Got Pets?

They do indeed. The pond is about 4 feet deep they get lethargic and go to the bottom...

Yeah...mine is about 2 1/2 feet deep (maybe a little deeper in spots)...and the fish go down to the bottom and get lethargic. We stop feeding the moment night temps get down to about 40...and start again in middle spring. They can live off the growth on the liner for a very long time!

Quick story: About 15 years ago...I went onto the deck...and saw a wondrous sight...a really large Great Blue Heron flying right over my neighbor's garage. I was in awe...never had seen one flying that close to the ground...not even on the golf course, where we have herons and egrets. A magnificent sight.

Then...the reality kicked in. The Great Blue had been visiting my pond...which it considered a Deli. When I went back...all but one fish was gone. And they were all big fish.

Had to start all over...and we added an obstacle to the herons...guy ropes that crossed the pond. They need a spot to land...and they ain't got one now.

Yeah...mine is about 2 1/2 feet deep (maybe a little deeper in spots)...and the fish go down to the bottom and get lethargic. We stop feeding the moment night temps get down to about 40...and start again in middle spring. They can live off the growth on the liner for a very long time!

Quick story: About 15 years ago...I went onto the deck...and saw a wondrous sight...a really large Great Blue Heron flying right over my neighbor's garage. I was in awe...never had seen one flying that close to the ground...not even on the golf course, where we have herons and egrets. A magnificent sight.

Then...the reality kicked in. The Great Blue had been visiting my pond...which it considered a Deli. When I went back...all but one fish was gone. And they were all big fish.

Had to start all over...and we added an obstacle to the herons...guy ropes that crossed the pond. They need a spot to land...and they ain't got one now.

So, you essentially built a wall to impede the natural behavior of the Heron. :palm:

So, you essentially built a wall to impede the natural behavior of the Heron. :palm:

Actually...that was a clever, funny response, USF. I laughed out loud. Good that you can show thoughtful, adult humor in some posts.

In any case, I didn't actually build a wall. I merely strung some twine...and if the result of that stringing is that Heron's do not get to eat my fish...fine. That was the end I was aiming for.

Why go through the trouble and expense of building a wall...when a cheaper (in this case, more effective) means to the same end can be had.

Ya know?

Actually...that was a clever, funny response, USF. I laughed out loud. Good that you can show thoughtful, adult humor in some posts.

In any case, I didn't actually build a wall. I merely strung some twine...and if the result of that stringing is that Heron's do not get to eat my fish...fine. That was the end I was aiming for.

Why go through the trouble and expense of building a wall...when a cheaper (in this case, more effective) means to the same end can be had.

Ya know?

I see that my inclusion of the word "essentially" was either just ignored by you or was beyond your ability to understand.

So sad.

I see that my inclusion of the word "essentially" was either just ignored by you or was beyond your ability to understand.

So sad.

I never said you did not use the word "essentially." Nor did my response suggest that you had said, "So, you built a wall to impede the natural behavior of the Heron." (With the "essentially" missing.")

My response works with the word "essentially" included; my response works with it out.

You shouldn't allow yourself to get so worked up, USF, so out of control...when reading my posts.

Anyway, my comment was yet another attempt to be a bit friendly...and put you a bit at ease. You are being too hard on yourself.

But apparently, besides being unable to acknowledge when you are wrong...you seem unable to accept an instance of friendship when offered.

I guess I have to make do with the laughs your anger provides. ;)

Someone's always got to ruin nice things with butthurt whining. Sheesh. Here, have something funny and lighten up. lol

yMbLqC7.jpg

I never said you did not use the word "essentially." Nor did my response suggest that you had said, "So, you built a wall to impede the natural behavior of the Heron." (With the "essentially" missing.")

My response works with the word "essentially" included; my response works with it out.

You shouldn't allow yourself to get so worked up, USF, so out of control...when reading my posts.

Anyway, my comment was yet another attempt to be a bit friendly...and put you a bit at ease. You are being too hard on yourself.

But apparently, besides being unable to acknowledge when you are wrong...you seem unable to accept an instance of friendship when offered.

I'm not sure my responding to your posts, means that I'm "worked up"; but in your make believe world, I'm sure it makes sense to you. :dunno:

How cruel of you to endanger the herons and to keep them from what is normal for them.
Frank, tear down that wall.

So sad. :D

I'm not sure my responding to your posts, means that I'm "worked up"; but in your make believe world, I'm sure it makes sense to you. :dunno:

How cruel of you to endanger the herons and to keep them from what is normal for them.
Frank, tear down that wall.

So sad. :D

Okay...you want to start another one here.

Childish on your part...but as I said, "Okay."

I will outlast you, though, that I guarantee.

What can be said about someone who trolls a thread about pets?

What can be said about someone who trolls a thread about pets?

Yeah.

He has allowed me to bother him in other threads...so he comes to my other posts looking for more.

Truly sorry about this, Althea.

I will post a picture of one or more of my pets with each post.

100_1402.jpg

Attachments

• 100_1318.jpg
    100_1318.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 3
Back