Grandpa McCain gets a girlfriend

Ok hack.... AGAIN.... the aides warned that it LOOKED like there was more to the relationship than there was. That the APPEARANCE of a lobbyist in McCains presence so much LOOKED BAD.

Yet here we have the hacks on the left ......

"Grampa McCain has a girlfriend"

"McCain is having an affair"

"McCain favored the lobbyist by writing a letter to the FCC"

All of which is what? Come on Lorax... you know the words.... bull shit.

Yes, this is a deliberate smear job by the left. A feeble attempt to try to play the gotcha game. A "swiftboating" of McCain.

All of which you cried foul when done to Clinton and Kerry and now you say....

"Well the Reps did it too"

Oh, Christ - you want swiftboating? Call me in 3 months, after 300 or so people sign onto the story as "witnesses" to the 2 having sex, even though they only served in Washington at the same time as McCain and never actually saw him in person. Call me when people discredit the U.S. Navy & assassinate the character of anyone who actually saw what happened & tried to tell the truth. Call me when websites are set up, fundraising organizations are established & people who don't even know McCain are given the headliner spot on every cable news show for weeks on end.

You don't KNOW swiftboating, hack. This is a true story about campaign aides who were concerned enough about a candidate's relationship to warn both the candidate & the woman in question, and that's news in any political campaign. You don't like it? Too bad, but you have absolutely no clue whatsoever what "swiftboating" is.

Oh, Christ - you want swiftboating? Call me in 3 months, after 300 or so people sign onto the story as "witnesses" to the 2 having sex, even though they only served in Washington at the same time as McCain and never actually saw him in person. Call me when people discredit the U.S. Navy & assassinate the character of anyone who actually saw what happened & tried to tell the truth. Call me when websites are set up, fundraising organizations are established & people who don't even know McCain are given the headliner spot on every cable news show for weeks on end.

You don't KNOW swiftboating, hack. This is a true story about campaign aides who were concerned enough about a candidate's relationship to warn both the candidate & the woman in question, and that's news in any political campaign. You don't like it? Too bad, but you have absolutely no clue whatsoever what "swiftboating" is.

So a story, that aides were "concerned" 8 years ago that has been twisted into ....

McCain is having an affair and giving a lobbyist special treatment is an accurate account of what has been stated by the times. Despite everything that was presented in the article?

Oh, so now your argument is "if it isn't as bad as what happened to Kerry, it doesn't matter, we can make shit up if we want to"???

Didn't realize you were such a hack.

Especially funny considering how "tired you are" of people saying "well the Dems did it too".... when all you keep falling back on now is "the Reps did it too" or "the Reps swiftboated Kerry worse than what we are trying to do to McCain"

How can anyone who claims "Hey, I vote for Democrats sometimes too!", possibly claim that Al Gore's house, John Edwards haircut, and John Kerry's purple hearts merited news coverage, but we should just shut up about a report that there was possibly some kind of inapporpriate relationship - maybe even a quid pro quo - between a female lobbyist and a presidential candidate?

Oh you mean because of the Bill Clinton years?

But, ever since we impeached him and almost got him out of office, I thought we all agreed we weren’t going to do that anymore…at least until there was another democrat in office?

Didn’t we “all agree” that we would go back to the pre-clinton years in handling sex scandals (don’t ask don’t tell), as long as there was a republican in office? I’m confused? The deal we “all agreed” to seems to have fallen through?

I guess you just can’t trust a liberal.

I totally forgot about that. Superfreak is so right on this - it IS just sex, even if it's lobbyist-for-favor sex. The bedroom is off limits (which is kind of a relief, because it's really hard to escape the mental image during this whole discussion, and it's making me queasy).

How can anyone who claims "Hey, I vote for Democrats sometimes too!", possibly claim that Al Gore's house, John Edwards haircut, and John Kerry's purple hearts merited news coverage, but we should just shut up about a report that there was possibly some kind of inapporpriate relationship - maybe even a quid pro quo - between a female lobbyist and a presidential candidate?

Show me where I made the claim that they should Cypress. (with regards to Gores house etc..)

Side note.... on the national level, as stated before, I have only voted for Kohl and Salazar.

Last edited:
I totally forgot about that. Superfreak is so right on this - it IS just sex, even if it's lobbyist-for-favor sex. The bedroom is off limits (which is kind of a relief, because it's really hard to escape the mental image during this whole discussion, and it's making me queasy).

That uneasy feeling you have is from constantly trying to avoid actually saying the words....

