Good news. Robber shot dead by legally armed clerk

It should be the goal of every man to have his son exceed him.

I would not want to put any pressure on my son to "exceed me" in any particular way, other than in obtaining happyness and self furfillment. Ohhh and in spelling ability!

I would not want to put any pressure on my son to "exceed me" in any particular way, other than in obtaining happyness and self furfillment. Ohhh and in spelling ability!

Trust us... it would not be 'pressure' on your son to exceed you. He could do it with both eyes shut, both hands tied behind his back, while being beaten by a bunch of clowns with whiffle ball bats.

Trust us... it would not be 'pressure' on your son to exceed you. He could do it with both eyes shut, both hands tied behind his back, while being beaten by a bunch of clowns with whiffle ball bats.

I hope so, I was able to exceede my father in spelling ability, and he exceeded his father. If family tradition holds up my son will be able to spell better tham me.

We will have to disagree on that. I believe that most young man will not meet their full potential unless he is steered in the right direction, and will use force and intimidation when necessary, for his own good.

LMAO! Now THAT was funny. The "whiffle ball bats" is a nice touch.

We will have to disagree on that. I believe that most young man will not meet their full potential unless he is steered in the right direction, and will use force and intimidation when necessary, for his own good.

Wow, you and I are very different people. I belive force and intimidation are the weapons of desperate people. I hope to never sink that low.

Wow, you and I are very different people. I belive force and intimidation are the weapons of desperate people. I hope to never sink that low.

Force and intimidation are how you maintain a two year old or a small child.

But to make a young man into a good man, you teach them to make their own way, make their own choices, and be prepared to live with the consequences of those choices.

You teach them what is right and show them the value of their own intellect, integrity, and life.

Force and intimidation are how you maintain a two year old or a small child.

But to make a young man into a good man, you teach them to make their own way, make their own choices, and be prepared to live with the consequences of those choices.

You teach them what is right and show them the value of their own intellect, integrity, and life.

I have a 2.5 year old, and never have to use intimidation. I do sometimes have to force him into his car seat, when reason and appealing to his better judgement does not work.

God made kids smaller so their parents could use force and intimidation to get them to do what is right. Although he resented the tactics when used, as he has matured my son has happily acknowledged that he is glad that I employed them.

I have a 2.5 year old, and never have to use intimidation. I do sometimes have to force him into his car seat, when reason and appealing to his better judgement does not work.

Reason works great for some things. But that is because you can explain the end results.

But the end results of playing with an electrical outlet or running into the road is death. Thats a tough concept for a 2.5 year old to imagine.

There are times when you use force, like when you put him in his carseat. If he is not willingly going then you are forcing him.

And intimidation is what parents of small children do also. You use the authority you have forced on him.

None of that is bad. Its just the way the world of parenting works.

God made kids smaller so their parents could use force and intimidation to get them to do what is right. Although he resented the tactics when used, as he has matured my son has happily acknowledged that he is glad that I employed them.

Kids just don't understand much. Attempting to hurt them to form them as adults is retarded.

Refusing to use force on them doesn't have long lasting negative effects, despite what conservatives say. I was spanked all the time (belt or rod, take your pick) and I turned out to be the biggest liberal in the world. All spanking did to me was negative things. Like all force and intimidation.

To be honest, SM, that did not sound like you were talking about managing a small child.

God made kids smaller than parents because they had to come out of the mothers vaginal canal.

Reason works great for some things. But that is because you can explain the end results.

But the end results of playing with an electrical outlet or running into the road is death. Thats a tough concept for a 2.5 year old to imagine.

There are times when you use force, like when you put him in his carseat. If he is not willingly going then you are forcing him.

And intimidation is what parents of small children do also. You use the authority you have forced on him.

None of that is bad. Its just the way the world of parenting works.

I have never hit my son, and he is very good about not running into the street. He is afraid of cars that drive by, because I have explained to him what would happen if one were to hit him. I do use force, rarely. I dont use intimidation. Using force or intimidation except when absolutly necessary is a cheractor flaw.

The kids do what the parents tell them because you are in charge. There is a certain amount of intimidation involved in it whether you want to aknowledge it or not.

Kids don't clean up after themselves unless you bribe them or intimidate them. Kids don't go to bed when you tell them unless you bribe or intimidate them.

Intimidation is not necessarily a bad thing when you are teaching a small child. But they don't disobey you for some reason. And it is not rational thought and intellectual reasoning.

To be honest, SM, that did not sound like you were talking about managing a small child.
I have found that you typically assume that I am saying something that I have not.

If you use force, intimidation and punishment judiciously in his younger years, you will have to use less when he grows older. Eventually you ween them off of your guidance altogether, or you have failed and he becomes a loser, or worse, society has to take over with threats, intimidation and punishment.

The kids do what the parents tell them because you are in charge. There is a certain amount of intimidation involved in it whether you want to aknowledge it or not.

Kids don't clean up after themselves unless you bribe them or intimidate them. Kids don't go to bed when you tell them unless you bribe or intimidate them.

Intimidation is not necessarily a bad thing when you are teaching a small child. But they don't disobey you for some reason. And it is not rational thought and intellectual reasoning.

This is not true in our house. My 2.5 year old cleans up because we make it fun, I sing the clean up song and help him. My son goes to bed when I tell him, very happily, sometimes he crys for me to read him an extra book and sometimes I do it for him othertimes I dont. I admit I have a very well behaved child.

Back