Grandpa McCain gets a girlfriend

They were just getting their "facts" in order. These things take time. Eight years apparently.

What a bunch of crap. They were going to go with the story earlier as I previously indicated but McCain and his lobbyist friend quickly lawyered up (McCain retained Clinton's impeachment counsel who also served as counsel to other members of the Keating Five).

They ran with the admittedly skimpy story now because other news organizations were going to scoop them on it.

You people and your media conspiracy lunacy are hilarious. I was waiting though for this old saw horse to come out. I thought it would take a while longer given the media's crush on St. John McCain of the Straight Talk.

Actually SF, I'm not going to reveal any of my personal life on this board, but suffice to say that I know for a fact that Darla goes out of her way to take the time to really help our troops rather than simply sitting by the sidelines like a chickenhawk cheering them on. She puts her money where her mouth is. Having said that what you said about her was categorically false and nothing but outright slander. I don't care what she called them, I know for a fact that won't hesitate to put her money where her mouth is.

Actually T... no one asked you to "reveal" any of your personal life. I also do not care what Darla "does for our troops".... because somehow I doubt she is telling them she thinks they are murderers.

How is it slander if she stated on this board that she thinks they are murderers?

1) you are off IA

2) What the fuck are you talking about. Darla came on the board and stated what she had said. Thus, it IS part of the public domain you idiot.

That she spits on troops? Sorry dude, you lied. You can't control your rage.

3) If the story was so much about the corruption... then why is it that so many veered off into the "he has a mistress" bullshit? Why is the title of the thread.... "McCain has a girlfriend"????

4) McCains campaign has stated that yes, she was around a lot until they convinced McCain that it looked bad. To my knowledge, no one, including the Times has produced any evidence to show that McCain did something wrong or illegal.

The sex is the funny part. Your party cultivated the image of family values. If you don't want to get mocked for it, tell your party to change its false image.

The perception of corruption is always a legtimate news story, for our supposedly watchdog press. That's their job. Especially for national office holders and potential presidents.

Do you know how many stories NY Times has run about john edwards haircuts, or some small land transaction Bill Clinton lost money on and was never shown to have doen anything illegal?

The sex is the funny part. Your party cultivated the image of family values. If you don't want to get mocked for it, tell your party to change its false image.

The perception of corruption is always a legtimate news story, for our supposedly watchdog press. That's their job. Especially for national office holders and potential presidents.

Do you know how many stories NY Times has run about john edwards haircuts, or some small land transaction Bill Clinton lost money on and was never shown to have doen anything illegal?

Again with the "rage" bullshit. If you would learn to read, I said I don't think she would actually spit on the troops. I was extending her "they are murderers" comments and exaggerating them. Just as she was doing to me. So you can quit trying to protect her. She can take care of herself.

What is funny is that you act like the corruption part was why you posted the thread. Which upon re-reading the title of the thread, it is clear to me know that is exactly what you intended.

I notice no one mentioned about how the Keating outcome said that McClown used Poor judgement. And many still want the dude as president.
And seem to be dodging his apprent conflict of interest with his lobbyist friend. To me The GF angle does not matter, the influence peddling for lobbiests does concern me in a presidential candidate.

I notice no one mentioned about how the Keating outcome said that McClown used Poor judgement. And many still want the dude as president.
And seem to be dodging his apprent conflict of interest with his lobbyist friend. To me The GF angle does not matter, the influence peddling for lobbiests does concern me in a presidential candidate.

True.

Obama only has to talk about lobbyist influence in Washington, as he has been doing, and he never has to mention McCain by name.

SWEET

McCain will be EASY .. you heard it here first.

Where's Superfreak?

you mean the one that said he used poor judgement but did nothing improper?

Why did you leave the last part off?

If you notice... this supposed "conflict of interest" is based on the letters he wrote the FCC on their behalf.... not urging the FCC to vote in favor of the company, but simply to expedite the decision. While I would rather he not have done either, there is a difference.

and PLEASE... make lobbyists influence on the candidates an issue.... McCain wins that hands down over Obama and especially Hillary.

I also never called "the troops" murderers.

I said if his cousin was dropping bombs, then he is a murderer. And I did later say I should have used the word “killer” instead. It was said in private after something he said to me in private that was complete BS.

There are plenty of former bomber pilots who later come to the conclusion that they did murder a lot of people, and have a hard time living with it. Check out Howard Zinn’s bio for one. But there are many others. My point is that when we put these human beings in these positions of killing other human beings, there is fall out for them. Serious, major fall out. That is why so many of them are committing suicide, or are unable to readjust and are becoming alcoholics, are becoming violent with their families, cannot hold jobs, etc.