1) There was no affair, only aides stating they did not like the appearance of the relationship.

2) There is no evidence in McCains voting that suggests he favored her companies.

But you cannot state that can you hack? Why? Because you choose to believe in some phantom conspiracy.

I'm all for doing the "ridicule Superfreak's hackish idiocy" thing in shifts, if you guys want to split it up. I should be free for the 3:15-3:30 slot (eastern time).

I'm going for a bike ride. Keep anger management boy occupied, will ya?

I was going to say, you know if a 70 year old woman, in McCain's physical condition, was having sex with a fairly decent looking, sexy 40 year old guy...you can imagine the reaction of all the guys who wanted to know if this woman was "hot" or worth "hitting" (another word with violent connotations).

They would have all been puking, and not shy about posting about it.

But, I kept quiet because people get tired of hearing me, and I figured I would save it for something more important.

It is just as repulsive in the reverse though. I agree.

That uneasy feeling you have is from constantly trying to avoid actually saying the words....

1) There was no affair, only aides stating they did not like the appearance of the relationship.

It's entirely possible Mr. Stray Cock Express didn't have sex with her. C'mon, the dude is a hundred and forty years old, and probably can't get it up without medical assistance.

I'm open minded to the idea that sex wasn't involved. Although, we do have to keep in mind his history of adultry and chasing trophy wives. Get this through your head: It's not about sex (although that part is hilarious). It's about corruption, or the mere appearence of impropriety.

2) There is no evidence in McCains voting that suggests he favored her companies.

But you cannot state that can you hack? Why? Because you choose to believe in some phantom conspiracy.

Yes, there is evidence. It's been posted. You chose not to read it..

Did McCain do anything technically illegal? I don't have a clue. Maybe he didn't. He's not an idiot. I assume he knows how to walk the fine line between legality and illegality.

The point is, that his own staff noticed this woman's close and possibly intimate relationship with him. And she wasn't some 21 year old intern. She was a powerful lobbyist, and McCain was casting votes that her clients had an interest and a stake in. Whether anything illegal was done or not, this is potentially banana republic stuff. The mere appearance of quid pro quo is something that shouldn't be happening in clean government. And, unless you've been living under a rock for the past 8 years and either completely naive, or a complete partisan hack, you know that the close relationship between lobbyists and major national politicians is both newsworthy and an area of concern for those of us who are concerned with clean government.

We don't know if a quid pro quo was done or not. Quid pro quos are almost impossible to prove. That's why politicans who deem to be our leaders, should be especially cognizant of hanging out with lobbyist friends and developing relationships with them that even alarm their OWN staff

LMAO@cypress

This clown is way overdue for a lay...he always brings sex into the mix...gay,straight,perverted or whatever...now he is bringing age and chemical help into the mix...guess Lassie boy is desparate...seems as though darla just leads him on with no committment for a date...he really gets upset when sf and darla have the little innuendo thingee going on...this is when the attack on all 'normal 'males begins, as he patronizes darlas attacks...funny stuff to watch!~:cof1:

It's entirely possible Mr. Stray Cock Express didn't have sex with her. C'mon, the dude is a hundred and forty years old, and probably can't get it up without medical assistance.

I'm open minded to the idea that sex wasn't involved. Although, we do have to keep in mind his history of adultry and chasing trophy wives. Get this through your head: It's not about sex (although that part is hilarious). It's about corruption, or the mere appearence of impropriety.

Right... which is why you had two paragraphs on the topic in this post AND why you titled the thread as you did. Because it is not about the sex that both of them say never happened.

Yes, there is evidence. It's been posted. You chose not to read it..

No dipshit, there is no evidence that he did anything wrong. You and others continue to IMPLY that he did, but like the Times have not produced a shred of evidence to show that is the case. When asked about the letters to the FCC, his staff provided them. The NY Times hit piece even mentioned that little tidbit that you idiots continue to ignore. The letters are out there for everyone to read. The FCC had taken two years on the matter and McCain asked them to make a decision one way or the other. The FCC rebuked him for doing even that much and he accepted that.

On McCains votes on the issues that concerned the companies she represented, some went in favor, some against..... again... THIS was noted in the NY Times piece that apparently you failed to read.

