Great atheists on the meaning & purpose of life

dude......it took three minutes to prove you're an idiot.......that does not equal obtaining a working knowledge of all his teachings......it just equals finding proof you're an idiot......
Thanks for frantically Googling for two minutes just to prove and corroborate what I wrote 20 posts ago: that Confucius taught a form, a version, a resemblance of the Golden Rule - not the exact, identifical, equivalent Golden Rule Jesus taught.

That's a pretty fucked up hypothesis.

But it stands to reason. You spew hate at everyone even when they agree with you on points. Then you get pissed when someone pushes back.

You treat others in ways you don't want to be treated.

Funny how all of that comes back around, isn't it?
Better than the Golden Rule is to treat others how THEY wish to be treated.

That’s where Christians fail when they refuse to do so.
There are very few actual christians on this forum. Their God is Trump.
That’s my observation as well.

Thanks for frantically Googling for two minutes just to prove and corroborate what I wrote 20 posts ago: that Confucius taught a form, a version, a resemblance of the Golden Rule - not the exact, identifical, equivalent Golden Rule Jesus taught.
if in fact a guy named Confucius even wrote it, it is the literal opposite of the Golden Rule........and that doesn't take into account that is wasn't translated into the iteration you refer to until Freedman wrote a book in 2002....a tad bit later than the Biblical version......

In Judaism it would only be a sin if your reason for not believing in God is because you believe in two or more gods.
are you arguing that not believing in the God that brought you out of Egypt, and instead believing in two random gods, say Shiva and Astart, would NOT be a violation of the first two commandments in the Jewish tradition?.....

if in fact a guy named Confucius even wrote it, it is the literal opposite of the Golden Rule........and that doesn't take into account that is wasn't translated into the iteration you refer to until Freedman wrote a book in 2002....a tad bit later than the Biblical version......
You are obviously just repeating the ideas and words of somebody you found in a frantic google search.

Your aren't literate in koine Greek, which is the language the New Testament was written in, so you aren't entitled to complain about translations.

I've read both the New Testament and the Analects of Confucius. You're running your mouth about the Analects, a book you didn't even know existed until I mentioned it

Your confirmation bias is that Christianity is superior to every other religion and thought system in the world. So it's not surprising you are hostile to believing Eastern literature had a type of Golden Rule centuries before the authors of the Gospels wrote anything.

Scholars of Eastern wisdom almost universally agree that the Analects of Confucius articulates a type of Golden Rule. Your frantic google search and repeating of someone else's idea not withstanding.

If you want the question to be about which ancient literature was unique in an abiding concern for social justice, universal love, and the treatment of the poor, then I already beat you to the punch. Because I have a record of writing exactly that about the Judeo-Christian scriptures.

Incorrect. What I wrote is a fair and balanced, back of the envelope summary of what these philosophers said about finding meaning in life. There is nothing offensive or demeaning to these men in what I wrote.

The thing that seems quite surprising is you don't seem comfortable with what these premminent atheist philosophers said about finding self fulfillment and meaning.

I think what they believed is perfectly fine.
your summaries are reductionist and slanted, like your chink ass eyes.

You are obviously just repeating the ideas and words of somebody you found in a frantic google search.

Your aren't literate in koine Greek, which is the language the New Testament was written in, so you aren't entitled to complain about translations.

I've read both the New Testament and the Analects of Confucius. You're running your mouth about the Analects, a book you didn't even know existed until I mentioned it

Your confirmation bias is that Christianity is superior to every other religion and thought system in the world. So it's not surprising you are hostile to believing Eastern literature had a type of Golden Rule centuries before the authors of the Gospels wrote anything.

Scholars of Eastern wisdom almost universally agree that the Analects of Confucius articulates a type of Golden Rule. Your frantic google search and repeating of someone else's idea not withstanding.

If you want the question to be about which ancient literature was unique in an abiding concern for social justice, universal love, and the treatment of the poor, then I already beat you to the punch. Because I have a record of writing exactly that about the Judeo-Christian scriptures.
judaism is not Christianity.

judeo-christian is a Zionist concept.

you are infringing on the atheists' prerogative......is a mere Gnost entitled to infringe on the new Atheist Judgement Day?.....
Somebody who deliberately writes enraged, foul mouthed, and premeditated homicide and murder fantasies on a public message board is not a Christian

Somebody who deliberately writes enraged, foul mouthed, and premeditated homicide and murder fantasies on a public message board is not a Christian
now you're the great judge of who's a real Christian?

wow, pretty bold for an atheist.

supporting policies of human depopulation based on co2 lies is much more evil than name calling.

you're actually a mass murderer.

I'm convinced that human life is a random manifestation occurring only because,
in an infinite universe,
everything that's physically possible to exist
probably exists an infinite number of times.

Human life could not exist, however, if humans were genetically programmed to recognize this fact.
If we thought and behaved as if we realized what we are,
we wouldn't make the significant effort required to survive.

Now that I've got it all figured out to my own personal satisfaction,
I can grab another cup of coffee.

I'm convinced that human life is a random manifestation occurring only because,
in an infinite universe,
everything that's physically possible to exist
probably exists an infinite number of times.

Human life could not exist, however, if humans were genetically programmed to recognize this fact.
If we thought and behaved as if we realized what we are,
we wouldn't make the significant effort required to survive.

Now that I've got it all figured out to my own personal satisfaction,
I can grab another cup of coffee.
ok, but should murder, assault, and fraud be illegal?

judaism is not Christianity.

judeo-christian is a Zionist concept.
The Hebrew prophets of the OT had an abiding concern with loving your neighbors and concern and proper treatment of the poor, widows, and orphans centuries before Jesus.

People seem to want to forget that the OT is far more than just Genesis, Exodus, and some descriptions of violence and mayhem. In some very real sense, Jesus was carrying forward the tradition of the Hebrew prophets.

The Hebrew prophets of the OT had an abiding concern with loving your neighbors and concern and proper treatment of the poor, widows, and orphans centuries before Jesus.

People seem to want to forget that the OT is far more than just Genesis, Exodus, and some descriptions of violence and mayhem. In some very real sense, Jesus was carrying forward the tradition of the Hebrew prophets.
except for the people they felt free to genocide.

great religion you have there.

Back