God

That simply means we are not interpreting them correctly not that the Bible is wrong.

While the Bible is a record of historical facts those facts are arranged into stories they are not a detailed list of exactly what happened.

God did this on purpose for two reasons.

First He doesn’t want us focusing on the details but rather to get the point of the story. The actual facts of what happened are irrelevant to God’s point.

Secondly, if everything in the Bible could be scientifically proven then there would be no doubt that God is real and there would be no need for faith.

Or...you are totally full of shit...and are just defending the Bible...no matter what.

I would vote for that if it were a referendum.

While I do not have enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess about the existence of gods...I certainly have enough upon which to make a guess about the Bible. Here it is:

My guess, for what it is worth, is that the Bible is a very self-serving history (of sorts) of the early Hebrew people...a relatively unsophisticated, unknowledgeable, superstitious people who had many enemies in the areas where they lived. Their enemies worshiped barbarous, vengeful, wrathful, unforgiving, demanding, murderous, petty gods. And to protect themselves from those gods, they invented an especially barbarous, vengeful, wrathful, unforgiving, demanding, murderous, petty god...and worshiped it. The story seems to be a necessary mythology. The mythology served a needed purpose at that time and I can easily understand why the ancient Hebrews felt about it the way they did.

The fact that modern theists feel the way they do about it...is disappointing and disheartening.

There is only atheism. There aren't any "forms" thereof. You aren't familiar with atheism.

Wrong.

There are two general classes. One group makes the universal negative claim "There is no God" which is very hard to justify logically. The other group merely fails to believe in God. That is a very important yet subtle difference you may not understand due to your lack of philosophy training.

You ran away after I answered your question on the Dhammapada
Quite untrue. You responded, yes, but I returned a thorough explanation of how ALL of your references were to spirituality and not to any GODS. I then insisted again on references to GODS ... and that's when you fled.

You EVADED, hoping no one would notice.

Now I am once again asking you to clarify something you wrote and as predicted, you began EVADING the moment you saw the question.

You don't get access to my time until you show some integrity
I'll tell you what, I won't ask you to lose time PIVOTING and DODGING. I know you have better things to do, and we both know that you don't have any answers in the first place since you are simply repeating what you have been told to regurgitate, so we can just leave it at that.

Where did I say that?

You are deflecting because you can’t debate my point.

It’s childish

I don't see how you missed there are two different and contradictory creation stories in Genesis, right on the first page of the Old Testament, if you were reading it at a middle school level of reading comprehension.

It's curious that Genesis has two totally different creation stories. In Genesis 1, the animals and plants were created before humans, and then humans were created last.

In Genesis 2, Man was created first, and then the animals and plants afterwards.

Actually it is very much part of logic. Universal negative claims are very hard if not impossible to logically support.

https://proofwiki.org/wiki/Definition:Universal_Negative <---(As you can see it is even translatable as formal logic)

Of course "it has to do with logic."

Every assertion does.

If the assertion cannot be logically established...it probably should not be made. It is easier, and much more logical, to make that kind of assertion conditionally.

Prove there is not a bowl of oranges on the table.

There is no bowl of oranges on the table. The negative is proved.

He said, "UNIVERSAL negatives."

The same holds true for negatives that are close to universal...negatives, for instance, that involve distances too great for humans to travel.

It is impossible presently to prove a negative that requires interstellar travel.

He said, "UNIVERSAL negatives."

The same holds true for negatives that are close to universal...negatives, for instance, that involve distances too great for humans to travel.

It is impossible presently to prove a negative that requires interstellar travel.

None of that made any sense. You should not refer to logic when you know nothing.

The first thing you learn in basic logic is that proving negatives is the foundation of our logic.

None of that made any sense. You should not refer to logic when you know nothing.

The first thing you learn in basic logic is that proving negatives is the foundation of our logic.

He's actually correct. If I were to say "There are no Dodge Viper cars in the state of Florida" in order to prove the point I'd have to be able to observer every single space in Florida at the same time just to make sure there isn't one squirreled away in a garage somewhere.

He's actually correct. If I were to say "There are no Dodge Viper cars in the state of Florida" in order to prove the point I'd have to be able to observer every single space in Florida at the same time just to make sure there isn't one squirreled away in a garage somewhere.

He is wrong. You are confusing empirical validation with the use of logic. Many do this.

Easy. Go to Department of Motor vehicles for registration.

Many have no idea what logic is.
For example,
Begging the question does not mean begging to ask a question. It means asking a question which is really a conclusion, like a loaded question.

Back