"Did McCain do anything technically illegal? I don't have a clue. Maybe he didn't. He's not an idiot. I assume he knows how to walk the fine line between legality and illegality. "

No he did not do anything illegal. The same as the Keating case you idiots have brought up. In that case the Senate Ethics committee stated that he did not exercise good judgement, but that he had done nothing improper. Yet that hasn't stopped several morons from bringing that up again as if it is an issue..... and also note... not a single one of you mentioned that Senate Ethics committee finding when you brought it up..... Gee, I wonder why???

Oh yeah, because you are a complete shill for the Dems.

"The point is, that his own staff noticed this woman's close and possibly intimate relationship with him. And she wasn't some 21 year old intern. She was a powerful lobbyist, and McCain was casting votes that her clients had an interest and a stake in. Whether anything illegal was done or not, this is potentially banana republic stuff. The mere appearance of quid pro quo is something that shouldn't be happening in clean government. "

Ok, this part is the funniest. Yes, his staff did not like the appearance of the two together. They thought it sent the wrong message and were concerned about the romance angle. They did their job and brought it to his attention and that ended it. Yet you and others continue to act as though their actions somehow mean something happened.

As for the clean government part.... I would be willing to bet you cannot find anyone that has avoided lobbyists and earmarks more than McCain within the Dem ranks. Not one. Not even Obama... who is pretty damn clean himself.

"And, unless you've been living under a rock for the past 8 years and either completely naive, or a complete partisan hack, you know that the close relationship between lobbyists and major national politicians is both newsworthy and an area of concern for those of us who are concerned with clean government. "

Yeah, and if you weren't such a complete hack you would realize what a friggin hit piece this is. There is NOTHING in his voting records to suggest he did anything wrong. The worst it appears he did was ask the FCC to make a decision. Not asking for them to vote one way or the other, but to simply vote on a 2 year old case.

"We don't know if a quid pro quo was done or not. Quid pro quos are almost impossible to prove. That's why politicans who deem to be our leaders, should be especially cognizant of hanging out with lobbyist friends and developing relationships with them that even alarm their OWN staff

Can't stop laughing. Just how is it that you think they can slide the quid pro quo under the table? Is he running into the fed, taking money and handing it to them under the table? Or is that usually found via someones voting records and the earmarks they propose?

Side note

Nice photoshop.

Right... which is why you had two paragraphs on the topic in this post AND why you titled the thread as you did. Because it is not about the sex that both of them say never happened.

This is JPP, not the Wall Street Journal. You and the other thread TITLE nazis need to get a life. I'm not obligated to follow professional journalistic standards for thread titles. I can write whatever I want in the title. It's the substance of the article and posts you need to respond to. I find the alleged sex part funny, coming from the party of family values. As for the ties with a lobbyist, I've already addressed that.

No dipshit, there is no evidence that he did anything ILLEGAL. You and others continue to IMPLY that he did, but like the Times have not produced a shred of evidence to show that is the case. When asked about the letters to the FCC, his staff provided them. The NY Times hit piece even mentioned that little tidbit that you idiots continue to ignore. The letters are out there for everyone to read. The FCC had taken two years on the matter and McCain asked them to make a decision one way or the other. The FCC rebuked him for doing even that much and he accepted that.

On McCains votes on the issues that concerned the companies she represented, some went in favor, some against..... again... THIS was noted in the NY Times piece that apparently you failed to read.

I edited your post for accuracy, in bold. I never asserted that there was clear evidence he did anything illegal. We don't know. As for whether he did something ethically wrong by having such close relationships with a female lobbyist and whether his votes in the senate pertaining to the interests of her clients were influenced by that friendship, its a question that is newsworthy.

No he did not do anything illegal. The same as the Keating case you idiots have brought up. In that case the Senate Ethics committee stated that he did not exercise good judgement, but that he had done nothing improper. Yet that hasn't stopped several morons from bringing that up again as if it is an issue..... and also note... not a single one of you mentioned that Senate Ethics committee finding when you brought it up..... Gee, I wonder why???

Oh yeah, because you are a complete shill for the Dems.

Didn't exercise good judgement? YES. I agree with that. Even his own staff thought he wasn't exercising good judgement, by having such a close relationship with a lobbyist. That they had to protect himself, from himself. LOL Do you think she was just hanging out with him to have tea or coffee? This election is going to be, in part, about judgement. For example, who had better judgement about invading Iraq? Obama or McCain? Who has better judgement about the insidious influence of lobbyists in washington, Obama or McCain"

Ok, this part is the funniest. Yes, his staff did not like the appearance of the two together. They thought it sent the wrong message and were concerned about the romance angle. They did their job and brought it to his attention and that ended it. Yet you and others continue to act as though their actions somehow mean something happened.

