Going out to many of our RW posters

I have not personally attacked any poster on here, even though this is an issue I am insanely passionate about. I might have called people "dumb" or "Stupid" .. something along those lines, but that's basically as far as it goes, and those terms are as we know very tame around these parts.

I hate to break the news to you...but referring to others as stupid or dumb IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE of a personal attack.

Then you trot out this "degrees of severity" bullshit so you can continue to delude yourself into believing you don't do the exact same shit the others do.

It's becoming apparent what a self-absorbed little twit you truly are.

Of course calling for kindness and tolerance is racist...racist to Christians blinded by their hatred anyway.

Why don't you try a little tolerance and kindness.....Zimmerman was innocent as shown by the evidence.....PERIOD...no hatred, no bigotry, no racism,
just open minded logic and understanding of the law and the evidence presented....and I couldn't care less if Zimmermann choked to death on his next meal...
he means nothing to me on a personal level....

This all has nothing to do with religious beliefs...zero.

Your post is extremely stupid and smells of ignorance, intolerance and hatred

I hate to break the news to you...but referring to others as stupid or dumb IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE of a personal attack.

Then you trot out this "degrees of severity" bullshit so you can continue to delude yourself into believing you don't do the exact same shit the others do.

It's becoming apparent what a self-absorbed little twit you truly are.

Why are you OK with Desh's personal attacks?

Thugvon....deserved what he got....Mugs of thugs(who JUST happen to be black).

If your people don't want to be called racist.....stop behaving in a racist manner....and don't pull the "who me?" BS either.

NOT Christian behavior....but hey...you don't have to answer to me....but Christ's grace doesn't give you license to do or say anything you want...then say...."I'm saved"....so professing to be Christian and turning your back on Christ's teachings(other than the aforementioned big three...gays, abortion and Mooooozlimz)....might not be the most secure method of attaining salvation... so....you are going to have to answer to God...as will we all.

In short....I don't think you can be "born again", be an asshole all your life AND expect to be forgiven.

Just a quick question, if someone believes that Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, and that Zimmerman fired because he feared for his life, are they racist?

Why are you OK with Desh's personal attacks?

I'm not "OK" with any personal attacks....even my own. I admit to doing it myself. I don't like when I do it.

I've been trying to stay neutral on the Zimmerman thing. I THINK that there's more culpability.on Zimmerman's part....but I can't prove it. The words of the other person on the cell phone with Martin are assumed to be false by you guys because she had to have someone write her testimony down and she couldn't read cursive. That doesn't mean she was lying. I think that should give any reasonable person pause....as should the 911 call from Zimmerman...and his own words where Martin was circling his vehicle....that right there is a threat and Zimmerman had a chance to escape from that threat...by turning the key and driving away.

I hear people asking why Martin didn't just go home etc....why is it you put more expectations on a teenager than you do an adult in a.position of responsibility?

OK....that was off topic...so I'll get back on topic.

As a whole....you guys seem to be the masters of confrontation on these boards. You guys are brutal, relentless and show.no mercy to anyone who has a differing viewpoint.....I know for a fact that is how I often get sucked into the vitriol.

Why? Is it because of AM RW radio? That you guys think that the way Rush, Hannity, Beck and Savage speak is legitimate and proper? From Fox on down to the AM radio guys I mentioned, the mode of communication is one of attack. Truth doesn't matter as.much as winning an argument. And when your "truth" doesn't jibe with facts.....call them a Commie and start railing about "state run media"(Straight out of the EIB playbook).

Yes...my fellow libs can get just as bad sometimes, but most of us are more than willing to engage in reasonable conversation until the below the belt hits start coming....then a thread usually devolves.

I don't expect any of the extremists on either side to admit to any of this...including you....I am sure that you will point out individual threads that libs started that were designed to piss conservatives off. Which in turn, the libs can do the same with Conservatives' threads.

The difference is....Christian ethics and morals are supposed to be the Hallmark of the Conservative Ideology....THAT was the point of this thread....Christ taught to turn the other cheek....not to attack and twist the knife.

Just a quick question, if someone believes that Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, and that Zimmerman fired because he feared for his life, are they racist?

If those were the only facts, no, but he was weary of black men and profiled Trayvon because a single mother's house in his neighborhood was invaded and so he therefore believed every black man was suspect and guilty of this crime. His calls to the police show this fact and he also believed they always get away, and George for whatever reason was not going to let this kid get away.

