God

Oh, that's not a form of atheism I am familiar with. Those atheists who say "there is no God" are doing it wrong IMHO, they are practicing a "belief". Atheism is more logically appropriate as simply the "lack of belief".

If new information comes to the fore that God does exist then atheists should change their minds.

I see your point.

Not necessarily. My example of the invisible wall in the road is a good example. You don't know it isn't there but I bet you don't ride the brakes as you drive down the road. Perhaps that is a "belief" but not necessarily the same as belief in a God without evidence.

But I see your point overall.

There is plenty of circumstantial evidence for God, more than enough to qualify a belief

Um no, but sure -- like what?

The fact that nobody can explain how the Big Bang came into being or how life simply started happening.

Both issues requires science to say they just magically appeared but isn’t that exactly what God did, just magically made them appear?

Here is another way to look at it.

Get a mason jar and remove all matter from inside, every particle, molecule, and atom and set the jar on your table.

Now how long will it take for matter to just start appearing in the jar? Well the answer is never.

This means something has to create matter out of nothing and what can do that other than a God?

The fact that nobody can explain how the Big Bang came into being or how life simply started happening.

Both issues requires science to say they just magically appeared but isn’t that exactly what God did, just magically made them appear?

Get a mason jar and remove all matter from inside, every particle, molecule, and atom and set the jar on your table.

Now how long will it take for matter to just start appearing in the jar? Well the answer is never.

This means something has to create matter out of nothing and what can do that other than a God?

That's not evidence of an Abrahamic God.

Why couldn't it be a Hindu god, or the Sikh God?

This just means we either don't have the tools or the cognitive abilities to understand it.

Your logic is bizarre, to say the least. You offer zero proof of a creator-god. You merely try to debunk science because you have no understanding of the physics and mathematics behind the Big Bang. This is very similar to your other ignorance of biology and genetics in the thread about evolution.

If you want to belief in gods and ghosts that's perfectly fine. You will have to do better though if you hope to convince rational, educated people that they exist.

There is plenty of circumstantial evidence for God, more than enough to qualify a belief

There is no evidence of God. Zero. None. It is impossible to provide evidence of a supernatural being. You aren't very bright, are you?

Both require science to say 'we don't know yet'.

Every time religion says 'Hey, it's GOD under that rock, we lift the rock, and it's just science.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

This is a form of "special pleading" for the God concept. If all things have to have a predicate, then what is the predicate of God? Where did God come from? Hopefully you see the condrum.

You will likely reply that God is special because he needs no origin. But that's just special pleading. Why not say the universe has always existed in a state of constant big bang-inflation-deflation-bigbang-inflation-deflation-...

This is a form of "special pleading" for the God concept. If all things have to have a predicate, then what is the predicate of God? Where did God come from? Hopefully you see the condrum.

You will likely reply that God is special because he needs no origin. But that's just special pleading. Why not say the universe has always existed in a state of constant big bang-inflation-deflation-bigbang-inflation-deflation-...

That was Aristotle's view, that the world always existed.

Perhaps for you. Sadly, still insufficient for me.

I should hope the most important being in the entire universe would have more than just "circumstantial evidence", as well.

Well if there were conclusive evidence that would kind of defeat the point of faith wouldn’t it.

I will say this though, once you do accept Jesus you get all the proof you could ever want for yourself

Well if there were conclusive evidence that would kind of defeat the point of faith wouldn’t it.

I will say this though, once you do accept Jesus you get all the proof you could ever want for yourself

Which is why the religion is stupid. God is playing hide and seek? Dumb.

The universe exists in our realm of physics therefore it must follow certain rules meaning that it has to have a creation point.

God does not exist in our realm of physics so it’s likely that there is no such thing as time where He exists.

It is a stark difference.

And it would defeat the need for damnation as well.

I was a Christian for about 30+ years. (Cue up the usual list of how I must have done it wrong).

I will challenge you with something called "Scrupulosity". This is a variant of OCD in which the sufferer feels they are constantly offending God but desperately do not want to do so. One young man I met once had it so bad that you couldn't walk down a hallway with him. Everytime he so much as THOUGHT a thought he felt offended God he would stop, kneel down and touch the floor 5 times and pray for forgiveness. Of course it is absurd in the extreme but it was very real to him. Why would God allow an illness to exist which causes faith to be pure hell for the faithful. This kid was a really good kid, and he truly loved the Lord. But he was "blessed" with brain chemistry that made that feel like a living torment.

(YOu can read about it in the link I just provided in this text).

I have always been curious why God would allow his most ardent believers to suffer for the belief...not as a martyr to unbelievers but as an internal torment that literally never stops.

The universe exists in our realm of physics therefore it must follow certain rules meaning that it has to have a creation point.

God does not exist in our realm of physics so it’s likely that there is no such thing as time where He exists.

It is a stark difference.

Yes, it is called "Special Pleading". That's it.

Back