Grandpa McCain gets a girlfriend

Staying in Iraq and increasing troop levels is not war mongering.

One more time. If you increase police in Detroit in order to fight crime you are not war mongering, nor are you war mongering if you try to increase security in a place that already has an occupation. That wasn't evidence of war mongering, because increasing security in a place that it has been shown that it helps is not war mongering.

As for staying there forever, he wasn't saying we should he was saying that if there was peace there it wouldn't matter to the citizens of the US, just as it doesn't matter in Germany where there is peace.

As for the Iran stuff, he consistently speaks of diplomacy, even if he speaks of "punishing".

War mongering is promoting that idiotic Preemptive War policy that got us there, not talking of diplomacy and increasing security.

I never thought I'd see you stoop to Orwellian tactics, to justify a war, that you allegedly oppose.

Sending more troops to iraq is just for increasing security. Peacekeeping, if you will.

Hope you can live with that man.

I never thought I'd see you stoop to Orwellian tactics, to justify a war, that you allegedly oppose.

Sending more troops to iraq is just for increasing security. Peacekeeping, if you will.

Hope you can live with that man.
Whatever. We disagree.

Even the government there started passing the laws needed that the surge was designed to give them time to do.

I hope we get out of there quickly, but that doesn't change that adding security for those people is not the same as wanting to escalate.

Whatever. We disagree.

Even the government there started passing the laws needed that the surge was designed to give them time to do.

I hope we get out of there quickly, but that doesn't change that adding security for those people is not the same as wanting to escalate.

Was Kerry proposing more troops during the 2004 campaign because he wanted to escalate or because he thought it would bring more security? More security.

Was Kerry proposing more troops during the 2004 campaign because he wanted to escalate or because he thought it would bring more security? More security.
Yes, but was 10K enough, and where was his security supposed to go? His surge was weak, wouldn't get the job done, and didn't centralize. It was basically "more of what he said with 10K more".

The difference is in the actual plan. Remember when the left thought Bush should follow that report? This is it in action. Patreas appears to be actually competent at what he is supposed to be competent at.

He thought it would win him the election. At that time the iraqi war was still perceived inside the beltway as being supported by the people. I don't think it was, but it was perceived to be.

Anyway, that's why kerry said that and you know it and I know it and Damo knows it.

Whatever. We disagree.

Yes, I understand that you support the Bush policy on Iraq, and the surge. Fair enough. No more tap dancing.

Yes, I understand that you support the Bush policy on Iraq, and the surge. Fair enough. No more tap dancing.
Sad.

You understand that reality isn't meshing with what you want so you attempt to make it so I agree with Bush? Saying, "This is what he said" and then showing that it was is not agreement any more than accurately translating a speech by Idi Amin would be.

Back to Grandpa.

Someone’s not telling the truth.

"No representative of Paxson or Alcalde & Fay (Viki Iseman’s lobbying firm) personally asked Senator McCain to send a letter to the FCC" – February 2008 McCain campaign statement e-mailed to reporters.

"I was contacted by Mr. Paxson on this issue. He wanted their approval very bad for purposes of his business. I believe that Mr. Paxson had a legitimate complaint." -- Sworn Testimony from JOHN McCAIN to FCC, in September 2002

http://www.newsweek.com/id/114505

translation:

Superfreak doesn't care to take a stab at the apparent contradition between the McCain campaign's statement to reporters today, and the sworn testimony of John McCain in 2002.

:igive:

Back