Grandpa McCain gets a girlfriend

and before anyone bitches.... NO I do not believe this guys allegations as he has offered up no evidence to this point.

Very similar to all the bullshit tossed out thus far about McCain having an affair.... NO evidence has been provided to this point either.

Amazing what a quick google search can do.

How about we take the discussion to a higher level and avoid all the bullshit regarding who slept with whom. Something I seem to recall many on the left crying out for when Billy was getting bj's from the fugly intern.

and before anyone bitches.... NO I do not believe this guys allegations as he has offered up no evidence to this point.

Very similar to all the bullshit tossed out thus far about McCain having an affair.... NO evidence has been provided to this point either.

How about we take the discussion to a higher level and avoid all the bullshit regarding who slept with whom. Something I seem to recall many on the left crying out for when Billy was getting bj's from the fugly intern.

QFT

The discourse of American politics only slides downhill with this shit. But, on the other hand, maybe thats how it has to be.

QFT

The discourse of American politics only slides downhill with this shit. But, on the other hand, maybe thats how it has to be.

No, it won't go away. I know SF is too enraged to read the fine print, but you should have.

DH is correct...what they went with, they can prove, don't even kid yourself otherwise, McCain had lawyers up their ass since December.

And once the titillation of a decrepit old man screwing a woman 30 years his jr, who looks nearly exactly like his wife did 20 years ago begins to fade...it's going to start sinking in that Mr Maverick, who runs on the slogan "I"ve never done a favor for a lobbyist", wrote letters and did favors not only for a lobbyist, but for a lobbyist he was screwing.

The straight talk express was just derailed. If you let SF's desparation and rage and childish attempts to scream "LOOK OVER THERE!" and 'YOUR SHOE IS UNTIED!", distract you, you're going to be one of the ones who is shocked at unfolding events. All of which will unfold with or without SF's approval.

Since you obviously didn't read, or comprehend, my first post, let me enlighten you.

This isn't just about sex. True, the prospect of two serial adulterers like Bubba and McCain chasing skirts has its comical value.

But, McCain's alleged female friend was a lobbyist. And McCain took several actions that benefited her clients. Whether or not sex was involved is largely immaterial. Whether or not a straight up trade for favors was involved or not is inconsequential to a degree. Mr. Straight Talk express should know that the mere perception of impropreity is a major cause of concern. Yet, he was evidently hanging out with this female lobbyist in what his own staff thought was an inappropriate and intimate way.

A champion of deregulation, Mr. McCain wrote letters in 1998 and 1999 to the Federal Communications Commission urging it to uphold marketing agreements allowing a television company to control two stations in the same city, a crucial issue for Glencairn Ltd., one of Ms. Iseman’s clients. He introduced a bill to create tax incentives for minority ownership of stations; Ms. Iseman represented several businesses seeking such a program. And he twice tried to advance legislation that would permit a company to control television stations in overlapping markets, an important issue for Paxson [another Iseman client].

In late 1999, Ms. Iseman asked Mr. McCain’s staff to send a letter to the commission to help Paxson, now Ion Media Networks, on another matter. Mr. Paxson was impatient for F.C.C. approval of a television deal, and Ms. Iseman acknowledged in an e-mail message to The Times that she had sent to Mr. McCain’s staff information for drafting a letter urging a swift decision.

Mr. McCain complied. He sent two letters to the commission, drawing a rare rebuke for interference from its chairman. In an embarrassing turn for the campaign, news reports invoked the Keating scandal, once again raising questions about intervening for a patron.

Mr. McCain’s aides released all of his letters to the F.C.C. to dispel accusations of favoritism, and aides said the campaign had properly accounted for four trips on the Paxson plane. But the campaign did not report the flight with Ms. Iseman [on the Paxson corporate jet, in February 1999]. Mr. McCain’s advisers say he was not required to disclose the flight, but ethics lawyers dispute that.

She looks so much like his current wife, when she was younger, that's it's creepy.

Looks like Tiana called it today when she said his wife looked down or depressed to her, and like there was still a problem. And I guess this explains why the right wing men are so cranky tonight!

But I can't stop giggling.

I am first starting to really believe that Obama is going to be the next President. I literally have not been able to stop giggling since I read this story. It's not just about sex either. The guy is dirty. She's a freaking lobbyist and he was doing stuff for her too...you know, even standing up!

Hahaha! I'm pretty sure there's even more recent dirt than that. Watch. I know medicated misery when I see it!

Hahaha! I'm pretty sure there's even more recent dirt than that. Watch. I know medicated misery when I see it!

Well, no one has mentioned when this affair ended?

Or, if it ended?

Your instincts are gold to me now! You really called that yesterday.

In Sf's defense, this is traumatic news for him!

If this story ends up validating the rumors, which have always been around McCain, that he is a serial womanizer and can't keep it in his pants no matter who he is married to, and also that he is a corrupt bastard - and end upderailing his bid for Presidency - we won't be able to have as many wars!

And that is bad news. Poor SF. Less war.

Well, no one has mentioned when this affair ended?

Or, if it ended?

