God

No, she mentioned it yesterday. She was banned from PoliticalHotwire and knew ptif from there. She claims to be 42 and retired, but in debt.

You learned all that in the few days they've been here? I think someone must be a chatty Kathy to give that much away already.

No. In the way that you are declaring you know as fact that there is nothing beyond the Natural Universe. It's not fact, it's a belief.

Get a grip. The most logical answer is "I don't know". You're no better than a fucking Bible thumper because you can't prove your beliefs are any more correct.

The disconnect seems to be people are focusing different questions.

Adherents of strict materialism and extreme forms of scientism believe the human mind can access and correctly interpret all true knowledge by sense perception or measurement.

We can measure the universal gravitational constant until the cows come home, we can explore the mathematical scaffolding of the universe, but we cannot and probably never will be able to answer where these natural laws come from, why they exist, why there is order rather than disorder, and why there is something rather than nothing. -->

To me, it's that great beyond that begs the question as to whether there is a higher organizing principle underlying the fabric of reality.

You learned all that in the few days they've been here? I think someone must be a chatty Kathy to give that much away already.
I asked, she answered. I did the same when asked.

Honest people don't mind answering certain questions since, being honest, they don't have to remember later what they said. Liars are often evasive since they don't like being caught in lies.

This is one reason, IMO, why so many JPP liars whined to Damo to shut down the advanced search function - I was too good at using it to reveal liars. LOL

Adherents of strict materialism and extreme forms of scientism believe the human mind can access and correctly interpret all true knowledge by sense perception or measurement.

We can measure the universal gravitational constant until the cows come home, we can explore the mathematical scaffolding of the universe, but we cannot and probably never will be able to answer where these natural laws come from, why they exist, and why there is something rather than nothing. -->

To me, it's that great beyond that begs the question as to whether there is a higher organizing principle underlying the fabric of reality.
IMO, they focus upon certain questions in order to reinforce preconceived notions.

If it's part of the natural universe, then I believe human beings can divine the answers. <--- see what I did there? LOL

Agreed that certain questions are unanswerable because the answers lie beyond the realm of the natural universe.

Agreed about the "great beyond". It's a question that moves into the realm of philosophy and spirituality. Currently outside the realm of science.

We can measure the universal gravitational constant until the cows come home, we can explore the mathematical scaffolding of the universe, but we cannot and probably never will be able to answer where these natural laws come from, why they exist, why there is order rather than disorder, and why there is something rather than nothing. -->

IMO, they focus upon certain questions in order to reinforce preconceived notions.

If it's part of the natural universe, then I believe human beings can divine the answers. <--- see what I did there? LOL

Agreed that certain questions are unanswerable because the answers lie beyond the realm of the natural universe.

Agreed about the "great beyond". It's a question that moves into the realm of philosophy and spirituality. Currently outside the realm of science.

Looks like 2 fags in a bag that are queer for each other. :rolleyes:

Banned from PH you say? :laugh:

banned-from-ph.png

Can God make a rock he can’t move?

Could you at least come up with something original if you are going to bore us all to fucking death?

https://crossexamined.org/can-god-create-a-rock-so-heavy-that-he-cannot-lift-it/

https://www.ncregister.com/blog/the-rock-god-can-t-lift-actually-it-s-not-complicated

https://www.sfu.ca/~swartz/kurtenbach/necessary_omnipotence.htm

https://thecollision.org/so-can-god-create-a-rock-so-heavy-that-even-he-cant-lift-it/

Why do you keep asking galactically stupid questions.

God does not exist in the natural world, therefore he can't a) create a rock or b) lift a rock. By definition. Your non-existent God is supernatural.

Better question: Can the Easter Bunny actually lay eggs?

It’s not actually a question with an answer it’s a cognitive thinking test.

So far nobody is even close to the solution. I use to ask this question of employees when I went into a broken organization I was hired to fix to gauge the intelligence of the staff.

:magagrin:

BULLSHIT.

Can God make a rock He can’t move?

Yes

If He wills it to be so then there will be a rock He can’t move.

However, God can then choose to move the rock and He will be able to do so because He is God.

So the answer to this question is yes and no but it is not the answer that is important it’s the logic behind it.

Two opposite reactions cannot happen at the same time and this even applies to God.

You cannot move forward and backwards at the same time, you cannot float and sink at the same time you cannot sit and stand at the same time and God cannot make an unmovable rock and move it at the same time.

I am disappointed that nobody here was able to figure this out

Yes

However, God can then choose to move the rock and He will be able to do so because He is God.

So the answer to this question is yes and no but it is not the answer that is important it’s the logic behind it.

Two opposite reactions cannot happen at the same time and this even applies to God.

You cannot move forward and backwards at the same time, you cannot float and sink at the same time you cannot sit and stand at the same time and God cannot make an unmovable rock and move it at the same time.

I am surprised you thought anybody took you seriously.

Yes

No it doesn't.

No. In the way that you are declaring you know as fact that there is nothing beyond the Natural Universe. It's not fact, it's a belief.

Oh, that's not a form of atheism I am familiar with. Those atheists who say "there is no God" are doing it wrong IMHO, they are practicing a "belief". Atheism is more logically appropriate as simply the "lack of belief".

If new information comes to the fore that God does exist then atheists should change their minds.

I see your point.

Get a grip. The most logical answer is "I don't know". You're no better than a fucking Bible thumper because you can't prove your beliefs are any more correct.

Not necessarily. My example of the invisible wall in the road is a good example. You don't know it isn't there but I bet you don't ride the brakes as you drive down the road. Perhaps that is a "belief" but not necessarily the same as belief in a God without evidence.

But I see your point overall.

Back