Gun Monkey Follies: arming teachers

Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
What is stupid and illogical (other than the fact you cannot discern simple comprehension)?
Bottom line. An armed/trained teacher could be there BEFORE the police arrive to defuse a situation.
You "deconstructed" nothing, other than adding a lot of babbling bullshit. You are a stupid illogical fool.

Exactly...

This is how I schooled your like minded brethren. Apparently, you're in sync with his blather....he didn't have a come back, and I doubt you will too.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...Follies-arming-teachers&p=5968948#post5968948

All you're doing is just proving the #1 point I previously made.....parroting it ad nausea won't make it more valid. And my brother could teach you a thing or two about the "school family" as opposed to his biological family (a few decades of teaching/tutoring in various educational venues. So repeating that BS of yours doesn't cut it. And of course, repeating a gun monkey mantra is not a new discussion point. It just becomes empty rhetoric when previously deconstructed, as I did in #4. Your last sentence is just worthless smoke blowing of a MAGA/gun monkey troll who can't debate an issue logically and factually.

Assumption of victory fallacy. Inversion fallacy. It is YOU denying logic, Sock. Your hoplophobia won't save you. You cannot project YOUR problems onto anybody else.
MAGA is not a person.

Okay, folks. Matty has mentally deteriorated into a petulant child once again. He does this EVERY time I take him to task on a subject and he can't logically or factually defend his stance. So I leave him to his parroted blather and childish memes for another month or so. He'll periodically dog my posts and threads DESPITE being notified that I can't see them. Hope springs eternal that he'll be more mature/sober when I engage him again.

He has already made his stance. He doesn't have to defend it again for you. He is not your slave.

People do not go into teaching to hunt other people. How many people do you know hunt with a handgun, anyways? Or are you suggesting that a teacher who enjoys hunting bring his/her .308 to school every day? :rolleyes:

You are being preposterous. Go into teaching to hurt people? I belong to a gun club. Many members hunt with a handgun. I carry one myself when I hunt deer.
I'm suggesting a further means of protection for the students. .308? A .45 ACP would be plenty. No need for overkill...

All you're doing is just proving the #1 point I previously made.....parroting it ad nausea won't make it more valid. And my brother could teach you a thing or two about the "school family" as opposed to his biological family (a few decades of teaching/tutoring in various educational venues. So repeating that BS of yours doesn't cut it. And of course, repeating a gun monkey mantra is not a new discussion point. It just becomes empty rhetoric when previously deconstructed, as I did in #4. Your last sentence is just worthless smoke blowing of a MAGA/gun monkey troll who can't debate an issue logically and factually.
i suggest you talk to your brother and get back to me, if he taught several decades...I think you might be surprised how he feels about his school family...and his responsibilities when the children are under his care...

I think you have a typo here, as this is a repeat. No one is buying your BS the first time. Just thought you should know.
I'm a retired MS and HS special education teacher and coach...I'm sorry that you can't accept that, but it is what it is...My school family is my family...ask your brother how that works... Mental illness and illegal guns are the biggest problem..
I am glad you are concerned...we all have to be...We'll get things back on track when we get this country back... that should begin in November at the latest, though we're continuing to work on it now...

You are being preposterous. Go into teaching to hurt people? I belong to a gun club. Many members hunt with a handgun. I carry one myself when I hunt deer.
I'm suggesting a further means of protection for the students. .308? A .45 ACP would be plenty. No need for overkill...

"HUNT" not "hurt." You may find this difficult to believe, but just because you are obsessed with firearms doesn't mean the rest of us share that devotion. Again, people do not go into teaching to carry firearms into the classroom. It's bad enough that they have to have active shooter drills and worry that cops will stand around with their thumbs up their asses, like they did at Uvalde, while they and their students are gunned down.

Guns are not the solution. They are the problem.

Here's someone born and bred in the state who is now pointing something incredibly stupid being done by his local government ... but it might as well be every state in the USA. Check it out:

The way the first guy presents it, teachers are being forced to carry guns. They aren’t.

If there is a secure way to store guns in the classroom, so there is no way a student can get to them, I’m fine with teachers, who are comfortable and compentent, being allowed to carry guns.

The whole reason people have guns in their homes is to protect themselves and people they care about because police can’t be everywhere…or, when they are there, they stand around sanitizing their hands rather than protecting people.

The way the first guy presents it, teachers are being forced to carry guns. They aren’t.

If there is a secure way to store guns in the classroom, so there is no way a student can get to them, I’m fine with teachers, who are comfortable and compentent, being allowed to carry guns.

The whole reason people have guns in their homes is to protect themselves and people they care about because police can’t be everywhere…or, when they are there, they stand around sanitizing their hands rather than protecting people.

Excellent post Except for the remark about policemen... But kudos for The rest .

What's your opinion on *requiring* teachers to be armed?

What's your opinion on *requiring* teachers to be armed?

Nope. Not all people are comfortable handing/using guns in general, much less in a highly stressful situation. The last thing I want is to have an inexperienced and extremely nervous person handling a gun in a very stressful situation.

Last edited:
Police are human... and some are flawed. Uvalde showed us that police aren't guaranteed to intervene, even when they should.

Some are...but Most...the vast majority... aren't... I think you and your "thanker" know that...;)

Back