that I didn’t like this nonsense

The fire and brimstone preachers claim to have a terrifying vision of hell.

The Pope says hell is not a literal place of fire and torture devices, it is a transcendent metaphysical state of choosing to not be in communion with God.

In Dante's Inferno, the righteous pagans did not actually go to a Hell of torments.

I don't think Judaism really has a Hell, and think they believe salvation is open to all righteous people.

I don't think Daoism has a Hell.

Buddhism think the truly evil will go to Hell. But I am okay with Hitler and Stalin receiving some kind of divine retribution.

Krishna apparently says that as long as your religion is devoted to righteousness, that is just another way of venerating Krishna. So I don't think the Hindus neccesarily see other religions as fundamentally sinful.

The Pope says hell is not a literal place of fire and torture devices, it is a transcendent metaphysical state of choosing to not be in communion with God.

In Dante's Inferno, the righteous pagans did not actually go to a Hell of torments.

I don't think Judaism really has a Hell, and think they believe salvation is open to all righteous people.

Buddhism think the truly evil will go to Hell. But I am okay with Hitler and Stalin receiving some kind of divine retribution.

Krishna apparently says that as long as your religion is devoted to righteousness, that is just another way of venerating Krishna. So I don't think the Hindus neccesarily see other religions as fundamentally sinful.

Many of those don’t say there is a god either

Many of those don’t say there is a god either

All of them acknowledge gods and divine entities, with the possible exception of Daoism, although the Dao strikes me as basically a substitute for a universal creative energy that orders and organizes the universe.

I definitely think the way the Medieval church, the Puritans, the conservative evangelicals used the story of Hell to frighten people was practically criminal

Delta 8 is the new thing! I have tried most every brand and found Moonwalker Delta 8 made from Hemp not marijuana my favorites they are Federally legal,because Hemp is legal under the 2018 farm bill.

But what does Cypress believe???

Back