Gradma Fred: My most prized possession? My trophy wife

Cypress

AP queries the candidates on their "most prized possession"

The responses:

DEMOCRATS:

New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton: No answer

Former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards (laughing): "I hate these questions because they always require more thought than I have time to give them. Prized like long-term or short-term? My running shoes are very important to me."

Illinois Sen. Barack Obama: "Photograph in my office of the cliffs of Oahu's South Shore, where my mother's ashes are scattered."

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson: "Baseball signed by Ted Williams."

REPUBLICANS:

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani: "My grandfather's pocket watch."

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee: "Probably my Tobias bass guitar or maybe, I've got a handmade musket rifle that was made by a guy in Eureka Springs, Ark. I've hunted turkey with it. It's really an amazing firearm. Probably one of those two as far as just real heirlooms."

Arizona Sen. John McCain: "I have a baseball signed by Ted Williams, my childhood hero, a Marine pilot as well."

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney: 1962 Rambler American, which his sons bought for him. "The last year that my dad was president of American Motors and made Ramblers was 1962, so it's a connection with my dad and that era."

Former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson: "Trophy wife."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2007/12/2008_candidates_and_their_keep.php

Obviously it was tongue in cheek. I mean, does anyone think Edwards running shoes are his most prized possession? LOL

I still think its in poor taste, to mention one's wife in that context. :eek:

Obviously it was tongue in cheek. I mean, does anyone think Edwards running shoes are his most prized possession? LOL

I still think its in poor taste, to mention one's wife in that context. :eek:

Methinks it is poor tase to have a wife in that context.

It is the whole thing about why they have a trophy wife that bugs me.

Because they can?

It seems to me guys date or marry as hot of a chick as they can. If it means that you must be older and financially secure to do it then so be it.

usc and cypress are cousins to larry bird and not rich.
So you fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
And your not rich = no hot chicks.
So you rail against the football team capt and such that have them. LOFL

HUH. I would not tell you guys about my love life , cause you would not believe it anyway.
Eat your hearts out :D

You guys watch the game, while I watch the women.

Have you guys seen Fred Thompson? He’s no football team captain. He’s a disgusting old man with a face like a shar-pei dog.

Here is what Fred Thompson looks like:

Hargo%20Shar-pei.jpg

If you saw pictures of some grandma f’ing a young goodlooking guy, you’d all puke. And yet, you think that a shapei faced, drooling old grandpa f’ing a woman who looks like his granddaughter is hot. The fact that you view his wife as anything more than a sleazebag, is amazing. That’s how I’d view her male-counterpart.

And you think there’s something wrong with usc? Thing again. Gag Me.

Not that I am saying it isn't true, but I have yet to see even one valid news source with this on it anywhere.

usc and cypress are cousins to larry bird and not rich.
So you fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
And your not rich = no hot chicks.
So you rail against the football team capt and such that have them. LOFL

I don't think his wife is all that attractive. I don't find conservative republican women attractive at all.

Back