I don't know how much bravado I have heard from males on this very forum about how and why they carry a gun. This was a man who not only had a gun, but had training in self defense and was aware of the laws, was facing down a kid who was a teenager,didn't try to defend himself, and instead shot a kid who was 17 all because of the assumptions he made about all black kids.

Not necessarily....but are you so sure of your position, that you KNOW that's how it went down? I'm not talking about being able to prove it in a court of law....I'm talking about in your heart. Because I'm not.

People do lie to keep from going to prison....and yes.... some punk teenagers attack other people. I just think that it's not so cut and dry as you guys make it out to be.

However....I think the "Thugvon" guys on here are flirting dangerously close to racist levels of hate.

Not necessarily....but are you so sure of your position, that you KNOW that's how it went down? I'm not talking about being able to prove it in a court of law....I'm talking about in your heart. Because I'm not.

People do lie to keep from going to prison....and yes.... some punk teenagers attack other people. I just think that it's not so cut and dry as you guys make it out to be.

However....I think the "Thugvon" guys on here are flirting dangerously close to racist levels of hate.

I'm sure people lie to avoid prison.

But at the same time that you tell me that you aren't sure how it went down, you seem totally sure of the motivations. And while racism played a part in many people's reaction to the trial, assuming racism from everyone is equally wrong.

I'm sure people lie to avoid prison.

But at the same time that you tell me that you aren't sure how it went down, you seem totally sure of the motivations. And while racism played a part in many people's reaction to the trial, assuming racism from everyone is equally wrong.

Waaaaaait a second....find a post where I called Zimmerman's motivation or him in general, a racist.

After viewing thread after thread of RW hate slewed on here the past couple of days....since the Zimmerman verdict...well, hell...it even goes a few.days before that...when we got a couple new.posters that conveniently showed up after a couple of bannings....

Anyway...to the point...There is no way on God's green Earth that you can call yourselves Christians. And before you even start...I know that there is stuff that comes out of our left wing posters that is vile too. But the truth is....many of our left wing posters are atheists or agnostics. The Republican party and Conservatism has aligned itself with Christian "values". But it seems to me that unless it involves gays or abortion...or people of a different religion. You don't really care about the faith at all....hell, even when you are discussing those hot topic issues...all you do is spew hate, intolerance and self righteousness.

I doubt that God is amused. You have abandoned God for a right wing agenda that is 100X more aligned with Greed, Power, hatred, bigotry and CONTROL than it is with God.

In short, I think you're worshiping a false PROFIT.

hey Steel.....in another thread you forgot about posting this......just reminding you.....

just out of curiosity, you said you also mentioned your own shortcomings.....can you help me out, which paragraph was that in, again?......

hey Steel.....in another thread you forgot about posting this......just reminding you.....

just out of curiosity, you said you also mentioned your own shortcomings.....can you help me out, which paragraph was that in, again?......

AND? What's your point....you and I have been through many of these theological discussions and I've always said that I am a sinner. You know that.

You really need to look in the mirror....how.many times have you chastised gays and pro choice people and I had to remind you of the fact that everyone sins....then you say."I never said I wasn't a sinner"....so don't even try to play role reversal.with me.

AND? What's your point....you and I have been through many of these theological discussions and I've always said that I am a sinner. You know that.

You really need to look in the mirror....how.many times have you chastised gays and pro choice people and I had to remind you of the fact that everyone sins....then you say."I never said I wasn't a sinner"....so don't even try to play role reversal.with me.

I don't see you taking anyone to task here except RWers......not the people who said they would take justice into their own hands.......not the people who hoped he would be killed......not the people demanding he be retried even though he was found not guilty......you know....none of those people who you've said are better Christians than RWers even if they aren't Christians.....

and no, you didn't say you were a sinner.....I re-read your post twice and you never mentioned anything like that....so its hardly role reversal now, is it....

I don't see you taking anyone to task here except RWers......not the people who said they would take justice into their own hands.......not the people who hoped he would be killed......not the people demanding he be retried even though he was found not guilty......you know....none of those people who you've said are better Christians than RWers even if they aren't Christians.....

and no, you didn't say you were a sinner.....I re-read your post twice and you never mentioned anything like that....so its hardly role reversal now, is it....

Once again.....you lie. That's called bearing false witness...one of the big 10. There are many posts that I did and there will be plenty of future ones where I do.

Where did I say they were "better Christians"....once again...bearing false witness.

Once again.....you lie. That's called bearing false witness...one of the big 10. There are many posts that I did and there will be plenty of future ones where I do.

Where did I say they were "better Christians"....once again...bearing false witness.

oh fuck off....if you can't stand what you say, don't say it in the first place....

Back