Got Pets?

What happens around here when you leave your sandwich unattended.....

LTeOGGZ.jpg

Last edited:
I was on a walk along our local river last year and spotted a Great Blue standing in the water. They appear to be kinda tall and gawky and awkward. Then I watched him spear a fish so damn fast it would make your head swim! VERY impressive!

A lawn and garden store down the street had a fish pond out front for display and the fish for sale as well. I frequently saw a Great Blue on their roof, staring down. That pond was removed after one season.
Yep. They're a big problem for people who spend money stocking their private lakes/ponds. Those suckers are pretty good hunters.

They are something special in the fishing department. They can stand absolutely still for minutes on end...and then suddenly stab a fish or frog.

One of the devises used to protect against them...is a plastic heron. They do not like to intrude in each other's territories.
Good to know. I once saw a video of their nesting grounds, though. They build condos in the trees, and nest in hordes. Those suckers are huge.

Oh sorry, forgot to trim the image size down when I stuck it on imgur.
Lemme fix that.....
I don't mind...I actually wanted mine to be larger. Is imgur a hosting site like Photobucket? I just use the 'image' button above, and upload from my computer.

I don't mind...I actually wanted mine to be larger. Is imgur a hosting site like Photobucket? I just use the 'image' button above, and upload from my computer.

Yeah it's like Photobucket. You upload your image there, then it has a function to let you share over various platforms like forums and stuff.

Yeah it's like Photobucket. You upload your image there, then it has a function to let you share over various platforms like forums and stuff.
Back in the dark ages, we needed Photobucket. I hear they recently imposed a fee to access your account. I haven't checked, but I have tons of photos there. Don't know if you realize that you don't need IMGUR here? These boards have come a long way.

I have two cats which I adopted before and they currently stay at my parents house because apparently, my apartment's landlord does not allow pets :(

I only get to see them every weekend. I am so sad :(

I have a dog, more specifically a Dogue de Bordeaux, his name is Rocky and I can't ask for a greater companion than that cute thing! I don't have any decent pictures of him, since he isn't picture-friendly. I'll try to capture some, though!

Oh, yeah, and he's only 6 months old but is still larger than most dog breeds at their prime years. Fascinating, isn't it?

I love me some big dogs

One of my four is a 90 lb Bernese mountain dog /border collie mix

not as droolly as your baby

but still will get a drink of water and then want kisses while his mouth is dripping everywhere

all of mine are pound puppies

I have a dog, more specifically a Dogue de Bordeaux, his name is Rocky and I can't ask for a greater companion than that cute thing! I don't have any decent pictures of him, since he isn't picture-friendly. I'll try to capture some, though!

Oh, yeah, and he's only 6 months old but is still larger than most dog breeds at their prime years. Fascinating, isn't it?

He isn't picture-friendly? Why, does he pout and look sullen like a teenager told to get in the family portrait or else? lol

Back