I don't believe I've ever had a job, where staff became so alarmed at the relationship between a boss and a female, that she had to be warned to stay away from him. A female that potentially has a conflict of interest because she represents clients that have their own agenda.

As for the clean government part.... I would be willing to bet you cannot find anyone that has avoided lobbyists and earmarks more than McCain within the Dem ranks. Not one. Not even Obama... who is pretty damn clean himself.

That's why politicans who deem to be our leaders, should be especially cognizant of hanging out with lobbyist friends and developing relationships with them that even alarm their OWN staff

Can't stop laughing. Just how is it that you think they can slide the quid pro quo under the table? Is he running into the fed, taking money and handing it to them under the table? Or is that usually found via someones voting records and the earmarks they propose?

Why am I not suprised that you fell back on the "Democrats did it too".

RStrings actually provided a link with McCain promoting the idiotic Preemptive War policy of Bush's, you all are off the hook.

Do you understand the difference between Ron Paul, or yourself, telling me that he is a "war monger" and actually reading the words of McCain promoting such an idiotic policy?

You really need to get your opinions backed up by a little information. What I learned most in this thread is people have opinions that have been handed to them with very little evidence backing it up and will defend them, even when they have no real evidence to back it up except their friends saying the same thing.

RStrings actually provided a link with McCain promoting the idiotic Preemptive War policy of Bush's, you all are off the hook.

Do you understand the difference between Ron Paul, or yourself, telling me that he is a "war monger" and actually reading the words of McCain promoting such an idiotic policy?

You really need to get your opinions backed up by a little information. What I learned most in this thread is people have opinions that have been handed to them with very little evidence backing it up and will defend them, even when they have no real evidence to back it up except their friends saying the same thing.

LOL - nah, I've just been watching the debates and listening to the candidates, and anyone who has been doing that has heard McCain making war-mongering statements quite often. So have you. You just pretended you hadn't until RS faced you. I don't have the tempermant to deal with people who are being willfully ignorant.

LOL - nah, I've just been watching the debates and listening to the candidates, and anyone who has been doing that has heard McCain making war-mongering statements quite often. So have you. You just pretended you hadn't until RS faced you. I don't have the tempermant to deal with people who are being willfully ignorant.
Right. Any one of you could have produced what I asked for, if you actually used it to form that opinion you would even have known what to look for. Instead "evidence" produced consisted of two things.

1. Stupid song.

2. They say so too!

Right. Any one of you could have produced what I asked for, if you actually used it to form that opinion you would even have known what to look for. Instead "evidence" produced consisted of two things.

1. Stupid song.

2. They say so too!

Nah, I never said about anyone "they said so too" that's something you made up. Or...if you want to go find where I said that? That'd be fine too.

I told you that he has made plain - as in, plain english which some of us understand - that he was staying in Iraq forever and even increasing troop levels. i told you he had said he was going to "punish" Iran. I told you he has promised that there "will be more wars my friends" This is all war-mongering talk. You just want to pretend you have never heard him...but we all know you have heard him.

Nah, I never said about anyone "they said so too" that's something you made up. Or...if you want to go find where I said that? That'd be fine too.

I told you that he has made plain - as in, plain english which some of us understand - that he was staying in Iraq forever and even increasing troop levels. i told you he had said he was going to "punish" Iran. I told you he has promised that there "will be more wars my friends" This is all war-mongering talk. You just want to pretend you have never heard him...but we all know you have heard him.
Staying in Iraq and increasing troop levels is not war mongering.

One more time. If you increase police in Detroit in order to fight crime you are not war mongering, nor are you war mongering if you try to increase security in a place that already has an occupation. That wasn't evidence of war mongering, because increasing security in a place that it has been shown that it helps is not war mongering.

As for staying there forever, he wasn't saying we should he was saying that if there was peace there it wouldn't matter to the citizens of the US, just as it doesn't matter in Germany where there is peace.

As for the Iran stuff, he consistently speaks of diplomacy, even if he speaks of "punishing".

War mongering is promoting that idiotic Preemptive War policy that got us there, not talking of diplomacy and increasing security.

Cool 'nuff. Nothing like disagreement in agreement to get the day going.

We both think the same thing for different reasons. It's all good.

I took a snow today I'm going to stay home, eat pistachios and watch The Nanny. She cracks me up. I'm not going to do any work, or get into any arguments...but I might post some more pictures later just to aggravate other people. :)

Back