This is the cost of war. One that war supporters are too willing to insist other pay, while at the same time, denying that they pay it. It’s one that our militaristic society is oblivious to.

What I said about McCain is that anyone who votes for him is supporting the continued murders of people in Iraq, that would include our soliders who die there.

I believe all of the above. I feel no shame over these beliefs.

ps - I've never spit on anyone or anything. I don't spit. It's gross man.

Exactly.

Apparently it's no big deal that McCain, after accepting $20,000 in donations from Paxson Communications employees, flying on the Paxson corporate jet for campaign purposes and receiving lots of campaign support from Paxson's CEO sent letters to the FCC which was considering a Paxson proposal to buy a Pittsburgh TV station (the FCC commissioner rebuked McCain) and that the substance of the letters was written in part by Paxson's lobbyist whom McCain's former staffer advised should keep her distance from McCain for fears of an inappropriate relationship.

Nothing to see here folks.

True.

Obama only has to talk about lobbyist influence in Washington, as he has been doing, and he never has to mention McCain by name.

SWEET

McCain will be EASY .. you heard it here first.

Where's Superfreak?

Right here.

Again, I agree that Obama will have a much easier time against McCain than Hillary would.

We disagree on HOW easy.... I think Obama wins, just not as big as you think. A difference of opinion.

Apparently it's no big deal that McCain, after accepting $20,000 in donations from Paxson Communications employees, flying on the Paxson corporate jet for campaign purposes and receiving lots of campaign support from Paxson's CEO sent letters to the FCC which was considering a Paxson proposal to buy a Pittsburgh TV station (the FCC commissioner rebuked McCain) and that the substance of the letters was written in part by Paxson's lobbyist whom McCain's former staffer advised should keep her distance from McCain for fears of an inappropriate relationship.

Nothing to see here folks.

Wow.... ya completely glossed over the fact that the letters asked the FCC to expedite the decision. They did not ask the FCC to vote in favor of Paxson.

Wow.... ya completely glossed over the fact that the letters asked the FCC to expedite the decision. They did not ask the FCC to vote in favor of Paxson.

Are we playing this game AGAIN. You basically want evidence of John McCain writing a letter saying "I am interfering with the administrative regulatory process on behalf of a company that is lobbying me and supporting my campaign and I want you to approve their proposal on that basis."

You are going to get that.

Are we playing this game AGAIN. You basically want evidence of John McCain writing a letter saying "I am interfering with the administrative regulatory process on behalf of a company that is lobbying me and supporting my campaign and I want you to approve their proposal on that basis."

You are going to get that.

I did not say that Dung. I simply noticed you gave the other details of the situation, including McCains use of the jet and acceptance of money, but accidentally failed to mention the part that discussed the content of the letter. Just trying to help you out man.

I did not say that Dung. I simply noticed you gave the other details of the situation, including McCains use of the jet and acceptance of money, but accidentally failed to mention the part that discussed the content of the letter. Just trying to help you out man.

The content of the letter was partially drafted by Paxson's lobbyist and the woman with whom he is alleged to have an inappropriate relationship.

The fact that McCain wasn't so fucking stupid to actually request the FCC to take a specific action only means that, while he did something stupid, he didn't do something that was completely brain-dead.

Right here.

Again, I agree that Obama will have a much easier time against McCain than Hillary would.

We disagree on HOW easy.... I think Obama wins, just not as big as you think. A difference of opinion.

I'm just messing with you brother .. McCain will be EASY though.

WAR
Lobbyist influence allegations
WAR
Lack of enthusiastic support from the right-wingers
WAR
Flip-flopping on torture
WAR
Propensity to say really dumb shit
WAR

EASY

The content of the letter was partially drafted by Paxson's lobbyist and the woman with whom he is alleged to have an inappropriate relationship.

The fact that McCain wasn't so fucking stupid to actually request the FCC to take a specific action only means that, while he did something stupid, he didn't do something that was completely brain-dead.

LMAO...

Did the letter request the FCC to act in favor of the company or not?

Yes, his asking for an expedited decision was wrong in my opinion... and he was rebuked by the FCC for doing so.

If this is all you can come up with against McCain with regards to lobbyist influence then your position is as weak as those who think McCain is a war monger, yet can only come up with the "bomb Iran" song as evidence of such.

I'm just messing with you brother .. McCain will be EASY though.

WARmonger
Lobbyist influence allegations
WARmonger
Lack of enthusiastic support from the right-wingers
WAR
Flip-flopping on torture
WARmonger
Propensity to say really dumb *&^
WAR

EASY

I fixed it for you.

Back