Grandpa McCain gets a girlfriend

Cypress

Possibly. NY Times is reporting McCain was suspected of having an inappropriate relationship with a female lobbyist during the 2000 campaign.

Trading up for wife number three John?

WASHINGTON — Early in Senator John McCain’s first run for the White House eight years ago, waves of anxiety swept through his small circle of advisers.

A female lobbyist had been turning up with him at fund-raisers, in his offices and aboard a client’s corporate jet. Convinced the relationship had become romantic, some of his top advisers intervened to protect the candidate from himself — instructing staff members to block the woman’s access, privately warning her away and repeatedly confronting him, several people involved in the campaign said on the condition of anonymity.

When news organizations reported that Mr. McCain had written letters to government regulators on behalf of the lobbyist’s clients, the former campaign associates said, some aides feared for a time that attention would fall on her involvement.

Mr. McCain, 71, and the lobbyist, Vicki Iseman, 40, both say they never had a romantic relationship. But to his advisers, even the appearance of a close bond with a lobbyist whose clients often had business before the Senate committee Mr. McCain led threatened the story of redemption and rectitude that defined his political identity.

A former campaign adviser described being instructed to keep Ms. Iseman away from the senator at public events, while a Senate aide recalled plans to limit Ms. Iseman’s access to his offices.

In interviews, the two former associates said they joined in a series of confrontations with Mr. McCain, warning him that he was risking his campaign and career. Both said Mr. McCain acknowledged behaving inappropriately and pledged to keep his distance from Ms. Iseman. The two associates, who said they had become disillusioned with the senator, spoke independently of each other and provided details that were corroborated by others.

Separately, a top McCain aide met with Ms. Iseman at Union Station in Washington to ask her to stay away from the senator. John Weaver, a former top strategist and now an informal campaign adviser, said in an e-mail message that he arranged the meeting after “a discussion among the campaign leadership” about her.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/21/us/politics/21mccain.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

She looks so much like his current wife, when she was younger, that's it's creepy.

Looks like Tiana called it today when she said his wife looked down or depressed to her, and like there was still a problem. And I guess this explains why the right wing men are so cranky tonight!

But I can't stop giggling.

I am first starting to really believe that Obama is going to be the next President. I literally have not been able to stop giggling since I read this story. It's not just about sex either. The guy is dirty. She's a freaking lobbyist and he was doing stuff for her too...you know, even standing up!

good night righties, and before you bother telling me, I know I know, and I am going to go fuck myself, thanks! My bf is working late!

God you're a moron..............

Darla already covered this nonsense on another thread...please try to keep up!...Better yet just shut up already...you're such a darla kiss ass!;)

O the pwnership!

Too late to trade up to Huckabee NOW, Republicans!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You laugh but this could (possibly, probably a long shot) help McCain in that this attack comes from the NY Times. Nothing rallies someone on the right like having the NY Times attack one of them.

Many conservatives in California were not on the Arnold train back during the recall and then right before the election bamn, the L.A. Times comes out with a hit piece on Arnold and ends up rally many on the right around him to help him to victory.

This is just pure speculation on my part but two things that get the right fired up are the Clintons and the Democratic Party house organ the New York Times.

(I haven't seen a picture of this woman yet but if McCain did hit it she better be good looking.)

You laugh but this could (possibly, probably a long shot) help McCain in that this attack comes from the NY Times. Nothing rallies someone on the right like having the NY Times attack one of them.

Many conservatives in California were not on the Arnold train back during the recall and then right before the election bamn, the L.A. Times comes out with a hit piece on Arnold and ends up rally many on the right around him to help him to victory.

This is just pure speculation on my part but two things that get the right fired up are the Clintons and the Democratic Party house organ the New York Times.

(I haven't seen a picture of this woman yet but if McCain did hit it she better be good looking.)

3077520.jpg

Darla posted this link on my thread ...'British Have Obama'... her post #17 has the article and a picture...albeit waterbaby jumped right on it and posted the pic already in here!

She looks so much like his current wife, when she was younger, that's it's creepy.

Looks like Tiana called it today when she said his wife looked down or depressed to her, and like there was still a problem. And I guess this explains why the right wing men are so cranky tonight!

Damn, Tiana totally nailed it. The NY Times probably gave them a heads up before publication, that Grandpa was getting frisky.

Neither here or there in primaries. Just want all to know, this is the reason that there is a vetting, blackmail. Seems what is going on here is pressure to back down. Sex is a powerful force, for bad. On the good side, great sex. Stronger on the dark side, there is no great sex, only great partner.

This woman has a forehead that is 1/3 of her entire face, it is actually a fivehead. Then you work your way down to her jaw and wonder outloud "Where the fuck is her jaw?" Then she has a slouchy looking body or maybe it is just the dress and is that a bullet proof control top panty that see wrinkling her dress? God I hope John didn't cheat on his wife with this, cause his wife now looks better than this lobbiest. I think they called her a lobbiest cause she was hanging out in the lobby of a cheap hotel.

You guys have impossibly high standards for female beauty. There's nothing wrong with her.

And why the criticize her looks? Grandpa McCain is like a hundred and fourty years old, and looks like a shriveled prune. :)

If I wanted a bunch of immature prepubuscent opinions I do debate people on my space or slow.com

Keep in mind that the Times has been holding onto this story for a while now after McCain lawyered up upon initial inquiries from the Times. This is a Washington Post piece from December:

Sen. John McCain said yesterday that he has "never done any favors for anybody -- lobbyist or special interest group," as his presidential campaign issued a statement denouncing allegations of legislative favoritism as "gutter politics."

The Arizona Republican has hired a prominent Washington criminal attorney, Robert Bennett, to deal with the matter. "What is being done to John McCain is an outrage," Bennett said in an interview.

Bennett said he sent prepared answers yesterday to written questions submitted by New York Times reporters who have spent weeks investigating questions about whether the senator did favors for a Washington lobbyist or her clients. She has also retained a lawyer, according to a knowledgeable source who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was discussing legal matters.

McCain called Times Executive Editor Bill Keller this month to deny the allegations and to complain that he was not being treated fairly by the Times reporters, who had not yet interviewed him, the source said.

So, what you're getting from the Times on this is the stuff they could actually verify 100% and it has likely been run by the lawyers several times prior to publication. I'm waiting for the rest of the details to emerge although the very thought of old balls McCain in the throngs of passion makes me throw up a little.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/20/AR2007122001356_pf.html

Back