Good news. Robber shot dead by legally armed clerk

Chapdog

Abreast of the situations
At no cost to tax payer. No court. No jail. This is why every responsible citizen should have a gun.

By Andrew Ryan, Globe Staff

A liquor store clerk shot and killed an alleged armed robber in Worcester last night, firing at a masked man several times when he pulled a handgun during a holdup, police said.

The alleged robber -- Evan Louis Rivera, 40 -- was pronounced dead at a hospital 45 minutes after the shooting. When the clerk opened fire, Rivera's accomplice ran and remains at large, police said. The clerk who shot the robber was interviewed by police and has not been charged.

The two masked men entered Big Bob's Liquors on Richmond Avenue at 9:59 p.m., police said in a statement describing the shooting. One of the men pulled a handgun and pointed it "directly at one of the two store clerks then on duty," the statement says.

One of the store clerks pulled his own gun and shot the alleged robber several times, police said. The clerk's name was not released because he has not been charged with a crime. Police said he was cooperative and is properly licensed to possess and carry firearms.

After the shooting, police launched a "large-scale area search" for the second robbery suspect that included State Police dogs. Detectives believe that the two masked men may have been responsible for a string of similar robberies in the region, according to Sergeant Kerry F. Hazelhurst.

Last week in Lawrence, another liquor store clerk fought back and refused to turn over any cash to an armed robber, according to an article in the Eagle-Tribune. Raul Gruezo told the newspaper that he stared down the gunman on Dec. 6 and snatched the weapon out of his hand. The robber fled.

Globe correspondent Anne Baker contributed to this report.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2008/12/clerk_shoots_ki.html

At no cost to tax payer. No court. No jail. This is why every responsible citizen should have a gun.

A liquor store clerk shot and killed an alleged armed robber in Worcester last night, firing at a masked man several times when he pulled a handgun during a holdup, police said.

The alleged robber -- Evan Louis Rivera, 40 -- was pronounced dead at a hospital 45 minutes after the shooting. When the clerk opened fire, Rivera's accomplice ran and remains at large, police said. The clerk who shot the robber was interviewed by police and has not been charged.

The two masked men entered Big Bob's Liquors on Richmond Avenue at 9:59 p.m., police said in a statement describing the shooting. One of the men pulled a handgun and pointed it "directly at one of the two store clerks then on duty," the statement says.

One of the store clerks pulled his own gun and shot the alleged robber several times, police said. The clerk's name was not released because he has not been charged with a crime. Police said he was cooperative and is properly licensed to possess and carry firearms.

After the shooting, police launched a "large-scale area search" for the second robbery suspect that included State Police dogs. Detectives believe that the two masked men may have been responsible for a string of similar robberies in the region, according to Sergeant Kerry F. Hazelhurst.

Last week in Lawrence, another liquor store clerk fought back and refused to turn over any cash to an armed robber, according to an article in the Eagle-Tribune. Raul Gruezo told the newspaper that he stared down the gunman on Dec. 6 and snatched the weapon out of his hand. The robber fled.

The cops should have brought out the dogs and had them follow the stench, 'cause my guess is that the second robber crapped himself when the clerk opened fire.

since this is Massachussets, the authorities need to charge this store keeper with capital murder so that he can spend every bit of his money an a lawyer, lose his store and reputation, and be ostracized by the members of his community in the hopes that Massachussets has 12 people with enough intelligence to realize that self defense is legal in their state. Being that this is Mass., I don't see the last part happening because people are fucking stupid insane up there.

Since we are so stupid up here read the majority of the comments from the local paper

http://www.telegram.com/apps/pbcs.d...ce search for 2nd suspect in attempted holdup

The comments on here are typical. most smart people who are truly interested will actually read these articles. The problem here (not just in MA, but all over) is your jury pool is usually people who are too stupid to read. DAs/prosecutors don't want smart people on juries, they want dumbasses who will side with government.

The comments on here are typical. most smart people who are truly interested will actually read these articles. The problem here (not just in MA, but all over) is your jury pool is usually people who are too stupid to read. DAs/prosecutors don't want smart people on juries, they want dumbasses who will side with government.

I have served a few times in the worcester court system and I don't think the pool is stupid. On the contrary MA population is probably one of the highest educated states in the nation. The schools in MA often are top of the food chain. Dont believe me? Here is some proof:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2008/12/10/bright_sign_for_tech_in_mass/

Education #2 in country
Healthcare #4 in country
According to who's index? Usually they claim dollars spent = quality, which ain't the case. Besides, MA is where I got edumacted (all 12 years plus college) and my son, educated here, scored higher on the PSAT then I did when I was his age. He also scored higher then any of his cousins who are in MA.

The murderer clerk should spend the rest of his wretched existence rotting in prison.

YAY EVER1 SOMEONE DIED LOL!

This is why I think the right is the most evil, disgusting, stomach emptying mass of animals to ever walk the Earth.

No, right wing vultures descend on articles like that and bombard you with angry emotional rants about how great it is that people die. The right is pro-death, and it sickens and annoys me that you disgusting animals take this positively. The fact is, the dumbest people in the world always seem to find an article, descend, and put in their sickening diatribes. People who comment on newspaper articles are usually the lowest of the human race, right-wing populists, like you.

So I'm sticking to my position that he needs to be charged with capital murder, for no other reason than to annoy you equally.

Last edited:
Back