Gun Monkey Follies: arming teachers

If this guy was genuinely concerned he would run for office instead of pontificating on the Internet. It's funny that as mentally unstable as school shooters are they never seen shoot up a police station or an NRA convention. Why do you think that is?

I see your "reasoning" there, but it fails upon actually viewing what is being proposed.

Yes, shooters seldom shoot up places where trained gun-bearing individuals congregate for obvious reasons. But it does not follow that arming teachers will make things better. First off: you can't demand that one of the primary skills of being a kindergarten teacher is that you need to be a military trained marksman; it just won't happen. Secondly adding guns to an already gun-laden society doesn't seem to have EVER improved the situation. As more guns get in circulation more bad actors get access to guns just statistically.

The idea of dousing a gasoline fire by pouring more gasoline on it doesn't seem like a great idea and has absolutely zero evidence that it would work. Meanwhile much stricter gun laws DO show evidence all over the globe.

Actually, Tacky, I think that since it's Tennessee, we should just let volsrock make the rules.

He knows the terrain.
He knows the people.
He knows the teachers can't all be gunfighters.

I'm confident that if we just trust volsrock,
he'll know enough to arm all the kids as well.:laugh:

Occasionally kids brought guns to school... Sometimes we found them...sometimes we didn't... There was never an incident... Though a car did get shot in the parking lot at a basketball game one night... None of us ever thought about having to be armed... We didn't have to lock the doors... Kids
Let us break up their fights...Nobody had To show an ID... Things have changed though ... But I don't think We need to be armed... But if the staff decided to do so I might consider it...Screenshot_20240417_091954_Chrome.jpg you mentioned these...recommendations?

Teaching kids deviant sexual behavior as 'normal' is evil, Sybil. Every school has the right (and responsibility) to ban such books.

And what specific books would those be? I'm genuinely curious because I don't think this is a real fear. But I would like to hear from someone who does.

I see your "reasoning" there, but it fails upon actually viewing what is being proposed.

Yes, shooters seldom shoot up places where trained gun-bearing individuals congregate for obvious reasons. But it does not follow that arming teachers will make things better.
Paradox. Irrational.
First off: you can't demand that one of the primary skills of being a kindergarten teacher is that you need to be a military trained marksman; it just won't happen.
'Expert' fallacy (false authority fallacy). You don't need to be in the military to carry or use a gun, Sock.
Secondly adding guns to an already gun-laden society doesn't seem to have EVER improved the situation.
Denying history won't work, Sock.
As more guns get in circulation more bad actors get access to guns just statistically.
Math errors: Failure to declare boundary. Failure to select by randN. Failure to normalize by paired randR. Failure to use published data. Failure to declare and justify variance. Failure to calculate margin of error value. Failure to calculate mean value. Failure to publish either mean or margin of error values.
Logic errors: Argument from randU fallacy. Buzzword fallacy. Void authority fallacy.
The idea of dousing a gasoline fire by pouring more gasoline on it doesn't seem like a great idea and has absolutely zero evidence that it would work.
Cliche fallacy. Guns aren't gasoline. BTW, odd as it sounds, you CAN put out a gasoline fire with more gasoline. All you have to do is break the fire triangle. Using enough gasoline, you can deprive the fire of oxygen and even of thermal energy, thus putting the fire out.
Meanwhile much stricter gun laws DO show evidence all over the globe.
Argument from randU fallacy. False authority fallacy.

The United States is not the globe.
Strict gun control laws in places like the SDTC, the SOTNY, the SOTCO, or the city of Chicago do NOTHING to stop mass shooters, and may even encourage their behavior.

Gun Free Zones don't work.

Paradox. Irrational.

'Expert' fallacy (false authority fallacy). You don't need to be in the military to carry or use a gun, Sock.

Denying history won't work, Sock.

Math errors: Failure to declare boundary. Failure to select by randN. Failure to normalize by paired randR. Failure to use published data. Failure to declare and justify variance. Failure to calculate margin of error value. Failure to calculate mean value. Failure to publish either mean or margin of error values.
Logic errors: Argument from randU fallacy. Buzzword fallacy. Void authority fallacy.

Cliche fallacy. Guns aren't gasoline. BTW, odd as it sounds, you CAN put out a gasoline fire with more gasoline. All you have to do is break the fire triangle. Using enough gasoline, you can deprive the fire of oxygen and even of thermal energy, thus putting the fire out.

Argument from randU fallacy. False authority fallacy.

The United States is not the globe.
Strict gun control laws in places like the SDTC, the SOTNY, the SOTCO, or the city of Chicago do NOTHING to stop mass shooters, and may even encourage their behavior.

Gun Free Zones don't work.

Moron. Your opinion on this facet of American life is both ill-informed and stupid. You are a waste of time.

Occasionally kids brought guns to school... Sometimes we found them...sometimes we didn't... There was never an incident... Though a car did get shot in the parking lot at a basketball game one night... None of us ever thought about having to be armed... We didn't have to lock the doors... Kids
Let us break up their fights...Nobody had To show an ID... Things have changed though ... But I don't think We need to be armed... But if the staff decided to do so I might consider it...View attachment 26157 you mentioned these...recommendations?

Schools used to have gun clubs. You brought your gun to school for gun club.

Schools used to have gun clubs. You brought your gun to school for gun club.
i remember those, but it wouldn't have been an acceptable option when and where I was teaching...
Our University pistol team won the National Championship this year, so young people are staying in practice...;)

Back