Your instincts are gold to me now! You really called that yesterday.

LOL. To be honest, I hadn't even found the original story that Topsin found. I literally just looked at the picture and thought: pill feind (sp?)

If this story ends up validating the rumors, which have always been around McCain, that he is a serial womanizer and can't keep it in his pants no matter who he is married to, and also that he is a corrupt bastard - and end upderailing his bid for Presidency - we won't be able to have as many wars!

Well, Darla, after having my dog for a week or so, I learned a few things. When you're trying to teach lower level species how to behave in civilized society you have to accentuate the positive.

Let's show our support and appreciation for the fact that he's not hitting on teenaged congressional pages and that his wife isn't on crack (yet).

Did anybody read the whole of the story? It really isn't all that bad of a story about him. It talks about how the Keating experience helped forge him into the campaign finance reform dude, and much other stuff. It was a rather sweeping story. Very interesting.

No, it won't go away. I know SF is too enraged to read the fine print, but you should have.

DH is correct...what they went with, they can prove, don't even kid yourself otherwise, McCain had lawyers up their ass since December.

And once the titillation of a decrepit old man screwing a woman 30 years his jr, who looks nearly exactly like his wife did 20 years ago begins to fade...it's going to start sinking in that Mr Maverick, who runs on the slogan "I"ve never done a favor for a lobbyist", wrote letters and did favors not only for a lobbyist, but for a lobbyist he was screwing.

The straight talk express was just derailed. If you let SF's desparation and rage and childish attempts to scream "LOOK OVER THERE!" and 'YOUR SHOE IS UNTIED!", distract you, you're going to be one of the ones who is shocked at unfolding events. All of which will unfold with or without SF's approval.

Right.... desparation and rage.... gotcha.

Apparently you were too giddy typing how enraged I was to notice the part where I said neither story offered any evidence of affair. Or the part where I mentioned how pissed the left was when the right attacked Clowntoon for playing with Monica..... "It's private!!!!" was the cry. (and I agree) But apparently it is only private when it is Clowntoon or Obama.

Typical hypocricy of Darla.... right in line with her "getting pissed at the sexism of men on the right" but not those on the left when they attack a Reps wife.

and in your defense, you are a bitter spiteful hateful individual.... who "supports" our troops by spitting on them and calling them murderers. all the while cheering on those that scramble a childs brain. Class act all the way... good work Darla.

I notice how quickly you are to convict McCain of an affair, yet when someone accuses Obama of the same we get "SF is enraged, blah blah blah, he is trying to say 'look over there' blah blah blah" and you dismiss it. No evidence either way... but hey, you are a hypocrit... what else should we expect.

It really is time for people in the US to quit giving a shit about where politicians place their genitals. Granted, I find it humorous that that those on the right that out loud talk about how is it about Character and all that are then later discovered tapping toes in mens bathrooms etc. But as some have pointed out, the real question is what did she get from McCain and was it for anything received. Was there a quid pro quo. Now this morning on MSNBC on Morning Joe they mentioned that McCain voted several times on different issues that went contrary to the views of those people she lobbied for. When exactly that was I would like to know. If he voted that way AFTER any alleged affair or whatever then it plays against this story. If the FCC issue was the last thing he voted on that she was lobbying for then there might be some questions. But as Tim Russert said this morning, the more you look at it the more nothing is there.

It really is time for people in the US to quit giving a shit about where politicians place their genitals. Granted, I find it humorous that that those on the right that out loud talk about how is it about Character and all that are then later discovered tapping toes in mens bathrooms etc. But as some have pointed out, the real question is what did she get from McCain and was it for anything received. Was there a quid pro quo. Now this morning on MSNBC on Morning Joe they mentioned that McCain voted several times on different issues that went contrary to the views of those people she lobbied for. When exactly that was I would like to know. If he voted that way AFTER any alleged affair or whatever then it plays against this story. If the FCC issue was the last thing he voted on that she was lobbying for then there might be some questions. But as Tim Russert said this morning, the more you look at it the more nothing is there.

If it was on MSNBC... ya might want to wait for a real news network to give you the real story :)

They aren't nearly as bad as See B.S. "News".

Any network that trys to pass off that hack Olberman as a journalist is not playing with a full deck. He was an idiot on Sportscenter who has become a Rush-like moron on CNBC.

That said, See B.S. is just about as bad.

and in your defense, you are a bitter spiteful hateful individual.... who "supports" our troops by spitting on them and calling them murderers. all the while cheering on those that scramble a childs brain. Class act all the way... good work Darla.

I notice how quickly you are to convict McCain of an affair, yet when someone accuses Obama of the same we get "SF is enraged, blah blah blah, he is trying to say 'look over there' blah blah blah" and you dismiss it. No evidence either way... but hey, you are a hypocrit... what else should we expect.

Oh Shut the fck up! You don't know Darla one bit. That's a slanderous lie and completely uncalled for. I'm actually glad I see your true colors now. I had no idea what a POS you really are. You have no room to be talking about class.

In case you didn't notice, Darla wasn't the one accusing her, the NYT did.

Back